Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
Yeah, that was pretty dumb. If it wasn't played off like a complete joke it'd have ruined it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the new gakuen babysitters has a pretty shocking development: midori is a boy. now before you all panic due to this gamechanger, it turns out the translators made a translation error and she's still a girl

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
I stared watching Usagi Drop cause of this thread and I'm grateful for it. Such a good show. No idea why I've avoided it since now.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Leper Residue posted:

I stared watching Usagi Drop cause of this thread and I'm grateful for it. Such a good show. No idea why I've avoided it since now.

Just make sure to keep avoiding the manga while watching the anime and everything will be fine.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Mikl posted:

Just make sure to keep avoiding the manga while watching the anime and everything will be fine.

Yeah I've actually read the spoilers so I don't plan on going anywhere near it, which is a shame since I like going from manga to anime and vice versa most of the time.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

to be fair the manga is also really good, just stop at the time skip.

I read the manga first, but stopped shortly after that point and had no idea about the ending until the anime came out and people started talking about it.

not to drag this thread into usagi drop chat, but I'd really like to know why that happened; it seems like a huge aberration compared to all the rest of the author's stuff :smith:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i heard somewhere that she had a mental breakdown so im just taking that as the truth

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

sounds reasonable enough, you've convinced me

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

z0glin Warchief posted:

sounds reasonable enough, you've convinced me

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Gakuen Babysitters is probably the most adorable thing I have ever read and will ever read. :kimchi:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Dragonatrix posted:

Gakuen Babysitters is probably the most adorable thing I have ever read and will ever read. :kimchi:

If you want more adorableness, try Love so Life, which also has babies armed with WMD levels of cuteness.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Leper Residue posted:

If you want more adorableness, try Love so Life, which also has babies armed with WMD levels of cuteness.

The romance is give-or-take, but the kids are absolutely adorable. :3: Gakuen Babysitters is way better in my opinion though.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I prefer the kids in Love so Life to Gakuen Babysitter because there's too many kids in the latter. I can't remember most of them by the time the new chapters finally come out.

The romance in Love so Life is hilariously bad though. Hey I'm a 27 year old man confessing to a 17 year old high school girl, giving you this super expensive ring, but so as not to be too creepy, please give me your answer in exactly 10 years.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i quit and rated love so life a 1 because of the horrible romance

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

arisu posted:

The romance in Love so Life is hilariously bad though. Hey I'm a 27 year old man confessing to a 17 year old high school girl, giving you this super expensive ring, but so as not to be too creepy, please give me your answer in exactly 10 years.

Woah that's pretty bad.

has anyone recommended Overlord yet, it is arguably a dad manga. or so the thread for it thinks

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The thread is retarded.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's probably stretching the dad manga definition a little too far.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

new manwha i found

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/santa-silyeong-r14801

its korean, so its starts with melodrama but after that its been nice enough. girl flees from an abusive household, an old man finds her and takes her in and she is welcomed into a new loving family. also, the old man is santa claus

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
A new chapter of Baby, Kokoro no Mama ni! came out, now there's a whole TWO chapters translated. :negative: I hope a new group has definitely picked it up and it's not just a one-off pity chapter.

Puku Okuyama draws the squashiest kids :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Another new chapter of Chichikogusa already, how is this happening :aaa:

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
I read half of Usagi Drop some years back. I stopped for no reason, but I decided to pick it up again after seeing this AMV at a convention over the summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBZoFS2AIv4

That ending was.... yeah... If the author was absolutely set on this ending, I would have been more comfortable with it if he had waited until she had graduated UNIVERSITY. Maybe make her go study somewhere far away though that would have been hard for Daikichi. Though, imo Daikichi would never have given in -- it's an adult's responsibility to turn down poo poo like this and especially a responsible guardian like him would not have been so accommodating to Rin's feelings. He's not Woody Allen goddamnit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nah, he is totally Woody Allen now.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

we said don't read it for a reason

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

Davincie posted:

Yeah but I didn't read it because of this thread, I just searched SA for "usagi drop" because I JUST finished it and was like "guys HOLY poo poo"

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
YOU did this to YOURSELF.

