Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I really gotta rewatch the whole series. The only one I've seen more than once is Frankenstein Created Woman, which owns.

It's the only one I ever feel much urge to revisit. Cushing does all the heavy lifting in the others and they don't have the hooks that the Dracula flicks, for example, have. The Hammer Dracula are just overflowing with ideas, the Frankensteins, Created Woman notwithstanding, have one great character and not much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

And those Mummy movies. I want to like them so bad.

Every time I watch the Mummy, I'm like man that's a really cool idea/image/whatever one minute then a minute later I realize I zoned out and started doing the dishes or something. I am at a total loss to explain why I don't like them.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I know exactly why I don't like them - they establish a mood that they don't sustain, which is something crucial that otherwise mediocre movies manage to exploit. The Terror, for example, is not a great movie by any stretch but it is very moody. Those Mummy movies are just dull.

I'm gonna give it another shot because it seems wrong that my favorite Mummy movie is the one with Brendan Fraser.

That's a good point, and it's the best thing about, for a directly comparable and mediocre comparison, The Gorgon. It knows exactly what it's doing and really sells this dreary, almost claustrophobic fall atmosphere that compliments the story perfectly.

• Locked thread