Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Prophecy120 posted:

So once you spend all of your $100 on the 4th string Packers wideout and the 4th string Cowboys running back.. you are just out of money for free agents for the rest of the season?

Basically. You can still bid $0 on free agents, and if no one else bids, or you have higher priority than another $0 bidder, you get the player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Sweet. Sounds good to me.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Basically, players get locked once their weekly game starts and cannot be claimed until the full week of games has completed and bids have been tallied. On Tuesday, we'd open up FAAB Blind Bidding, and at 3:00 AM Wednesday (which I believe is ESPN's Waiver Processing time), the highest bid on each player wins and the requests are processed.

After that, all unowned players are open as free agents and can be added for no cost until their game starts the following week, when the process then begins again.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'd be fine with auction since a 16 team snake draft seems daunting but I'm honestly good either way. Should be fun

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Quick overview of how the process works for newcomers to the league.

Everyone in the league should post a toxx in this thread as a safeguard against cheating the system and not shipping beer, so go ahead and do that.

At the end of the year, the 1st-3rd place winners, plus the regular season points winner, will be shipped boxes of beer from varying numbers of league participants. Winners will post their location in the thread, and we'll work to identify who sends their box where based on how beer distribution matches up. So for instance, I live in Chicago, but if I won, would prefer to receive beer from Goons not in the Chicago area, so we'd try to line it up to get out of market beers to the winners more often than not so people can try as much new/different beer as possible.

Each league participant is responsible for putting together a box containing around $50 of beer, and shipping within a reasonable time (let's say 2-3 weeks) of the season ending to their assigned recipient. We'll be flexible on shipping timing in case of freezing temperatures. We'll also post some guidelines/tips on how to ship for first-time shippers.

Everyone should strive to put together a mix of beer that is either only available local to where you live, or is otherwise unique or interesting. Bombers, cans, bottles and even growlers are fair game. Try to compile a mix of different breweries and styles. If you're going to be packing IPAs or anything hoppy - hold off on buying until shortly before shipping to ensure freshness.

We can also get beer preferences from the winners, or at least figure out what styles they hate, to help better guide the box you put together.

There are a bunch of people who are much more knowledgable than I am about both beer and trading, who can help provide some guidance and tips too.

Edit:

I am :toxx:-ing myself to not be a scumbag and to deliver on my promise of shipping a box of beer to one of the winners of this Fantasy Football league, or else face eternal shame and banning from SA.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
I'm currently 50/50 on being able to draft tonight, being 6 hours away from my computer right now. If it becomes a problem, I'll try to just use my phone.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
:toxx: when i play like poo poo i will send the beer to the winners, because i am not a lovely person

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
:toxx: It is my first time shipping beer (I will lose) but I am not a scumbag and will ship out the beer at the end of the season when I inevitably lose

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
:toxx: Last year I was late on beer shipping, but lived so drat close to my recipient I hand delivered it. This year, when I lose terribly I will make sure to send out my package of beer in a timely fashion.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

I hereby decree that I :toxx: myself that I will promptly ship out a unique selection of local brews to said winners of said Fake Football League, else face eternal shame and bannage from Something Awful Dot Com.

I put together a similar box of beers for a secret santa a few years ago and it was a lot of fun mixing and matching craft brews the recipient (hopefully) hasn't tried. Maybe I'll win and won't have to deal with it, but I probably won't so I'm looking forward to the challange.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I hereby :toxx: myself into sending beer if I lose, but that's not going to happen because autodraft will guide me to victory over the rest of you scrubs.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I hereby :toxx: myself into sending beer if I lose, but that's not going to happen because autodraft will guide me to victory over the rest of you scrubs.

Not if I don't draft an entire team of players with torn ACLs first!

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

ESPN is showing the draft orders 1-16... is this correct? I thought the order was determined an hour beforehand.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Just to clarify (and apologies if I didn't explain this well) - everyone will purchase and ship beer regardless of winning or losing, but to the victor go the spoils.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Prophecy120 posted:

ESPN is showing the draft orders 1-16... is this correct? I thought the order was determined an hour beforehand.

I'll set it to randomize, I had it set to 'Commissioner manually chooses' but random number generator is probably best.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

I ask because its showing me picking 14 of 16. Looks like ESPN set the order already. I'm fine with that, just wondered if we are running with it our using something else.

Edit: I see its changed. No biggie.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Insert toxx about shipping beer here.