I raged pretty hard when I found out how the manga ended and I really enjoyed everything up to that drat time skip.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eh let's not do the Usagi Drop conversation again. I think everybody probably ends up with the same trauma and it feels good to share but

Davincie posted:

Unrelated to that:
I"m slowly reading Father & Son, taking my time because CR's manga updates are slow as Christmas and I don't want to run out too quickly. It's cute but the thing with the wife is a little too goofy. I had initially wondered if the gag was covering up her abandoning them, like there might be a kernel of tragedy in the joke but nope, she's just THAT lost.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Flat
Heisuke is a young man who was left in charge of taking care of his little cousin Aki for a day. Being an only child who usually stays at home alone, Aki is quiet, reserved, and will go out of his way not to make trouble for others. As they spend more time together, Aki begins to grow very attached to Heisuke, especially since Heisuke's hobby is to make sweets and desserts. The quiet Aki eventually opens up to Heisuke, and Heisuke in return teaches Aki that sometimes it's all right to be selfish and say what you really want to do.

I forgot I'd even followed this one and had never even read any of it, but noticed today a new chapter came out. It's more in the brotherly caretaker/older kid watches younger kid category but is worth a mention. Heisuke is amazingly dense and oblivious so a lot of the plot so far (I've only read the first volume at this time) has been around him saying or doing something thoughtlessly and then having to deal with the fallout, mostly to Aki but also to his friends at school. I think it improves as more of his family gets introduced as well; the scenes with Aki's parents at home with Aki are good stuff.

Seems this was a debut manga and the author only has one other (newer) series that's currently untranslated. This one is complete at 8 volumes but only half so far is translated. Nice that a new group picked it up and will hopefully continue it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

Flat
Heisuke is a young man who was left in charge of taking care of his little cousin Aki for a day. Being an only child who usually stays at home alone, Aki is quiet, reserved, and will go out of his way not to make trouble for others. As they spend more time together, Aki begins to grow very attached to Heisuke, especially since Heisuke's hobby is to make sweets and desserts. The quiet Aki eventually opens up to Heisuke, and Heisuke in return teaches Aki that sometimes it's all right to be selfish and say what you really want to do.

I forgot I'd even followed this one and had never even read any of it, but noticed today a new chapter came out. It's more in the brotherly caretaker/older kid watches younger kid category but is worth a mention. Heisuke is amazingly dense and oblivious so a lot of the plot so far (I've only read the first volume at this time) has been around him saying or doing something thoughtlessly and then having to deal with the fallout, mostly to Aki but also to his friends at school. I think it improves as more of his family gets introduced as well; the scenes with Aki's parents at home with Aki are good stuff.

Seems this was a debut manga and the author only has one other (newer) series that's currently untranslated. This one is complete at 8 volumes but only half so far is translated. Nice that a new group picked it up and will hopefully continue it.

Cool, I'll check it out. Dad enough for my tastes.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ah that reminds me, i used to see untranslated ads in other manga i read about this manga series about 3 older kids who all took care of their 3 younger siblings together. does anyone know what it is called? all i know is that there were 2 pairs of 3 kids

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
Late update, but I caught up with; Father and Son; and Sweetness and Lightning. The former is silly and adorable while the latter is informative in regards to cooking while being bittersweet whenever the mother is brought up.
I liked what both manga had to offer so I guess I'll check out Cooking Papa next.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

new chapter of yotsuba

http://imperialscans.com/read/yotsubato/88-2-yotsuba-black-monster/1

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

:( poor Yotsuba.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Run-in seiza is pretty cute. :3:

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Oh Professor, you'll bury us all!
Late to the thread, but I read Yome ga Kore na Monde today. It was pretty great, but it felt like it ended at the right time.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Most of Yandere Kanojo isn't really like this at all, but this chapter is a stand-alone story about a boy and his grandfather, and totally belongs here.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! a good dad series, or is it weird

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Looks like a weird one glancing at a plot summary.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Davincie posted:

is Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! a good dad series, or is it weird

Anime's watchable if you can stomach some fanservice and the plot point of one of the girls having a crush on the MC*. But just watchable, it's not very good.

*To be 100% fair: they're not that far in age (last year junior high and first year college respectively, so four years), and they're not related by blood (she's his sister's husband's daughter from a previous marriage), so there's no creepy Usagi Drop Manga poo poo going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You could have just said it's bad