Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I believe A Sugar Sweet Dad and a Salty Sour Daughter popped up here before, but that was before it was dropped. About a month ago it was picked up by a different group and they've been putting out some steady releases since. The quality isn't the best, but it is readable.

quote:

This charming new manga follows the father and daughter of the Sugisaki household, with its vain, gorgeous, and very doting father, and his equally stylish, cool, but far drier daughter - but can two different generations of shoujo main characters inhabit the same house?
From the first chapter:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh right! I saw that was getting updates again & need to catch up on the new chapters.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter of New Life With My Daughter

finally getting some backstory yay

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 17, 2021

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 1, 2021

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Animated Drawings To Replace Webmasters > Dad Manga Thread: it's a harem but they just want to be his kid

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
An adoptem.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Is that S Rank Daughter? Need to get into that one again.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Is that S Rank Daughter? Need to get into that one again.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Peerless Dad got licensed as Father, Unrivaled so if you've been reading it support the official release if you can :sun:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
whoa, Papa and Daddy's Home Cooking got a new chapter, it's been like three years

note at the beginning says it was "heavily MTL-ed"
:negative:

e: I couldn't get the mangadex page to actually load, I used it b/c that's what people are used to but I don't actually know if the new chapter is there or not (I read it elsewhere)

wew that was rough going
also kinda rude to just tell people your sister's business, jeez lady that was like, kind of a dark bit of character detail

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 17, 2021

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I was going to say that I'm glad some of the people I follow host their translations on their own sites. But then I went to Method Scans and all their Peerless Dad chapters are gone so I'm certain they got the C&D. :negative:. I just read the new chapter last night, it was great because the old sweeping man went Super Saiyan on the Elderly twins while Noh continues to fail to get off a mountain swarming with people. My computer is acting fucky so I can't get to their discord to see what happened.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
since it got licensed, yeah they probably got C&D'd

I'm following the official one now but man it's going to take forever to catch up. Kinda fun to re-read the early stuff again though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad it's finally in English officially and now people will eagerly pay money to legally read the manga and support the creators.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Since it is licensed, can we make a thread for Father, UNRIVALED? I think more people should read it.

I also put some money in and unlocked chapters so the creators get paid.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
How much does an artist even get from a platform like Tapas? I don't actually buy into webcomic sites like that or even webtoons but I'm curious.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
if this blog post is accurate anywhere from $100 to $2000 per month: https://www.s-morishitastudio.com/how-much-do-line-webtoon-artists-get-paid/
my understanding is it's highly reliant on subscriber counts and page views and reader tips

Tapas specifically:
https://help.tapas.io/hc/en-us/articles/360007605774-How-do-I-make-money-on-Tapas-
https://forums.tapas.io/t/how-much-does-tapastic-pay/16902/2

anyway if something is licensed and you like it, you should really consider supporting it because my understanding of the whole system is it's somewhat exploitative and they aren't making huge amounts of money to begin with, but people reading scans cuts into that even more.

I've seen a lot of BL webtoon artists posting about piracy and how much it's hurting their income. I read scans also so I'm not trying to get up on a high-horse here but imo if it's licensed and you like something enough to read it every time it updates, buy the chapters.

AtomikKrab posted:

Since it is licensed, can we make a thread for Father, UNRIVALED? I think more people should read it.

I also put some money in and unlocked chapters so the creators get paid.

:justpost:
it's probably not a bad idea to let people know it does have an official release they could be supporting at least.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 18, 2021

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Looks like Peerless Dad/Father Unrivaled is back as of today with 10 new chapters. Translations are already starting to show up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The junk collector posted:

Looks like Peerless Dad/Father Unrivaled is back as of today with 10 new chapters. Translations are already starting to show up.

Don't know where the official scans are at, but Flame Scans has been putting out TL's for the current chapters on their site. Noh stripping down to get hot and heavy with a bunch of buff monks is just an amazing cliffhanger. Shame he's going to have a huge misunderstanding when he gets home because of the kid he mercy killed

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The official release on tapas is currently on ch 54, will be a while before they catch up to the raw but they're doing 2 chapters a week so it's moving at a good pace.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1432075459819360260?s=20
:eyepop:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
2 volumes of the Yakuza Babysitter manga are available for the official release btw. Looks to be a small publisher so if you like that one I'd encourage supporting them to make sure we get all of it (5 volumes and ongoing). Also you're better off just reading it legal since it's ahead of the scans and iirc the translation on them was not very great to begin with.

The Angel in Ootani-san's House continues to be cute :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1435459430292750342?s=20

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://j-novel.club/series/dragon-daddy-diaries-a-girl-grows-to-greatness

“Daddy!” The dragon blinked as the wee little human called out to him. Him? Her “Daddy”? Powerful enough to have been venerated by humankind, yet warmhearted and even a tad ditzy, the dragon soon finds himself raising and doting on the precocious Olivia as if she really were his daughter in this touching tale. The toddler may be impossibly cute now, but just you wait—she’s a curious child and she’s growing up real fast. You can bet that one day, she’ll be the strongest human there is! But first, how will he handle little Olivia receiving an acceptance letter to a human school?

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Caught up on Revoked Adventurer's License. Doug makes for a good protagonist. Rather like how his dad instincts have been the source of his determination as well as the paternalistic attitude that inadvertently drove a wedge into Alan & Co.'s cohesion. Kind of reminds me of Minwu from Final Fantasy if he stuck around, sort of.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yeah, I liked that once more of his past with them came out and showed how overbearing he had been, it gave him a little more depth as a character since he hasn't really been shown with many flaws.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Gonna pour one out for my boy in the latest Peerless Dad Rest in Piece Il-Cho, I was always a little worried you'd go off the rails since your introduction was beheading a bunch of dudes without any prompting. But you really held down the fort while Noh was off figuring his own life out and even kept his kids safe. You got royally screwed over in the end because of the Heavenly Dragon's lovely sons that never learned their place. I'm actually a little miffed you didn't make it but I'm sure Noh's gonna raise hell for the people that caused this whole mess.

