Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bloody posted:

what sort of clown uses the track pad when a nipple is available

i switched from a thinkpad to a dell and the dell nipple sucks rear end for whatever reason. i think there's some built in fucky acceleration and the thumb buttons aren't contoured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this seems disingenuous

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pr0zac posted:

it also claims to have "standard sized keys" despite the spacebar being split, the right shift being short and every special key on the bottom row being a weird non-standard size

replacing the keycaps would be a huge pita

the picture they show says the spaces, right control, and right shift are different. not including anything that's labeled different though

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Shaggar posted:

that's relative to wasd so its legit in that respect, but wasd is also for scrubs

if they are expecting you to just have the other half of the keyboard somewhere off in the distance then why didnt they show the razer thing, and if they don't then there's another half of a keyboard on the other side of the mouse that you probably bang into if you need feet of space to swing your mouse around

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i remember trying to circle strafe in tribes with the arrow keys when i was like 14

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

1. left handed vim keys
2. esdf
3. wasd
4. arrow keys

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

eschaton posted:

why don't fps gamers use modal vi keyboard commands since advocates say they're so much more efficient

some shooters make you sheathe your weapon to talk to npcs

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ator posted:

thinking abt wasting some money on a new keyboard too

currently using a filthy logitech elite from 2002

i want a kinda-quiet mechanical keyboard that will hopefully help my typing be less sloppy

CODE v2 104 w/ clear looks cool
and Das Keyboard S with Brown looks cool

all these are loud though
i dont want a mechanical keyboard do i

type heaven

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i was going to say the novatouch but i guess it's been discontinued with no replacement

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ill grip my hog when things get intense, or even the opposite of intense

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this looks bad because like 3/4ths of the keycap you dont look at and they have this big continuous pattern so it just looks like random poo poo from the top

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

topre or type heaven

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

How much could i get for popping the keycaps off an old WYSE board Ive got under my desk? Is there a black market for these things

pop a key off and flip it over. if there's more than one color of plastic then its worth something. maybe.

also in that vein, having different angles for each row of keys, plus different dies for each key adds up if you are doing doubleshot keys

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

that's the same price as a x keys thing so it sounds like a good deal

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

well, good deal in the sense that it's still not something i want to spend $150 on

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i skimmed a youtube review and they press down but you couldnt hear them click on the guys mic. sort of makes sense since they're targeting the streamer market although those guys havent all figured out hearing your keyboard is a bad thing

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

surebet posted:

yeah i'm wondering myself

the original art lebedev optimus maximus design was to literally mount tiny lcds in each key, which were overlayed on... domes? i'm not even sure. the popularis ditched the novel but obviously complicated tiny lcds by having a single, big touch sensitive display on the back with keys mounted on maybe leaf springs?

whatever it is, expect super short travel & near zero actuation force. for all intents and purposes this is a touch screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p8Rc1uTmHY

2:40

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

not sure how you can emulate topre switches with cheap chinese plastic and regular rear end leaf springs

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Type heaven

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

3d printing is retarded

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i dont want my finger cheese being grated off into my keyboard

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

JewKiller 3000 posted:

why do people keep posting keycap sets without saying if they are pbt or not

because the people that buy awesome face keycaps are more likely to care about the meme on the front

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

has anyone played around with the new realforce? programmable actuation depth

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

also $200 so i think that's the cheapest realforce branded keyboard

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Rooney McNibnug posted:

If I wanted to buy a mechanical keyboard with cherry keys (black, preferred) for office use on a tight budget, what should I be looking at these days?

probably rosewill

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if they have all those keycaps for ppl who listen to vaporwave cloud rap, why isnt there any for airhorn and drum sample enthusiests

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

nice dollar store knockoff homestuck mousepad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think i have the non acidic hand goop gene

• Locked thread