Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my stove came with the apartment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
tangent: i have a huge asus gamer laptop that i inherited from a friend. its insanely huge. but i want to put it on a little stand like i see ppl do so i can engage in keyboard fetishism at work and nto need to type on its little KB. any suggestions from The Pos? i think most stands are designed for little computers. but this computer is big. extremely big.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the best stands are the one that hold the laptop opened up, almost vertically, so the monitor is closer to eye level

these are invariably designed for insanely huge laptops

http://www.coolermaster.com/mobile/tablets-series/jas-pro/
http://www.amazon.com/3M-Adjustable-Vertical-Laptop-LX550/dp/B0006HVM4A
http://www.amazon.com/Fellowes-Office-Suites-Laptop-8032001/dp/B0002LD0ZE

eschaton posted:

Massdrop has a Vivo stand drop right now that claims to work for portables up to 22 pounds

thanks gents

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

almost by definition, anything sold on massdrop is something i don't want in my house

massdrop ftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i want basically everything on massdrop

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eschaton posted:

those have a particular, satisfying feel to them though

they just go click when you press them, exactly like you think they should

That steaming POS of a keyboard is indefensible . it's total and utter fail.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking cuck cucked cucking

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

gross 10 key. gas. ban

agreed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im lusting for some of those high profile key caps like on the soviet style boards to strap on to my filco majestouch with blues.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Small

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Poniard posted:

It's neato garbage

gonna go ahead and disagree, here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

surebet posted:

it gets weirder, 3x1 monitor array in a box:

apparently you can also stack them:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the usb mag stripe reader my crm/sales thing webapp company sent me just dumps the card info into the computer as plaintext. if you're on the CC input webapp screen it puts it into the right fields (fills name, CC#, exp, then u have to tyupe the CVV) but if u tab to notepad or w/e it just pastes it into there. pretty epic

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
they have a new chip reader dongle that i am going to get which seems cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

surebet posted:

speaking of assdrop, 64$ +shipping:

cool :c00l:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

deep impact on vhs posted:

i got a tiny keyboard :3:

hmmm. not sure if cool or bad. uncanny valley. what kind of switches?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

I like my CODE keyboard with clears and PBT caps. I can't believe mother fuckers are still coming in this thread asking the same god drat questions time after time. Get a CODE with clears and get PBT caps. or a unicomp if that's your style. mate don't fiddle ya diddle

i'm quite partial to knurling

the only thing I don't really "like" about this CODE eyboard is that it's too traditional. I like how DAS has been pushing the envelope with volume and media keys etc but they need to go further and DAS is a bit ug with the shiny base. I sold mine. it was only OK whereas I love my code and wasd. but a perfectly knurled knob or two up the top? or a whole row of them? connect them to midi>>>???

very nice ideas

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Tatsujin posted:

the code has media/volume keys tho? i mean theyre not knobs but im not really expecting some sick knobs on my keyboard

Perhaps you should.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

evilcat posted:

Why does it have a return lever? Why does it have a feed roll and feed knobs? Why does it have a regular enter key if the return lever also does the enter and they're trying to pretend to be a typewriter? Why does it have 1 and 0 keys if it's pretending to be a typewriter? Are people who want to play at using old tech ironically without actually having to use old tech just that easily confused by the missing 1 and 0?
Also why are they using the really old style of typewriter key as those went obsolete long before typewriters did for good reasons.
The whole thing confuses me, especially the quotes about it. If someone wants to kick the nostalgia factor up or longs for the days of typewriters, they're still pretty cheap and ribbons can still be found for most of them and getting and fixing one up would cost less than buying that keyboard.

:yikes:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bloody posted:

why didnt typewriters have 0s or 1s

gonnA GUESS ppl just used caps O and I for 0 and 1... idk.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MrMoo posted:

I'm not seeing enough comment on this keyboard.

hmmm...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

whish is exactly what that gif is from

the plan is to put an optical sensor at the bottom of the cherry switch to measure not just that the key is pressed, but how much its pressed. kinda neat in theory i geuss, but kickstarter

its from the video you quoted. gently caress you bitch. idiot. probed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eschaton posted:

it is quite solidly built

it's also not something I'm using via USB, it's attached to a Symbolics console which is attached to a Symbolics XL400

Looks like a piece of poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
actyaly cm storm FTW

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

lol nice 10keyless with missing windows key and hosed up control/alt

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eschaton posted:

Apple Extended Keyboard II with Mitsumi key switches

Wtf? Fail.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

b0red posted:

it doesn't matter. props for even effortposting.

here are some unconventional setups

umm..

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

:shepface:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
blue ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ppl like to try and be all nuanced about it - but the fact of the matter is, when it comes to typing: louder = better.

• Locked thread