Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

o poo poo somehow i didn't notice this :barf:

iirc quickfires have weird key sizes and won't look/feel as nice if you try to swap it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

jony neuemonic posted:

i want to try a topre board but i don't know how much resistance to go for and that's a pretty expensive guessing game.

45g is pretty much standard. Most come standard 45g. Moving from blues to topre was easy and feels good. Would like to try 55g though.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

epipen posted:

the marketing is real dumb, it's mostly for modified keyboards, or diy/whatever. usually the stabiliser wires and stuff are already lubricated when you buy a keyboard, otherwise they tent to stick in weird places and feel kinda unpleasant. some folks lubricate the inside of mechanical switches as well - it can help if a switch is lovely and sticks funny - i have a left arrow where the switch must be defective cos it sticks halfway through its travel.

other than that, the grease just attracts dust and gunks stuff up, don't use it if you can avoid it lol

that's why you need a limited artisan diy dust cover

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

epipen posted:

lmao
i mean, having a padded bag or w/e for carrying your keyboard around if you're travelling is good, my last one got busted during a move cos i kinda just chucked it in the back of the car, i really dont get the appeal otherwise

a friend recently bought a gateron board and feels they're better than cherry, plunger moves more smoothly apparently

if you're gonna drop some dosh on a serious KB than you might as well go all out

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

mad.radhu posted:

I want to try Topre switches before I'm even tempted to spend three hundred united states american dollars on a keyboard

i like topre.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

lol to anyone who shits on topre and hasn't spent a week or two on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

there's apparently an analog keyboard coming out

at least some of the keys have continuous sensing as they travel and can interface with games like a controller?

the demo video had someone moving very slowly in overwatch by lightly touching the key

i'd like one of those but only the left-hand half of the keyboard because i already have a good board

i hope it's steam punk themed

• Locked thread