Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Wow, my team just fell apart here at the end. I guess I still have a little hope with Denver's D facing McCarron - a couple of pick-6's and I can at least salvage my pride a little bit, if not my season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Thanks to everyone for an exciting and fun season. I was a bit intimidated by a 16 team league, but I enjoyed it a great deal and thought the lack of depth made for some interesting matchups/waiver claims and definitely helped me get a leg up in other leagues by having to think weeks ahead. I hope most (if not all of you) want to do this again next year!

Congratulations to Yard's Chewing Company (aka Jota) on winning the title this year! Here is the full list of winners below - and please correct me if I got your SA names wrong. Congratulations everyone!

Winner: 7 Boxes of Beer
Jota (Yard's Chewing Company)

2nd Place: 3 Boxes of Beer
Avenged (Ben Roethlislager)

3rd Place: 1 Box of Beer
Cervixalot (Daisy Cutler)

4th Place: 1 Box of Beer
Tubestank (Pick Six Pack)

Highest Regular Season Point Total: 1 Box of Beer
Cervixalot (Daisy Cutler)

Winner of the Loser's Bracket: 2 Boxes of Beer
Hatful of Hollow (Throwing Bud Lites at Santa)

Second Place Loser's Bracket: 1 Box of Beer
Baldrash (z-Flat Natty Lite)

I'm working on the assignments for who should ship where, and will follow up with some more instructions soon. We'll need to keep an eye on cold weather to avoid bottles bursting/breaking. Any beer thread regulars have access to a good OP on shipping/sending beer?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Here's the full list of where everyone in the league is from - let me know ASAP if I got someone's location wrong, as I'll be putting together the send list soon.

Cervixalot - Chicago
umop apisdn - Chicago
Wolfy - Oregon
railroad terror - Rhode Island
dphi - Oregon
spacejung - LA, California
Broom - Madison, WI
Zam - Southern California
Avenged - South Bend, IN
Prophecy120 - Houston, TX
Retamnav - North Carolina
Jota - Philadelphia, PA
TubeStank - Chicago/Wisconsin
Baldrash - Upstate NY
Catfish Noodlin - South Florida
Hatful of Hollow - Philidelphia PA

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I trade with dphi a few times a year so it would be awesome if we didn't get matched up. Though it would be sweet schaudenfreude to have him send me a box after beating him twice :boom:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I trade with dphi a few times a year so it would be awesome if we didn't get matched up. Though it would be sweet schaudenfreude to have him send me a box after beating him twice :boom:

This kind of stuff is good to know, thanks. If anyone else has regular trade partners in the league and would prefer not to receive from them, give me a shout.

My goal in pairing is to ensure that all of the winners get a wide variety of beers from outside of their area. Not as many Chicago people as I figured this year!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Any beer thread regulars have access to a good OP on shipping/sending beer?

The Beer eXchange thread has a pretty good OP on shipping, although it looks like the pictures have disappeared now.

Thanks for organizing it this year Cerv, I never want to go back to <16 team leagues, this was the most fun I've had in a league. Waiver wire gaming and scouring team websites for rookie/free agent reports and good upcoming matchups satisfies my inner OCD nerd, and I know a LOT more about other teams this year because of it. And I'm not bitter at all that I was third in scoring and ended up in 8th freaking place.

Not at all.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I could use some pictures and good tips on shipping :) -- lots of good NE beer out here I don't want to break when I send it.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Yeah, I deserve that.

16 teams is rough if luck's not on your side (or if Luck is on your side), especially when you lose your first four draft picks to injury.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

railroad terror posted:

I could use some pictures and good tips on shipping :) -- lots of good NE beer out here I don't want to break when I send it.

I think your best bet is to see if you can't find a foam or pulp beer shipper at a local box/packing store.

http://www.mrboxonline.com/bottle-styrofoam-beer-shipper-p-7579.html

I always use these. It's a little bit more expensive, but I've never had anything break. If you're trading people will frequently also be sending you one(or waiting to send yours back filled up)

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah was a very fun league, tragic ending for me, but I'm definitely in next year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Hey guys -sorry for the delay on this. I'll have shipping assignments up by the end of the week.

We'll also share some beer shopping and shipping tips, and put the shippers/recipients in touch so we can ensure that nothing is getting sent in sub-zero temperatures.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
So in the spirit of lovely sportsmanship I am going to send out the following in my box:

It is a beer celebrating the Dolphins perfect season, obnoxiously released the week the Panthers lost. Mercury Morris would be so proud.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Catfish Noodlin posted:

So in the spirit of lovely sportsmanship I am going to send out the following in my box:

It is a beer celebrating the Dolphins perfect season, obnoxiously released the week the Panthers lost. Mercury Morris would be so proud.

wow :golfclap:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OK, after a bit of delay (sorry about that!) here are your official shipping assignments! I tried to split everyone up so nobody received beer from the same state or the same general area as much as was possible, and so that nobody got double boxes from any one particular state. Let me know if this looks good!

Shipping to Jota (Philadelphia, PA):
umop apisdn (Chicago)
Wolfy (Oregon)
railroad terror (Rhode Island)
spacejung (LA)
Broom (Madison)
Avenged (South Bend)
Prophecy120 (Houston)

Shipping to Avenged (South Bend, IN):
Baldrash (NY)
dphi (Oregon)
Retamnav (North Carolina)

Shipping to Cervixalot (Chicago, IL):
Jota (Philadelphia)
Zam (Southern California)

Shipping to Tubestank (Chicago, IL):
Hatful of Hollow (Philadelphia)

Shipping to Hatful of Hollow (Philadelphia, PA):
Catfish Noodlin (South Florida)
Tubestank (Chicago)

Shipping to Baldrash (Upstate NY):
Cervixalot (Chicago)

Feel free to start buying beer to fill up your shipping box! The recommended spend is $50, but going over is totally cool. As you select beers, I encourage you to do a mix of different beers, and try to avoid buying a full four or six pack of an individual beer where possible. Use SeekaBrew.com to plug in your home state and your recipients home state to see what breweries they don't have access to - this helps you ensure that the beers you buy are unavailable in their area.

