Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

Didn't know your mom was the human girl in the you are a human girl yet you are giving birth to a horse, manga panel.

Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ragg posted:

Didn't know your mom was the human girl in the you are a human girl yet you are giving birth to a horse, manga panel.

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ragg posted:

.... I need this... for reasons.......

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Ragg posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5g_gs6nnyo

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Kill bandits. gently caress sorceresses.

leethasbro
Apr 11, 2005

Rat Enthusiast
Witchin' ain't easy but it's necessary.

E: also bang all the sorceresses.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I've revised my opinion of The Witcher 3: It's okay.

Dec 26, 2012

i like the game, but the alchemy feels worse to me than the other 2 games, but at least they made it able to drink potions not while meditating again. making components 0 weight should make a huge difference, i havent played since that patch came in

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I really want to play 3, but I liked 1 more than 2 and worry 3 will be more of 2.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

I really want to play 3, but I liked 1 more than 2 and worry 3 will be more of 2.

If you like 1 or 2 more than 3 you're hosed.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
1 is unplayable

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

elf help book posted:

1 is unplayable

This.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Yes it is, OP.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to admit that I think switcher 3 is great and I really enjoy it

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

1 is unplayable

basically. it's a shame the gameplay is so bad

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm going to play this when i'm done with dragon's dogema and metal gear july, op

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the game owns, folk

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I think I'll play it since I trust imp zones opinions because they tend to be good opinions.

Only question I have is about the soundtrack. I liked 2's soundtrack a lot. Is this one's soundtrack good too?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Contra Calculus posted:

I think I'll play it since I trust imp zones opinions because they tend to be good opinions.

Only question I have is about the soundtrack. I liked 2's soundtrack a lot. Is this one's soundtrack good too?

way better. theres one epic song near the city at night thats like,
they let the star trek lady just freestyle over some ethnic polish strings, its so heady

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Contra Calculus posted:

Ya I like the soundtrack.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ragg posted:

If you like 1 or 2 more than 3 you're hosed.

elf help book posted:

1 is unplayable

I haven't played 3 and 1 definitely shows its age, but I felt it was more of an rpg while 2 was more of an action game. Obviously it's personal preference, but I don't care as much for character action games. The choices in one felt more impactful as well. It definitely wears out its welcome by the end when you can't even get combos started because everything can dodge, but I really, really liked 1.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the skellige islands exploration music is really great and very relaxing

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the theme for the forest crones was spot loving on

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also my ps4 physical copy came with w copy of the sound track. Wasn't even a pre order bonus or anything

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

the theme for the forest crones was spot loving on

when you met them in person holy crab

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
The crones were really creepy and weird

Game owns overall

Combat is okay, although probably the weakest part, graphics and sound are excellent

Standout part is the writing. The overall storyline is nothing special but the characters and dialogue are amazing. The individual quests are good too, even the really basic go here and kill x quests had so much personality breathed into them i didn't think too much about how basic the underlying task was

The writers even get humour right. The part with geralt getting drunk with his witcher buddies owned owned owned and there are a decent number of other funny lines in there too

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
the graphics are fantastic, the animation is loving top notch

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think the graphics are foul bloomy oversaturated CAT PISS!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I think the graphics are foul bloomy oversaturated CAT PISS!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress I got the bad ending. Son of a bitch

E: I actually got the best ending

frank.club fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 24, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh - Err, nice job man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

gently caress I got the bad ending. Son of a bitch

E: I actually got the best ending

Noice

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Neurosis posted:

The writers even get humour right. The part with geralt getting drunk with his witcher buddies owned owned owned and there are a decent number of other funny lines in there too

God drat that part was amazing, im mad that i didnt dress up in yen's clothes

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I really like the witcher 3 so far. Does anyone who's beaten it know if there are crazy awesone end game monsters to fight because that would be rad

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think there's much in the way of optional super bosses but I'd recommend turning the difficulty to death march after beating the main story.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i didn't like it very much when i first tried it, but i've heard the patches have helped quite a bit. the combat seemed pretty assy in my first 2 or 3 hours though. prob go back to it after i finish replaying NV

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I never played Witcher 2 because I'm a lovely person, but I really want to enjoy all the sweet sweet Witcher 3 action. Am I going to be mad at myself for just downloading a save file and not playing 2 first?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

surc posted:

I never played Witcher 2 because I'm a lovely person, but I really want to enjoy all the sweet sweet Witcher 3 action. Am I going to be mad at myself for just downloading a save file and not playing 2 first?

all 3 witcher games are pretty standalone so not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

there'll be refs to characters fro mbooks and the games and you wont know a drat thing about that but oh well.

• Locked thread