Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

hes right though blues do suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

pram posted:

nope get out

clear/brown supremacy

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

its one thing to have a preference for a switch type, hell, we all do. thats why cherry makes different switches

but hating on another brother for their switch choice? thats hosed up man

whoops didn't notice his second clause

yeah gently caress that guy you can hate the game but never hate the playa

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

ive got the black vortex pbt backlit ones

i am disapoint

like that caps lock key. what the gently caress? and the num row only has the &^% lit up? and the shapes are not sharp at all but blurry.

i have doubleshot abs on this board and the legends are crisp as gently caress mate. its possible but vortex hosed up.

i mean dont get me wrong, nice keys and all. i have them on my garage keyboard so in dim lithg its help. still

i feel your pain my friend

i have the same setup and i cry every time i look at it since its my main board

pbt sure feels nice tho and im too lazy to swap back on the stock caps

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Fayez Butts posted:

aren't clears just mildly quieter blues?

clears are stiffer browns

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

sounds fecal

:greenangel:

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

nice lemming

aww thanks

i like your french al franken

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I think it's time to come to reality.. i prefer clears to blues :smith: I know I am turning my back on everything I have ever said... but I need to be honest with myself.. clears are a joy.. therrte quiet because you dont bottom out.. and I type well.. blues are very there.. you know you're typing but the reality is that I type better on these... drat...

welcome brother

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

yeah claers are the way to go if you want good feel and quiet

and if you have a soul

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I like my CODE keyboard with clears and PBT caps. I can't believe mother fuckers are still coming in this thread asking the same god drat questions time after time. Get a CODE with clears and get PBT caps.

echi speaking goddamn absolute truth here

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

triple sulk posted:

i love my wasd code kb w/clears and pbt caps

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Dodoman posted:

comparatively subtle design on both, the media keys on the das

also both are blues

i'll check out a code, but if they have no media keys i'm back to square one *insert coldplay song*

code doesnt have dedicated media keys but maps the those signals to fn+(keys in pgup/pgdwn) cluster

its real good

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Cocoa Crispies posted:

my last two cars, both manual, have had cruise control

as does my current manual car

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

prepare to vom

pretty typical red switch owner I imagine

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Skim Milk posted:

wasd v2
cherry mx clear
pbt caps
numpad optional

CODE also acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

i gotta da code and i got aftermarket pbt doubleshots to take advnatage of the backlighting.the legends arent always in the right places so during day its not as good lookiing as the wasd pbt but its backlit which has beneft

same on all counts and it's like heaven on earth

saw a set of pbt backlit keycaps where the numbers were next to the symbols so the backlghit shone through both but it was out of stock and anyway I'm not sure how close to the sun I really want to fly, you know?

• Locked thread