If everyone who is receiving a box can send me an email with their shipping address, I'll do my best to PM or email you all with their addresses to get this going.

Any other tips on selecting beer for your box, or on shipping in general? We've got some guys here who really know a lot about beer, so please, chime in!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
it was a pleasure playing with you all this year and i look forward to next year

this is the kind of thing we should ship in right? http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Tech-Champagne-Bottle-Shipper/dp/B009W80G8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452662880&sr=8-1&keywords=wine+shipping+box

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

TubeStank posted:

it was a pleasure playing with you all this year and i look forward to next year

this is the kind of thing we should ship in right? http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Tech-Champagne-Bottle-Shipper/dp/B009W80G8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452662880&sr=8-1&keywords=wine+shipping+box

Yeah those things work great. That's what I'll be shipping your beer in. And since you're shipping to me you can just send it right back.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Avenged, do you use untappd?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I do! I'll PM you my info. This is actually a pretty great idea by the way.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Avenged posted:

PM me too so I can find your most hated beer styles to pack you first loser box with!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Yeah those things work great. That's what I'll be shipping your beer in. And since you're shipping to me you can just send it right back.

I'll pm you my address when I'm sober

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Hope you enjoy Coors "The Banquet Beer," Jota, cause you're getting 50 tallboys

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005

Avenged posted:

PM me too. This seems pretty awesome.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

railroad terror posted:

Hope you enjoy Coors "The Banquet Beer," Jota, cause you're getting 50 tallboys

I respect this and I respect you.

Also sorry I've been away for work for the last week so I've been super busy. I'll PM my address and respond to the PMs I got about what I like.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Jota I'm sending you a case of natty lite. Kidding, but are there any styles you despise?

E:pm me your address please

Also I've never shipped beer. Is it fine to just buy one of those foam shippers, put it in a box with some packing material and usps it?

Wolfy fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 17, 2016

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Wolfy posted:

Jota I'm sending you a case of natty lite. Kidding, but are there any styles you despise?

E:pm me your address please

Also I've never shipped beer. Is it fine to just buy one of those foam shippers, put it in a box with some packing material and usps it?

Most people will tell you to use FedEx or UPS but I do know people who use USPS. The foam shippers should come with a box it fits in tightly, just use newspaper in each bottle slot to keep them from moving around.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

tallboys are cool right?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
If I get 7 boxes full of natty lite I don't know if I will be super upset or super happy. Either way I'll shotgun all of them.

Also send me whatever beer you guys want. I'm always happy to try new things from different areas.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Jota posted:

If I get 7 boxes full of natty lite I don't know if I will be super upset or super happy. Either way I'll shotgun all of them.

Also send me whatever beer you guys want. I'm always happy to try new things from different areas.

*extremely arnold soundboard voice* Give me your address

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Just a heads up, weather right now kinda sucks in the midwest. Here in IN we've had some terribly cold temps (like -20 degree wind chill), so definitely try and monitor weather conditions to where you're sending your box. You don't want that box to freeze!

I'd advise getting together with whoever you're sending a box to to see what their weather is like. Better to be a little later on shipping than to get a porch bomb that blows up, well, on your porch.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Avenged posted:

Just a heads up, weather right now kinda sucks in the midwest. Here in IN we've had some terribly cold temps (like -20 degree wind chill), so definitely try and monitor weather conditions to where you're sending your box. You don't want that box to freeze!

I'd advise getting together with whoever you're sending a box to to see what their weather is like. Better to be a little later on shipping than to get a porch bomb that blows up, well, on your porch.

Your week old IPAs will have to be two week old IPAs :(

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

dphi posted:

Your week old IPAs will have to be two week old IPAs :(

I mean, nevermind! Wrap that poo poo in an emergency blanket and some lil hotties handwarmers and ship it out!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Just sent out address reminders to folks. Post your Untappd if you want to give them some guidance on the types of beers you like, and don't forget to use SeekABrew to check distribution in their local area.

Jota, just waiting on one piece of info from you and I'll PM everyone on your list - check your inbox.

Please keep your recipient informed of your progress in packing and assembling, and post in this thread to let everyone know once you have shipped your box so we can keep track.

Let's shoot to have boxes shipped by Saturday, February 6th - barring any horrendous cold snaps or weather related issues. If your area is consistently below zero, we don't want beer sitting on your porch freezing. Seem like a reasonable timeframe?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Oh, and once you get your box(es), snap a photo and show off your haul in the thread.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I've had Avenged's box packed for a week now, hoping to ship Monday if the weather forecast looks okay.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OK, I sent out Jota's information to everyone assigned to ship to him, with the exception of railroad terror, who couldn't receive PMs.

Keep me posted on when boxes are shipping and received!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Shipping Avenged's box today

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

It might take a few days for me to ship my box. I've got to transport it to Staples to drop it off but my car is stuck in the middle of a tiny snow filled street.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
My box to Avenged was dropped off today.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Cervixalot posted:

OK, I sent out Jota's information to everyone assigned to ship to him, with the exception of railroad terror, who couldn't receive PMs.

Keep me posted on when boxes are shipping and received!

Sorry about that! I'm A CHEAP gently caress.

I've got Jota's box ready to send out later this week. Email me: wbnyslattery at gmail dot com with the address info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Retemnav posted:

My box to Avenged was dropped off today.

...And has arrived at my house!

Will post pics when i have time. Its quite an awesome box!

• Locked thread