Honestly rip all the guards that fell in the past couple chapters as well.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 22, 2021

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Peerless has been on a real bummer kick lately especially the last few chapters. Noh, just needs to go home and play with his kids for like the next 80 chapters to even things out.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just re-read the chapter where Noh has to dig out his old weapons and talks to his wife's ghost/memory, man what a good chapter

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Mangadex seems to be way behind on Peerless Dad. What's the best place to read it now?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chas McGill posted:

Mangadex seems to be way behind on Peerless Dad. What's the best place to read it now?

it's licensed so I just swapped over to the official release on Tapas which is why I'm re-reading. idk where scans are getting posted now.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

The Demon King's Daughter Is Too Kind is a saccharine manga about a demon child whose weapons-grade adorableness and kindness are too much for everyone else to handle.
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=156267

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Everything Burrito posted:

it's licensed so I just swapped over to the official release on Tapas which is why I'm re-reading. idk where scans are getting posted now.

Oh cool, I might subscribe when it catches up a bit. I still think Peerless Dad is a better title...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chas McGill posted:

Oh cool, I might subscribe when it catches up a bit. I still think Peerless Dad is a better title...

Yeah, the localized title is a little clunky but I do kinda wonder if they do that to differentiate between the legal version and the fan translations.
It's going to be a pretty long time before they catch up but they are putting out 2 chapters at a time at least. I'm also enjoying going back through the early parts because understanding more of the various dynamics between all the factions is a little easier to keep track of the second time through.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I neglected to post links to the last couple of updates but Noh's gonna start making waves within the Heavenly Dragon Pavilion.
Current scanlators page
I'd like to give a bit of musings over Noh's development over the series but I'll save that for a later update when I have a better idea how the current plan is going to play out. That being said what I do want to do is give props to this mad bastard for playing the longest of long cons. and having his betrayal actually foreshadowed in the past

Like a goddamn fiddle

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I need some kind of chart to understand what's going on in the wuxia politics parts of peerless dad.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

I need some kind of chart to understand what's going on in the wuxia politics parts of peerless dad.

I was going to type it all up and realized it was becoming a bit tied up because there are like 3-5 subfactions/sects either being manipulated by or used by the major players in this political contest. Imma try and pare it down as much as I can.

The basic jist is that The leader of the heavenly dragon association is going to retire soon and his two sons are busy being dicks and dragging everyone around them down. The older brother (lion looking dude) is in bed with the criminal side of things (and a major crime syndicate) and the other brother (hot tub rear end in a top hat) listens way too much to his duplicitous wife and thinks he's a master planner himself. On top of this you have the Administrator, the guy who has been playing any and everyone against each other, who is also one of the five sovereigns making him one of the most dangerous men in the Murim. He's related to Noh's master Mo Wei, who was part of the bloodless Duo with Noh's waterbending friend's masterm, somehow or at least their disappearance. Because those two disappeared the metal clan got out of control resulting in the metal demon running wilder than the Administrator planned when he instigated a war between the Sword clan (or school of swordsmanship in the official TL) and the Heavenly Dragon Pavilion; since both factions represent two of the largest clans in the Murim. Noh spent some time out of commission dealing with ki addiction and the inner politic stuff relating to his children just grew out of one guy being really upset that Noh may or may not have mercy killed his son.

ON TOP OF THIS. Noh had started to clean up the dirty poo poo within the association using the hired warriors and vagabonds brought in by his first and third brother in his old mercenary group. They got royally hosed by the 2nd heavenly dragon son because instead of honoring the promise they made to Ak Gun during the recent battle, hot tub rear end in a top hat listened to his wife's idea to let the first rate warriors get annihilated to get sympathy points with the other sect leaders within the association. Something that would have happened had Noh not come back and literally beat the leader of the criminal contract organization's local branch to death one limb at a time. Now he's driving angry because a technical outsider to the association he still doesn't have a way to get back at the people that screwed his men over and resulted in a lot of deaths. This is about to change. And that's just the previous 100 chapters or so since the entire kidnapping incident and assassins sent after Noh is a different conflict that arose because the administrators son wanted to run away from home and would up dragging the Murim Alliance into this.

What's interesting to me is that this story is like book 3/5 that this author has written. Red Storm is another book and a new manwha that's come out is adapting I think book 4 which is about the administrator and/or his son. So part of the problem here is that we're missing some background information about what started things off like this from books 1 and/or 2.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Noh continues his political assassination of all parties involved with this current ordeal.
There was also an actual chart posted in the flamescans comment section.

There are some missing images like the one for Tang Gun Jun (hot tub rear end in a top hat) and according to the comment section the Four Ways association is renamed as the Criminal Contractor Association but here's what you're looking for Sindai.

I also need to retract a previous statement, it wasn't Young-Young that suggested betraying the first class warriors I'd mixed up conversations and attributed the spy's suggestion with her own. Her brand of shady is related to something vague that benefited her when Noh's kids were accepted into the Heavenly Dragon's training school.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a pretty handy chart for at the very least clustering various characters together who are in the same groups because that's probably the thing I have the hardest time keeping track of, who is working with who if they aren't literally in the same chapter together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's pretty handy, thanks for posting it