Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

what is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

a keyboard

i think its browns

a KUL 87

a dolche or something DSA keycap set

what are you asking about

what ekyboard is that and where can i buy it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

well you can't just buy that keyboard. those are a custom set of key caps pram ordered like a year ago and took all that time to be crafted by hand and delivered by child slave to his home in texas

because the demand for keycaps is so low internationally, you usually can't just buy them, you have to wait for a group buy. i am waiting myself for a decent set of DSA profile caps

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

:jackbud:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

those are some big, pronounced and perky keys. want them under my fingertips. thinking maybe brown or even blue switches? i don't even know how do they come stock?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

im not in a position to watch a vid right now.. someone give me the low down

"Cherry MX Silent"

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echipnis how many boards/key sets are you up to now. post your best baord atm

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

everything in this picture is dumb as heeelll

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Smythe posted:

why are these pokers being posted about so much? i got a 10keyless filco majestouch with some cherry blues. problem?

i cannot live without a 10key

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i would wither into a husk of a man, impotent, shy, and small, were i forced to type slow forced digits along the top row, instead of nimbly punching them into my trusty 10key

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

cc number? sure *nimbly taps out cc sequence on 10key in milliseconds*

(lumbering oaf on trim "stylish" keyboard) tap....tap...tap......tap..tap.........tap...etc.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

SavageMessiah posted:

anybody ever used one of these fuckin things? https://www.trulyergonomic.com/store/index.php

they look interesting but I'm not sure I want to drop $250 on something that different blind

that looks pretty terrible imho

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

as a POS computer clears would be perfect

why? are they more quiet than other colors?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i think this is the one for me

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

monumentally clackier

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

it's the keybaors of my dreams

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

what a big dump of poo poo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

:bsdsnype:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

mini van

mega fun

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

lol i was looking on massdrop and i guess during one of my late night benders i got in on the unicomp classic buckler baors. here we go!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

nice
I guess

it comes with a numpad so worst comes to worst it's my first mech keyboard in 16 years or so and i'm looking forward to it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

reddit liker posted:

this is mine right now

cm quickfire rapid-i w/ mx blues + vortex backlit pbt doubleshot keycaps :dance:

thats a nice looking board. shame about the crippling lack of a tenkey though

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

PuTTY riot posted:

yeah. *spits out chew on ground* ur thread.

and ur posting

*loosens kb holster; glances around uneasily*

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

testing my new keyboard. it's weird. nice, but weird feeling. it makes funny noises now. idk

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

so i got this one

unicomp ultra classic
it's supposed to be like Model M. i have no idea if that's the case, but it's very clicky and i am liking it a lot. also it was on massdrop and somehow i got it like 3 weeks earlier than they said it would ship. i'm a huge keyboard newb so i can't compare it to much, but it's 9000 times better than the old factory mush kb i had

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Mercurius posted:

unicomp licenses the production rights to the model m from ibm so yeah, it should feel pretty much the same. i had a unicomp spacesaver m which was awesome but my sister liked it a lot so i let her take it with her when she moved back to sydney since everyone should have a mechanical keyboard and she was hurting for cash at the time

i'd def recommend this kb. it has a nice firm press, and when you come up there's a satisfying, metallic click that happens. that said, i'm a keybaors n00b who hasn't ever touched a clear, or a green, or even a blue, so this review means basically nothing. ymmv

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

5 of the keys on the unicomp ultra pro classic fuckboard i got off massdrop less than a year ago don't work any more. this is bullshit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

I as just thinking about keybairds and I thouightr, gently caress I nee ddot ype on a bard, and haty better [palce to type on a baord than inthix hear thiread. I know I am making heaps of mistaksd but I am intoxicated an enjoying this

echi recomend me a kb. i'm just going to straight up buy it right now if it's a sincere rec. its 2am friday morning and idgaf my backup board is a mush POS

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

WASD V2 104-Key Doubleshot PBT Black/Slate Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX Clears en route

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

jesus mate that was a good choice. did you customise the colours? that is virtually what I am rocking here and this board is the father cucking poo poo

nah. i kind of wanted to but if you get the custom color one the keys are just ABS. the black/slate version comes with the doubleshot PBT. oh well.

cucking

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

aw dang mate that's sucks. i sincerely wish you the best in your type experience. congrats on the job tho

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

my new keybaors is supposed to be here tomorrow :pray:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

aw hell yeah pimp

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

pram posted:

gross 10 key. gas. ban

i like typing my numerals at supersonic speed. also i could have gotten the 105 keyboars, but i went with the slim and trim 104 key instead (idk what the 105th key is)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

oh it means ISO. well screw that anyway

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

that looks like a lot more trouble than it's worth

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

when i first hooked it up, i was having a hard time figuring out what was so great about it. the buckling spring board felt more satisfying with the resistance and clackiness. but after an evening of typing i'm sold. the keys have a grippy feel to them and the keypresses are assertive but forgivign. where the spring board was like a powerful B17 flying fortress, this one is much more on the level of a sleek SR-71 blackbird or stealth bomber

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

b h m posted:

Mwah! *kissing fingertips* It's perfect.

enjoy the newline every time you try to type a semicolon, idiot

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

or perhaps never let this thread die, in memorium

:agreed:

Silver Alicorn posted:

pbt is the good poo poo

can confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i have a WASD clears w/ doubleshot pbt caps that my mate echi recommended me and i don't think i'll ever need another keybaor again. it even has a red esc key for that extra little "something"

• Locked thread