Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
I'm back in this year, last year was a lot of fun!

Also, we keeping the box minimum $ value the same as last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Works for me!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
:toxx:ING myself to send out a wonderful box of beer and pics of me crushing the spoils of victory at the end of the year. Going from 3rd to 1st this year, I feel it!

I'm good for tonight or Wed. as the draft.

For the new players, my team is pretty easy to spot because my espn account name is the same as my SA account. This year I'm rocking Thru A Bottle Darkly (DARK).

Dammit and now I just realized it should be Threw A Bottle Darkly.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Good god Gronk

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Really happy I started Coby "2 pt conversion" Fleener over Austin Seferian-Jenkins...

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

dphi posted:

Probably won't matter but yes, thank you for not embarrassing my team any further.

Yea, see why I wanted AS-J's points. Was sweating Hyde's night!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Other than my QBs, no one on my team scored a TD this week. Starters AND bench, not a single TD!

Unless Aaron Rodgers has the worst game of his career tonight, I'm hosed.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Avenged posted:

It's been a strange game for us this week. I didn't expect steve smith to finally go off like that this week, and I didn't expect a combined 2 points from my RBs.

Hell, who knows though. I'm fully expecting Rodgers to break his leg on the first drive.

Getting beat by Steve Smith Sr. is especially galling as a Panthers fan. Watching the guy we let go because he was "too old" put up back-to-back 150+ yard games while we're using Ted Ginn as our WR1...fuckin' hell.

Good luck tonight. I don't want Rodgers to get hurt, but if he could just throw a few interceptions while GB only scores on the ground, that'd be great!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Retemnav posted:

Good luck tonight. I don't want Rodgers to get hurt, but if he could just throw a few interceptions while GB only scores on the ground, that'd be great!

gently caress Aaron Rodgers!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
"As long as the Seahawks defense doesn't score 25 points tomorrow night, I'm good!

Oh, they're playing Detroit? Fuuuuuuck..."

-me, checking espn just now

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Avenged posted:

Stafford has to throw the ball to someone, right?

Yea, Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Well I was fine with Matt Ryan making GBS threads the bed if it meant the Falcons lost, but of course the Redskins couldn't not gently caress that up.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Retemnav posted:

:toxx:ING myself to send out a wonderful box of beer and pics of me crushing the spoils of victory at the end of the year. Going from 3rd to 1st this year, I feel it!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
A Brees - Matty Ice head-to-head matchup in both real life and fantasy tonight! Gonna be a fun game to watch. I'm torn because I want Brees to do badly, but I also want the Falcons to lose and drop out of first place in the NFC South (at least until the Panthers play the Seahawks). So, hopefully Ingram rushes for 300 yards and Brees passes like 11 times.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Your team doesn't need any more help. Even if Brees passes for 400 yards and 5 TDs you'll still win because your team is much better than mine.

Nooooope, don't pull this reverse psychology BS on me, my team is poo poo and will let me down when I need them most!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
5-1 vs. 5-1! 2 of my top scorers are on bye, and 3 of Cerv's top scorers are out and he's still estimated to beat me by 16pts. drat you've got a beast team this year!

Also, Denver's D is averaging more pts per week for my team than my QB is, lol.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
I'm completely good with losing tonight if JStew gets a couple of touchdowns in a win! Although I hate to waste that completely ridiculous Miami game.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Yea, tough call. JStew is probably the better back, but they love running Cam at the goaline. Good luck whichever way you go!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Oof. Went Brown and it looks like Stew would've netted me a win. At least I have something to root for tomorrow, here's hoping Brown suits up.

Edit: somehow my original post got eaten

That would have been a stressful game to watch for fantasy points, cause they kept pulling him out for Tolbert at the goalline (or the inevitable Cam TD run). I was glad you went with Brown so I could cheer without even the slightest back-of-mind twinge of regret as JStew rolled over 110 yards or whatever you needed for the win. The Panthers are 6-0, so I can safely say that Brown can catch a couple of TDs tonight and I won't even care.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
FT: Matt Ryan
ISO: A bag of flaming poo poo

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

TubeStank posted:

i'll take it

Just leave it on my porch, where I can stomp around in it.

Luckily TB's terrible defense let him rack up some 2nd half points. He has STUNK for like 3 straight weeks now.

The rest of my team isn't doing so hot this week either.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Glad I sat Ryan in favor of Carr this week. gently caress you, Matt Ryan.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Well, my team poo poo the bed today. And Edelman got hurt. Great.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

railroad terror posted:

Shout out to Thomas Rawls, 39 pts on my opponent's bench!

e: Also shout out to Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, oh my god I could drink so much of you

Boooooooo

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
#3 in points scored, #1 in points against! And as of this week, points against is higher than my points scored. The team made up of players that play against my team would be 3rd in scoring. And now I'm in a 5 way tie for the last playoff spot and have to win to get in. Goddammit. THANKS FOR RUINING MY HOLIDAYS BEER FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE!

And, I see now that my opponent this week, SSS, is #2 in points against. So this may be the week that 2 teams break 200 points each!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
North Carolina

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Do I start Derek Carr vs Denver's defense or Matt Ryan vs Carolina's defense. What a poo poo choice this week....

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

TubeStank posted:

I was surprised he wasn't stashed away on someone's team, to be honest!

I foolishly believed the Pats when they said he was done until the playoffs...gently caress you Bill Belichick and your drat injury reports.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

dphi posted:

I was gonna say I'd probably play Hoyer over those two but it looks like you ready my mind!

Yea, Hoyer did not come through for me, what an ugly game. Was hoping for a shootout with the Pats - Houston should be taken out and shot instead. Between the nightmare QB matchups I had this week and Rawls going down early, I'm bound for the consolation ladder. Would have had a chance if I'd gambled on Ginn repeating from last week, but I just couldn't stomach the inevitable sinking feeling I'd get as he dropped another 50+ yard bomb that hit him right in the hands. He seems to have found his stickum yesterday, though!

At least the Panther's are 13-0!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Wow, my team just fell apart here at the end. I guess I still have a little hope with Denver's D facing McCarron - a couple of pick-6's and I can at least salvage my pride a little bit, if not my season.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Any beer thread regulars have access to a good OP on shipping/sending beer?

The Beer eXchange thread has a pretty good OP on shipping, although it looks like the pictures have disappeared now.

Thanks for organizing it this year Cerv, I never want to go back to <16 team leagues, this was the most fun I've had in a league. Waiver wire gaming and scouring team websites for rookie/free agent reports and good upcoming matchups satisfies my inner OCD nerd, and I know a LOT more about other teams this year because of it. And I'm not bitter at all that I was third in scoring and ended up in 8th freaking place.

Not at all.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Avenged posted:

I do! I'll PM you my info. This is actually a pretty great idea by the way.

PM me too so I can find your most hated beer styles to pack you first loser box with!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
My box to Avenged was dropped off today.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Avenged posted:

...And has arrived at my house!

Will post pics when i have time. Its quite an awesome box!

Enjoy!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
That Undefeated Saison is the perfect beer league beer. Until they brew a beer with actual pork skins in it (this has probably already been done, right?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
I'm all for keeping it generic, I think the base rules are pretty good. I've been in some "wild" leagues with huge bonuses for 50+ yd FGs and such and never enjoyed them as much. It introduces too much randomness in a already really random process.

• Locked thread