Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
Did Otaku no Musume-san get mentioned?

quote:

Summary:
Kanau Yukimura is nine years old and she's meeting her father for the first time. However, he turns out to be an otaku! The two of them start living together in the same apartment, next to a lot of interesting neighbors. Unsurprisingly, things don't always go smoothly for these two...
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Otaku-no-Musume-san

The summary appears to imply its about the daughter or her perspective, but I always felt it was well balanced between kanau and kouta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Relin posted:

I can't really pinpoint the time it became terrible, but otaku no musume started off really strong and funny and just became absolute poo poo. I think it may have been the reveal that the highschool landlord was married to the 50+ year old mangaka that signaled the downward spiral
Weird. I never really had an issue with it and further past that is when some good things happen.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

Now I know you are lying, because nothing good ever happened in that manga.
I'd say quite a lot of good happened.
Kanau getting sick because of kouta not taking his fatherly duties seriously and was a big shock that made him get his poo poo together.

Hell, later he turns down probably the only character he's suited for romantically to go get his kid back and by the end of things, even his ex seems to have evened out somewhat.

Honestly my biggest issue is that the post series content either didn't come out or didn't get translated.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I wish whatever changed her happened on panel. I'd have liked to see that unfold. Seeing characters' inner struggles interests me.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Yeah, that was pretty dumb. If it wasn't played off like a complete joke it'd have ruined it for me.