Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
New Sweetness and Lightning on Crunchyroll.

Will Tsumugi and Nagisa make up? Will it be cute? Is Inuzuka as cute as his daughter? The answer to at least one of those is yes. It's actually all of them.

Onean fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Two more Dad, Gorilla and I.

A Good Dad.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I checked it out on Meraki Scans' site first, because I do that for some groups, then went and checked my follows on Mangadex and saw it up there. Figured I'd pull it up to mark it as read and got a notification that the group has a delay policy and a note of when it'll be available.

It seems the death of Batoto has lead to the birth of a significantly better site. The mobile version alone is so good.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Cross-post from the surreal daily life thread, since I forgot to post it here too:

Onean posted:

A new Madoromi-chan and, uh, uh oh.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, could be fun.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Just wanted to vent and complain about the unfortunate tendency for these to go bad. :smith:

I had the manga for If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat A Demon Lord pop up on my Amazon recommended list (I've been re-reading Sweetness & Lightning on there, along with checking out some other fantasy/isekai stuff of varying quality), and after a brief Google search didn't see much so I gave it a go. It's about Dale, a young human hero-class adventurer, and Latina, his adopted devil daughter.

It was cute and fun, so I decided I'd try the LNs since I've been wanting a new series to read. The first two and a half books were great. Pretty well written and translated, avoiding a lot, though not all, of the "just describing an anime" style that's pretty common in LNs I've read, and it continued to be cute and fun. Then halfway through the third book we jump to the daughter being 14 and things slow down.

Dale does things I hate to see, played off for laughs, like refusing, repeatedly and with no reflection or growth so far, to accept that his kid's growing up, wanting to hide dangerous stuff to keep Latina happier longer and ignoring requests from the now-teenager to stop treating her like she's a little kid and bragging about her to everyone he works with. Then by the end of the third book it's fully twisted all of Latina's antics as a child that I was hoping wouldn't lead up to this, and does the dumb thing of the adopted daughter being romantically in love with her dad, though he doesn't currently feel anything close to that for her. That changes according to the marketing summaries on future books, unfortunately.

I might keep reading, though the fourth book is going to have to be pretty strong to keep me for long. There's some interesting stuff going on otherwise (Demon Lords, and the fighting of them as in the title, and a pretty strong hint that Latina's Mom is alive, under a nasty contract that keeps Latina safe), and the potential relationship isn't the worst (they're merely 10 years apart with Dale being 18 when he found the 8 year old Latina, Dale hasn't thought of Latina's as anything other than his daughter so far, and while devils live for hundreds of years their childhood lasts about as long as a human child's). I'm probably just going to drop it, though

I just wanted a cute new series to read. :smith:

Onean fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 5, 2018

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, that's pretty much the plan.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So about a month per chapter, alright. I'm happy it's getting translated, it's fun so far. :3:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
This is adorable. I can't wait to see him keep going through these ridiculous situations and shrug it off to go be adorable with his kids. :allears:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The translation seemed fine; competent with almost no typos, good grammar and there's no confusing word bubbles that suddenly don't make any sense. It does start with "My father and mentor..." as the first line, and when talking about training in the first chapter he does talk about his father being his teacher. That's kind of changed a little; when he was asked about his school he only thinks teacher and not father.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm happy Seohyun didn't listen to his poo poo and just kept up with it. :3:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Poor Guild Master. If only his problems weren't half his own fault.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Everything Burrito posted:

extremely good mom

Wow, agreed. Dad needs some work though.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It hasn't really come up here, but the Teasing Master Takagi-san follow-up has always been cute, but this page in particular is really good.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Nah. All you need to know is the really surface stuff. Nishikata and Takagi genuinely love each other, but Takagi likes to tease Nishikata who falls for it really easily, usually because he tries to turn it around on her only for it to backfire. The only plot point from the original that matters is that Nishikata started doing extra exercising whenever he fell for a prank as a kid, and while he stopped doing that specifically he did keep up doing extra exercise in general so he's very fit. There are some appearances from other classmates that you might not immediately get, but they're uncommon and there's no overarching plot that requires you to know who they are.

It is similar in that Nishikata gets teased by Takagi almost every chapter, and he still usually fails to get Takagi, so if that was a part of why you bounced off the main set it's still in this one. However, their daughter Chi gets teased by both of them nearly as much and that might help. Another part that might help is that they're very much not antagonistic pranks, much more along the lines of the light-hearted teasing of a very close family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I believe A Sugar Sweet Dad and a Salty Sour Daughter popped up here before, but that was before it was dropped. About a month ago it was picked up by a different group and they've been putting out some steady releases since. The quality isn't the best, but it is readable.

quote:

This charming new manga follows the father and daughter of the Sugisaki household, with its vain, gorgeous, and very doting father, and his equally stylish, cool, but far drier daughter - but can two different generations of shoujo main characters inhabit the same house?
From the first chapter: