Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

buy her an account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i just started looking at massdrop due to this thread and i have to say expressing the prices of the accessories as (base price) - difference in price is stupid as hell. cool looking set though

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

whats a good base keyboard for to install fancy keycaps on? something with blue switches, not backlit, not too expensive

and with a numpad

Jenny Agutter fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 11, 2015

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

how else am i supposed to play dwarf fortress bruh

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i want the das with the big volume knob. love me a big physical volume knob. are there any other mechanical keyboards with volume knobs?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

not that we know of but word is that DAS starting skimping on quality in the 4th gen, they aren't cherry switches for example

i thought that was only the 4c and the big boy boards still used cherry. thats what it says on the product page at least

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

that G looks a little weird, but good to see theyre finally getting made

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i got my first mechanical keyboard. it feels really nice and its loud as hell

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Smythe posted:

the cherry switches in the hori stick made me think: what if you replaced all the keyboard buttons with fight stick buttons?

seems like that owuld lead to a very large keyboard. need big hands to wrangle that monster

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

my new dumb keyboard has lights only behind wasd and the arrow keys. gamerzzz. i keep them off

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

im not sure that would help the kind of person who can't touch type tbh

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

massdrop has an aluminum keyboard right now you can get with any type of cherry switch if youre willing to drop $200+

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

gently caress 90s beige forever. that poo poo never looked good

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i got my das keyboard 4 yesterday and it has a really really good volume knob. one of the best knobs ive felt. if you like volume knobs on your keyboard this is the one to get

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

I prefer a separate volume knob off to the side. the bigger the better

what knob you usin?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

griffin powermate

don't have the same problem as duckfarts?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the das keyboard 4 has the best volume control. its extremely clicky and solid and it has a ~chamfered edge~ for you iphone small fetishists

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

:jackbud:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Power Ambient posted:

agreed. besides aeron what are the best office chairs to type on a sick rear end keyb?

i have this herman miller knock-off that is deece but i think i need something like an aeron knock off

get something from a office furniture liquidation place. sit in it in the store and decide which one you want. make sure it has every adjustment possible. i got a steelcase leap this way, its a great chair

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

Not only does the action of the beam spring provide a tactile pop that pushes against your finger on the upstroke... but the shape of the spring means that the key vibrates when it actuates, and you can feel it ringing under your finger.

is the joke that i can only read this in patrick bateman's voice?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Shaggar posted:

I want some clears but I've never seen them on a good keyboard

massdrop had das keyboard 4 pro with clears a while back, I'm sure they'll do it again sometime

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

has anyone here ever put a nice SA profile key set on a das keyboard? I've got an old model S with blues that is perfectly functional but i've had it so long i've glossed literally every key on the thing and worn off half the legends. It's so bad my fingers actually slip causing typos sometimes

it's like that one but without the FN key. I wonder if a nice set of PBT SA keys would look cool or just clash with the bezel

guide me, keyboard nerds

the contrast between the grey keys and the black frame didn't show up well in the pictures tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

glad you all like my keeb

• Locked thread