Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I cannot really understand this trend of extremely wordy posts about books that you know are terrible. yes there are a lot of crap scifi/fantasy series out there, they are better left unread

Gravybong posted:

I know you're being a little sarcastic here, but I think it's extra special when the bad fantasy is this bad.

special how? its self published fantasy written by a child what do you expect. are you next going to find the crayon scrawlings of some 5 year old and write 20000 words about how its a bad drawing?

Gravybong posted:

It's like walking into a room filled with vomit and there somehow being one corner of it that's more disgusting than the rest of it.

right... so using your own metaphor, if you walk into a room full of vomit, why wouldn't you just turn around and walk back out? why would you deliberately find the most disgusting corner and play around in it?

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Gravybong posted:

And the truth is, I like making fun of bad work, whether it's literary, musical, artistic, or whatever.

while thats not really my thing, I can at least understand the appeal of mocking something like Twilight or 50 Shades or whatever which are actual published books written by grown rear end adults advertised all over the place and big in pop culture.. but this is some obscure random self published stuff written by someone who is literally a child.

again, it just seems like picking apart some kids crayon drawings. I honestly have no idea how you would even come across it unless you go out looking for it which.. why?

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 24, 2015

• Locked thread