Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

keyboard pro-tip: if you spill a thing in your keyboard you can use rubbing alcohol (91-99%) to displcae remaining water and clean the contacts before letting it all dry out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the dreamcast keyboard is fuckin solid

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

is there a reaosn for teh blue led hate or what. cos liek my pc is emitting quite a bit of blu led action already anyway

afaik higher power consumption and more harsh on the eyes

also probably some backlash still from when they first became commerically viable and you couldn't take a poo poo withou tsomebody puttin ga blue led in it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

do you people not remember when blue leds first hit the market

goddamn children

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

idk if i can agree until i get to try one out. i touch-type, but i don't do it all proper-like so i don't know if that thing would speed me up or slow me down.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

to be honest i want a system that can pick up thoughts through sub-vocalizations

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i'm the 19 that looks like a 39 because of the hosed up font

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i'm not those other ones that you listed.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

can you imagine those poor souls that haven't dropped hundreds of dollars on they input devices

shame

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

i'm currently using some rosewill branded thing from newegg with cherry mx browns

it has a key combo for turning off the start button, so it might suit your needs

rosewill is their house brand.

their stuff is actually pretty good. they're trying to expand to other retailers iir.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

MrMoo posted:

Why does Rosewill make such odd stuff like Rice Cookers and blankets and things?

they probably design some of their products and license others as generic designs that they then brand

i looked up one of the rice cookers and it definitely looks like the sort of thing you'd find in an asian maret with some random no-name brand

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also if you want to buy a rice cooker look into the zojirushi line. those cookers are, as the japanese say, "soy excellento"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Blinkz0rz posted:

make rice like normal people you loving nerds

i do.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i can't wait until i can just stick a wireless electrode to the side of my head or whatever and think out what i want to type

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JewKiller 3000 posted:

you could stick it to your rear end and poop out your posts

How to Good-bye Your Posting: If You Constrict Anus 100 Times Everyday. Malarkey? or Effective Way?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

an overly complicated chorded keybaord probably

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Instant Grat posted:

crosspostin from greyforum keyboard thread. look at my beautiful monster baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

surebet posted:

moved back to an open office space, coworkers vetoed the model m after 35 minutes and it has received an official eviction notice

at least i got bribed to ease the pain:

reqs:
- must be fairly silent
- vintage preferred, modern tolerated
- backlit not desired
- tenkey critical
- ps/2 preferred
- winkey optional, but appreciated

something with browns or clears should fit the bill nicely

build a sound-dampening shell that sites on top of the keyboard with holes cut out for your arms

• Locked thread