Thanks for explaining how it all works at the end of the year Cervixalot

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
To keep things active, I propose the winner of the "losers bracket" in the playoffs also receive 1 case of beer! yay/nay?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

How much is shipping generally or is that worked into the 50 bux

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

railroad terror posted:

To keep things active, I propose the winner of the "losers bracket" in the playoffs also receive 1 case of beer! yay/nay?

I believe that's how it worked last year.

TubeStank - shipping will depend on where you are and where you're shipping to, and how much you're shipping, should range from $10-30.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I don't think we've heard from everybody yet re:draft time, so we may want to be prepared with a second backup date if we get a bunch of no-shows. Is Wednesday 8/26 good for everyone, just in case?

I would hate for anyone to have to autodraft, especially since this came together late.

For now, let's plan to log on for the draft and see how many people we are able to get.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I can do Wednesday as well.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I've got a draft 8/26, but I can try to do both at the same time. I'm commishing the league I'm drafting for Wednesday though, so it's not ideal but I could do it.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
:toxx: I'm in and going to send a $50 package of beer when/if it is required to me. I'm putting some stuff that can sit aside right now, even.

I'm ok with Wednesday, but would prefer tonight but whatever's right

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

TubeStank posted:

How much is shipping generally or is that worked into the 50 bux

I would recommend getting a FedEx account and pre-printing a label that is very generous in terms of weight. You can fudge it a bit and pay less that way

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
:toxx:ING myself to send out a wonderful box of beer and pics of me crushing the spoils of victory at the end of the year. Going from 3rd to 1st this year, I feel it!

I'm good for tonight or Wed. as the draft.

For the new players, my team is pretty easy to spot because my espn account name is the same as my SA account. This year I'm rocking Thru A Bottle Darkly (DARK).

Dammit and now I just realized it should be Threw A Bottle Darkly.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

you'll probably get just as many no-shows tonight as you would Wednesday. Who hasn't checked in?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I'm going to Vegas on Wednesday and that would be bad so hopefully we can get it in tonight.

:toxx: I promise to put together a box of beer for some nerd who will do much better than me in this league.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

i can absolutely be here tonight. wednesday is a bit more up in the air.

broom
Aug 29, 2005
I tox myself, I will ship beer etc etc etc

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I :toxx: myself to send a nice box of beer to the winner, by which I am referring to drinking my own bottles since I won't get close and fail this year.

Also I say to keep the draft tonight since I'm sure many have already planned for it. Hard to get 100% participation anyway.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

It looks like we have 14 people confirmed to draft tonight! I sent a PM and email to see if the last remaining person can make it as well. I will be jumping into the draft room around 7:30 to hang out and start drinking what sounds like an interesting beer, so if anyone wants to shoot the poo poo about rules/setup/what beer they are drinking, will see ya there.

Cheese decided to drop out, so we have one open spot. I may try cross-posting to the beer and fantasy threads to see if we can get a last minute final addition, but if not, we may need to autodraft and find an owner later.

Edit: 15 confirmed for tonight. Looking forward to it! Posted ads in two threads, hopefully we'll get one more.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 25, 2015

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

How do we get in said chat room? I only used ESPN last year, and I had a bit of an issue in re: to getting in the room and it working properly on my phone using lovely stadium WIFI.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Catfish Noodlin posted:

How do we get in said chat room? I only used ESPN last year, and I had a bit of an issue in re: to getting in the room and it working properly on my phone using lovely stadium WIFI.

I believe if you're on desktop, it should pop up in the draft window once it goes live. Not sure if the chat works on mobile, but will check it out.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I will fill the last spot! :toxx: to send beer etc.

I live in SoCal

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Sweet. That's all 16 teams. Thanks everyone for making this work with your schedules, and I'll see you in the draft room in a little while.

16 teams is going to be interesting, only ever done 12 teamers before.

Edit:

I was 'Stone Enjoy Bye Week' last year, but this year, Daisy Cutler.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 25, 2015

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down
With the First Overall Pick i take :toxx:ing myself to not be lovely and give back to all the generosity from last year, putting my account on the line.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
gently caress my life

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Good times all - thanks to everyone for being available on short notice, and for all the help in coordinating.

Sorry for whoever ended up with Jordy.

Lol at Hatful's Eagles roster, love it.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

everyone post in the rate my draft thread

• Locked thread