Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

chumbler posted:

Sorry, Sweetness and Lightning dad has dethroned Yotsuba dad as top tier manga dad.

I find this highly unlikely, but am off to go read it myself to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

z0glin Warchief posted:

I find this highly unlikely, but am off to go read it myself to find out.

Trip report: Sweet and Lightning is good but it's not as funny or cute as Yotsuba. Maybe if you really like cooking manga?

Result: Yotsuba still #1

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Yeah I got some dad manga for you too:

Hotman is quite old but a very classic dad manga.

Kyouko to Tousan is a dad manga where the daughter is all grown up :sniff:

Sen to Man is another dad manga, except this time the daughter is a prickly teenager so it's a lot of them sniping at each other with varying degrees of affection.

Hirameki Hatsume-chan is about a dad, his daughter, and her crazy inventions.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Sen to Man's title always makes me think "Saint Man" -> "Saint Young Men"

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Maybe more of a mom manga than a dad manga, but Yoningurashi is pretty good. It's about a cute family of four by the author of Usagi Drop, but without any of the stuff that makes people not want to recommend Usagi Drop. It's finished too!

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

yeah can you post more like the alien one where its a couple and not a single dad

z0glin Warchief posted:

Maybe more of a mom manga than a dad manga, but Yoningurashi is pretty good. It's about a cute family of four by the author of Usagi Drop, but without any of the stuff that makes people not want to recommend Usagi Drop. It's finished too!

This one fits that bill I think. There is no alien though.

Leper Residue posted:

I just read through 145 chapters of Hotman, and now I'm kind of pissed that I'm never going to get any resolution to it.

:unsmigghh:

Actually I forgot it never got finished, I should see if I can find a copy of the last few volumes and get someone to edit/typeset for me.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I went and read the raws for the first volume and it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere weird. But then again neither did Usagi Drop so :shrug:.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

to be fair the manga is also really good, just stop at the time skip.

I read the manga first, but stopped shortly after that point and had no idea about the ending until the anime came out and people started talking about it.

not to drag this thread into usagi drop chat, but I'd really like to know why that happened; it seems like a huge aberration compared to all the rest of the author's stuff :smith:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

sounds reasonable enough, you've convinced me

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

arisu posted:

The romance in Love so Life is hilariously bad though. Hey I'm a 27 year old man confessing to a 17 year old high school girl, giving you this super expensive ring, but so as not to be too creepy, please give me your answer in exactly 10 years.

Woah that's pretty bad.

has anyone recommended Overlord yet, it is arguably a dad manga. or so the thread for it thinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Volume 3 of Sen to Man also just came out recently, so scans of that might start back up soon. Volume 3 is also the last volume too, apparently.