Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fuckin exchange rate is bogus and pushes a $30 set to $45 nzd ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
believe it or notim in damage control mode. i had exces boards but without caps so i need caps to make them sellable. i need stabolisers to make the caps work on the large keys

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the black/black is pretty slick looking yeah

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i guess mass drop is doing the code kb. i had gotten one off of amazon before but the space bar sounded like poo poo so i returned it. i type all day and don't have a mechanical kb but i haven't found one i really like

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i wouldnt recomend a clears for all day typinf. what have you tried

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

wow that keyboard is this. looks fuckin sick

drat...............

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
OP I type on a touchscreen exclusively

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
http://www.datamancer.com/cart/datamancer-typewriter-keys-p-276.html

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
This is what I call a keyboard:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
This one used to belong to my friend:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SnowblindFatal posted:

take this pos to the rubber dome keyboard thread fucker

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i like my ibm model m but it's very loud so i'm thinking of a model F and a converter.

pros: capacitive switches feel better, not as loud
cons: no arrow keys + weird layout??

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i`ve also got a northgate omnikey ultra which is Owns because it has a lot of keys. Also a bunch of apple extended keyboards II which is Fail because they don't work on modern computer.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Smythe posted:

take this pos to the rubber dome keyboard thread fucker

Lol like either of those are mechanical :D

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
But I wonder, the mid 90s rubber dome keyboards were waaaay ahead of the ones we have today. Why I'm rocking one as we speak. PS/2 all the way.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
i have a 1999 model m keyboard made in the uk. the led's dont work anymore but idgaf my needs are suited.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i pulled my model m out of a dumpster at the maker faire in 2007

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i'm not even making that up. it took me until like 2013 to buy an SDL cable for it tho

i also have a pair of HHKB Lite 2s, which look like the really expensive happy hacking keyboards but are secretly rubber dome (tho they are really nice rubber dome and are good bc they are quiet)

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SnowblindFatal posted:

if stains could talk

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

pram posted:

it doesnt surprise me a bunch of contrarian goons are salty about it, heh. this keyset is majorly popular on the mechanical keyboards subreddit. a website that is more popular and relevant than sa, i might add?

dolche keycaps best keycaps.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

pram posted:

if stains could talk

imo the funniest part is that he obviously had kept on using it despite it being filthy. That spacebar is almost shiny!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Stick Insect posted:

I like them but mostly because I like the colour beige.

that 90s beige always looked like it was nicotine stained

i'm really more of a taupe guy myself

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

pram posted:

wow that keyboard is this. looks fuckin sick

geek hack

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dolche bag

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

atomicthumbs posted:

i`ve also got a northgate omnikey ultra which is Owns because it has a lot of keys. Also a bunch of apple extended keyboards II which is Fail because they don't work on modern computer.

yes they do you nub, just get this http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=griffin+imate

ADB forever

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

error1 posted:

yes they do you nub, just get this http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=griffin+imate

ADB forever

oh i've already got a couple of those i forgot about

there's also something you can do with a Teensy I think?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
are apple e2 boards alps switches? I've got a knock off model f with alps

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

what is this?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a keyboard

i think its browns

a KUL 87

a dolche or something DSA keycap set

what are you asking about

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

As a Millennial I posted:

anyway, my keycaps are whatever keycaps are in an apple extended ii from 1990.

the best keycaps

mine is still working just fine, 25 years on

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

a keyboard

i think its browns

a KUL 87

a dolche or something DSA keycap set

what are you asking about

what ekyboard is that and where can i buy it

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

triple sulk posted:

i guess mass drop is doing the code kb. i had gotten one off of amazon before but the space bar sounded like poo poo so i returned it. i type all day and don't have a mechanical kb but i haven't found one i really like

acquire an apple extended keyboard ii.

one of us.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

Arduino Leonardo and a connector and some software will fix that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

what ekyboard is that and where can i buy it

well you can't just buy that keyboard. those are a custom set of key caps pram ordered like a year ago and took all that time to be crafted by hand and delivered by child slave to his home in texas

because the demand for keycaps is so low internationally, you usually can't just buy them, you have to wait for a group buy. i am waiting myself for a decent set of DSA profile caps

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

well you can't just buy that keyboard. those are a custom set of key caps pram ordered like a year ago and took all that time to be crafted by hand and delivered by child slave to his home in texas

because the demand for keycaps is so low internationally, you usually can't just buy them, you have to wait for a group buy. i am waiting myself for a decent set of DSA profile caps

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hey prammy boy

the colours are dorky... BUT https://www.massdrop.com/vote/carbon-keyset-sa-profile

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is this SA profile

drat i see why you want them. now im torn

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

:jackbud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

those are some big, pronounced and perky keys. want them under my fingertips. thinking maybe brown or even blue switches? i don't even know how do they come stock?

• Locked thread