Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PeaceDiner posted:

I think the crazy and stupid stuff her parents did to support and promote this add even more to the infamy than the normal "bad fantasy." See Robert Stanek for another example of an author that would be largely forgotten if not for the crazy stuff he did to promote his book.

By the way, anyone interested in this trainwreck should check out Conjugal Felicity's page on the author.

^^^ This. Rorschach's done an amazing takedown of both Tesch and Stanek. Though I wish he'd give Stanek's works a little more hatelove more often. Though by his own admission Stanek's work is just so bugfuck incomprehensible compared to Maradonia that is requires multiple read through and rigorous cross referencing with other parts of the book just to work out stuff like basic continuity, characters' spatial relationships to each other, and what characters are actually trying to achieve from one brief appearance to the next 100 pages later.

Someone should probably make a Stanek thread too. Because while Tesch is a whimsically insulated, parent and sycophant-enabled Dunning-Kruger case, Stanek is a repugnant con artist in addition to bring a god awful writer.

Still, after years of keeping up with Conjucal Felicity, I'm kind of bemused to see a thread about Maradnonia pop up here. I'm sure you just made Rorschach's month.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

That's...one hell of a story, but I was always a sucker for obvious cases of writerial insanity. Anyone knows what she's up to nowadays?

Getting her rich doctor daddy to make a z-grade feature length backyard movie out of her books by throwing money at people of questionable filmmaking talent.

• Locked thread