Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Leper Residue posted:

I'm gonna fall into a diabetic coma after I finish reading Gakuen Babysitters, jesus.

edit: Or I'll dehydrate.

This is a good manga. I'm sad that updates seem to have stopped, though. :(

For more single dad manga that'll make you cry, My Girl (listed in the OP) is another good bet. It's by the same author of Tetsugaku Letra as well!

e: also if it's okay to include manhwa on the list, The Children's Teacher Mr. Kwon is about a yakuza becoming an elementary school teacher out in the rural countryside. Batoto stopped carrying it, but you can probably find it on kissmanga or other sites.

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Davincie posted:

gakuen gets regular updates on batoto, but you gotta be quick because anything that isn't like the last 5 chapters gets deleted by copyright lawyers or whatever

ugh. I guess I'll just check on kissmanga for all the chapters then, thanks!

Everything Burrito posted:

Seemed like it was almost over as of the last update I read but it's been a while since the last one. I'm worried about Mr. Kwon. I think the dog was going to be OK though.

Apparently the comic ended on Naver awhile ago, but nobody's gone and translated the rest. Mr. Kwon :smith: and yeah, I hope the dog is okay. Those last couple of chapters were rough.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Leper Residue posted:

If you want more adorableness, try Love so Life, which also has babies armed with WMD levels of cuteness.

The romance is give-or-take, but the kids are absolutely adorable. :3: Gakuen Babysitters is way better in my opinion though.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
This isn't exactly about dad manga, but since there's no single-parent manga thread...

Tenohira Size is a manga about a divorced mom and her three children (a baby, a second-grader, and a fifth? grader specifically). It's very bittersweet and brutally familiar if you have any experience growing up in a separated family at all.

The newest chapter in particular perfectly captures that feeling of a kid just wanting to see their parent :( but the dad just never comes to visit since he's too preoccupied with the other family.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Speaking of mom manga, Tenohira Size ended awhile ago. I liked it!

It helped that it wasn't that long. The story ended up focusing a lot more on the eldest daughter though, not necessarily the mom by herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Mulderman posted:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100056

Spy X Family counts right?
It's the best!

Thanks for the reminder to make a Spy x Family thread! Had some free time, so link's here.