Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I would loving love to talk about some Hammer horror, sir. The Reptile is an old favourite. The Mummy is an excellent Hammer film, w/ Christopher Lee as the monster. Then there's the Dracula and Frankenstein cycles, along with one-offs like Curse of the Werewolf and The Gorgon, expanding on the classic Universal monster blueprint with more sex, more violence and in colour! Hammer brought about some of the most stylish horror films of the 60s. And Michael Ripper is the fuckin' best.

I'd also like to submit Roger Corman 's Edgar Allan Poe cycle as an amazing alternative for the goon who's worn out on Hammer films. Often starring the inimitable Vincent Price, they're well worth a glance. Corman's at his absolute best when it comes to these flicks. I'd also highly recommend the Tomb of Ligeia and Corman's take on Lovecraft, The Haunted Palace, which also boasts a brilliant score.

Any other people in to this stuff at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I'm a big fan of The Mummy (1959), and I actually think that it's the best mummy movie ever made, for better or for worse. The sequels, though, are very lacklustre, so the films just don't work as a series.

• Locked thread