Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Sweetness and Lightning is cool and good but it isn't Cooking Papa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Everything Burrito posted:

Latest Release(s)
v.2 c.16 by Bartley Scanlations (575d ago)

:(
It's a shame. I may be wrong but was the translator a goon? Might be mixing it up with the guy who translated Bambino.

Some of the recipes in Cooking Papa are pretty funny/old school. I remember one of the chapters stipulating that the roast chicken should be cooked at 300C. Probably a typo.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Mate, I don't bother allowing notifications because I know I can rely on you

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

From Oyaji, the manliest dad manga.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hey Dad thread. New fantasy dad manga about a forest golem raising a human. I'm a chapter in and it looks pretty promising.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/somali-to-mori-no-kami-sama-r17782
It's really good. The world-building is super interesting and the art is great.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Haha, it's so good.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Awesome

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yay. Just a shame that my boyfriend, the Section Chief, didn't make an appearance.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm sad it's done, but it was a good ending.

There's a fluffy hole in my reading list now.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I really like Peerless Dad. The art is great and there's a vibrancy to the characters and setting. It makes me wonder if I'm missing out on other good manwha through ignorance.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

I read a bunch but they're all BL for the most part. There was a webtoon thread floating around, you might dig it up and check out some of the ones folks were reading in there; they leaned toward action, shonen-y stuff for the most part.

If you have any specific interest, genre-wise, I might be able to rec something. The way I find new ones to read is just checking out whatever people are translating and if the art looks nice I read a few chapters so there is always that method.
Yeah I tend to prefer grounded-yet-heartwarming stories most of the time. Peerless Dad is more shounen than I'd normally read. I don't have a specific interest in BL, but I like romance in general, so I'd probably check out anything you think is particularly good.

Zero_Tactility posted:

I really like Like a Butterfly
It's about an older man who decides to take up ballet. It's sweet and occasionally heartbreaking.
Coincidentally for the thread, he's a dad (dad manhwa thread), but all his kids are adults.
This looks cool.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I will check it out.

Grandad ballet manga is extremely good by the way.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The moody art in this arc has been great. Especially love the way hits are drawn.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

There's been several Peerless Dad updates this week; some of the pieces are coming together a bit on the larger plot. Still kind of confusing trying to remember who all belongs to what faction and what all the factions mean. I keep thinking if I ever get really bored I might go back through and try to piece together some sort of relationship chart but :effort:

I want the girl pretending to be a dude to make a reappearance.

Interesting if the old twins are the real deal though.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yay, Jeon-Myo is back. I definitely prefer the mundane subplots to the Murim intrigue.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
At first I thought Berserk was a dumb pick, but then I remembered that's what the manga has been about for the last 10 years, really.

I've been reading SPY X FAMILY, which I just noticed there's already a thread for. Only a few chapters in so the 'family' part of the title hasn't really kicked in yet, but I love the world building.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That was a cute chapter. I'm rooting for Jeon!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm just mad the underworld stuff is sidelining the love story.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That was loving hilarious

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I mainly lurk but I've had so many great recommendations from you and other posters on here and I always appreciate the effort people make in writing them up.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I loved the gross metal dude's design. It's not often you get someone looking like that in a manwa...now I wanna find one with a protagonist that ugly.

I'm ready for this arc to be over because I'm much more interested in the romance, though.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Mangadex seems to be way behind on Peerless Dad. What's the best place to read it now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

it's licensed so I just swapped over to the official release on Tapas which is why I'm re-reading. idk where scans are getting posted now.

Oh cool, I might subscribe when it catches up a bit. I still think Peerless Dad is a better title...