Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i guess mass drop is doing the code kb. i had gotten one off of amazon before but the space bar sounded like poo poo so i returned it. i type all day and don't have a mechanical kb but i haven't found one i really like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/topre-realforce-87u

this looks pretty nice

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mkc-87-full-metal-keyboard

:captainpop:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i've only vaguely heard about topre before by name. for $215 it's hella pricy but very tempting. the other one looks really great too.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

echinopsis posted:

how much is that metal keybaors the massdrop site requires a login lame and I can't rmeber deets here on my phone

$200

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i guess elite keyboards sells this version of that toupee one too. on my phone but it's white and gray

https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rftenkeyless&pid=rf_se08t0

idk what to get

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

no pingy noise like the code made from the space bar. preferably red/clears as they're quieter. blues are too loud and actuate too easily. i write code and type all day so comfort is a must. right now i use the apple wireless for my rmbp and the comfort curve 2000 or whatever with my desktop machine.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

echinopsis posted:

if they are mx switches then new key caps are easy to get and supply huge amounts of pleasure

i love pleasure

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Note: At check-out, you have your choice of Cherry MX switches in Red, Blue, Brown, Green, Clear, or Black, Gateron switches Black, Red, Brown, Blue, Yellow, or Clear switches as well as your choice of Orange, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, and Green LED backlighting. You also have your choice of case color in either Black, Green, Grey, Silver, Blue, or Red.

white with red backlighting would be fully sick

or are they telling me that i can get a black aluminum kb frame cause holy poo poo that with black or white keys

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

http://www.pcwaishe.cn/thread-459804-1-1.html

this page supposedly has it in the different colors including black

:chanpop:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

the Poker keyboard people were gushing bout in this thread is on sale on massdrop
https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-poker-iii-compact-keyboard

i need some neat keycaps for my KB but i don't want to spend the crazy $$$ on those ones pram has

this looks fully sick in white... i kinda want it. is this going to be a non-pos?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1232

mk has that keyboard to ship in a week and a half for not much diff a price than massdrop. are pok3r kbs really good or something? i just want a tkl with not loud as gently caress keys so probably reds. pbt keys are nice cause i hate when normal ones get shiny super quick.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mad.radhu posted:

why would you buy a keyboard in white, it's just going to turn brown

isn't that the point of the pbt caps

unless you're talking about the kb being covered in my posting

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mad.radhu posted:

i'm talking about how your disgusting dirty fingers will quickly turn the keycaps brown and dirty

they're actually not dirty at all, op

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:eyepop:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i might buy the poker 3 on mk, not sure if i wanna get it in black and have it sooner or white and wait a week or so. i kinda like both. probably brown switches though.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

idk whether to get the white or dark grey poker 3

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mad.radhu posted:

you get grey because the white one is just going to turn brown after your dirty fingers dance on it for a month

u rly assume my fingers are dirty that's not v nice

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mad.radhu posted:

Tell me i'm wrong

sadly, you are

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lone_Strider posted:

I just noticed mechanicalkeyboards.com have pok3rs in stock so I canceled my massdrop order. I'll pay $20 not to have to wait 2 months for a new keyboard

amazon have them through fulfill as well. what one did you get

the only thing that i'm kinda turned off about w/r/t the poker and 60% kbs in general is that they're probably oriented towards the kind of people who use vim and think that they constantly write code at 80+wpm. i don't do either of those.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i have a keyboard coming 2day

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

my kb is not here yet im fuckin throbbing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

BONGHITZ posted:

same

same

is it a joker 3 or whatever from amazan?

it is

mad.radhu posted:

did your kb arrive yet

it hasnt

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

why do u need leds if u can touchtype

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's here

i'm not sure if i like it yet

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

they have them at the nearby microcenter but they're not wireless and i'm realizing how much i loving hate wires

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

clears are loving loud

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao at your loving freak hands

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

surebet posted:

being tall sucks for a couple reasons like shopping for shoes and clothes, but you won't shame my freak hands :colbert:

on the topic of freaky things, rekey this and it's kinda hot, an extensible numpad with plenty of space for custom mapping

e: https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=72mshdu45hi092b0s9hjhmfog6n1pg4m&topic=43183.0

ahahahah look @ this

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

yes! yes!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

not sure how i feel about that kb. dont really like it tho

so u actually do know how u feel??

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

im still ruminating on this feel

lots of feels going on in this thread

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's probably that metal one that was on massdrop with different keys

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

found someone selling a brand new keycool for 40 bux that i might pick up

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fayez Butts posted:

I have a keycool, just note that they use offbrand non-cherry switches. The blue equivalent feels pretty similar but definitely not quite as nice.

yeah but for 40 bucks brand new I don't care too much

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ayyyy lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pram posted:

:mmmhmm:

oh man that font

it's horrible, I don't know which exact one this is but it types fine otherwise. just need some better caps

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what are some keycaps I should buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's a keycool with blue caps and from what I can tell just about any cherry mx cap will work on kailh caps. there are some vortex caps on amazon but idk

• Locked thread