Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
im not gonna buy it but i will keep nagging about its flaws to everyone who doesnt walk away from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im not gonna buy it but i will keep nagging about its flaws to everyone who doesnt walk away from me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I'm trying to walk away but the movement is SO SLOW lol :grin:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
shot of me on the phone: "... and if you look at the animations the hitboxes seem to end at the knees, they just clip right through people, i mean combined with the lethargic movespeed it makes the footsie game just seem atrocious... im sorry yes i want a large pepperoni pizza thats right. and could you spread out the slices so they spell happy birthday? thank you"

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

The weird thing to me is that people's opinions of the game went from overwhelmingly negative to positive to negative again

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

who cares about any of that because in cammy's alt costume you can see her panties

https://fat.gfycat.com/PerfectHappyImperatorangel.webm

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Mintergalactic posted:

The weird thing to me is that people's opinions of the game went from overwhelmingly negative to positive to negative again

what happened, all I remember is bitching about F.A.N.G.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bedlamdan posted:

what happened, all I remember is bitching about F.A.N.G.

Fang rules. More gay chinese bird men in media imo

What happened is a couple things: the beta started with limited combo options stubby normals and slow 7 frame throws and then beta 2 nerfed a bunch of chars, and then hitbox data came out that showed they were going back to static hitboxes during idle animations from the pre 3rd strike days so people started flipping out that they could kick through the leg of a training dummy and grab through its torso.

Apparently the stress tests this week have restored some moves to a few characters so theres no use getting worked up, we wont know what the game will play like until its out.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 20, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

who cares about any of that because in cammy's alt costume you can see her panties

https://fat.gfycat.com/PerfectHappyImperatorangel.webm

I can't see embed on phone gdi

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mintergalactic posted:

I didn't see the first wave of negativity but as someone who has played all the betas and not really very good at fighters, even I could tell that the drop in quality from Beta 1 to Beta 2 was dramatic

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The debut trailer and exhibition of the game looked like loving rear end it was only around E3 the game finally started to look good

Then Beta 1 happened and the game felt good and the world was happy

Then Beta 2 happened and all bets were off

Then nerfs happened and farrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttt

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Is it good now?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

That game comes out in like 2 weeks. Cool

Im not going t buy it or own it on release unless everybody comes up and says they fixed it, removed the stuff that was made bad, so that its good now

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not really, no. The game's movement in general feels very sterile and the normals having bad hit boxes and doing poor damage do not really help along towards making the game feel good. A well-paced round of playing means you and your opponent are mid-screen baiting out punishes or crush counters, which Third Strike has similar issue too, but I have fun playing Third Strike on a basic level, whereas SFV feels like they've kind of neutered even the chances of pressing buttons feeling good and characters doing cool stuff.

Comboability is also worse as they have made it so you can't link much in the way of normals, so it's very questionable as to what the game is supposed to be other than trying to emphasize grappling possibly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's some characters it feels cool do stuff with like Rashid and Karin, but the a lot of characters are losing options and becoming homogenized thanks to that, which sucks. I had a lot of fun playing as Nash in Beta 1 and now he just feels gross since they've removed everything fun and cool about him.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Baal posted:

There's some characters it feels cool do stuff with like Rashid and Karin, but the a lot of characters are losing options and becoming homogenized thanks to that, which sucks. I had a lot of fun playing as Nash in Beta 1 and now he just feels gross since they've removed everything fun and cool about him.

But I wanted to play [Charlie] Nash since he was announced!

Bummer...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nash is one of the more complete and strong characters. lots of people seem to be playing him really well online. to me he is way to loving slow to enjoy though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

Im not going t buy it or own it on release unless everybody comes up and says they fixed it, removed the stuff that was made bad, so that its good now

I also imagine the servers won't work for at least a week

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Real hurthling! posted:

nash is one of the more complete and strong characters. lots of people seem to be playing him really well online. to me he is way to loving slow to enjoy though.

Yeah, he's definitely more focused overall. He feels like a better beginner character than Ryu, because Ryu's fundamentals don't matter for what kind of game this is, meanwhile Nash's are better for a basic understanding of the game. They've just removed a lot of his cooler stuff and made him feel so gross to play. I'm glad to see he's seeing play right now because not a lot of people were playing him at first, but until the game gets better he's just gonna keep feeling nasty to me.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
should of set slightly less scaling on combos starting with lights rather than trashing them completely.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ranking of fighters ep 4 is live right now
jeff and jason playing critical blow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96iGkTZprxw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Revelator release date in NA is June 7th

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

https://giant.gfycat.com/WetThirdLacewing.webm

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

yes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this semi boring video about japanese slot machine laws also made me hype for kofxiv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcT7DjSzphk

i kinda want to play psn xrd tonight if anyone else does. cool if no.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 22, 2016

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

all these capcom babes made out of play doh are making me horney!!!!!!!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Baal posted:

Yeah, he's definitely more focused overall. He feels like a better beginner character than Ryu, because Ryu's fundamentals don't matter for what kind of game this is, meanwhile Nash's are better for a basic understanding of the game. They've just removed a lot of his cooler stuff and made him feel so gross to play. I'm glad to see he's seeing play right now because not a lot of people were playing him at first, but until the game gets better he's just gonna keep feeling nasty to me.

at the madcatz cup last night tokido beat floe, snakeeyes, and gooteck in a combined match score of 6 to 1 with nash he looked unbeatable. then mike ross beat him 2-0 lol with birdie so take that for what its worth.

it was a good stream. they were all carrying on and the game seemed very fun to watch.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 22, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

thank god for guilty gear

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pachinko is for absolute tards and I hope they become illegal in japan so the traitor companies get hosed in the rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Pachinko is for absolute tards and I hope they become illegal in japan so the traitor companies get hosed in the rear end

it's good if you're elderly, single, miserable, underemployed, and so on, and japan is chock ful of some combination of all of that :henget:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

beecock

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

they won't become illegal, but they will become more fair. that still means less money for pachinko manufacturers

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

4 hour late guiltty gear top 16 and maybe finals who knows ? coming up soon atfrosty fausting all http://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ao66DG5Vg

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

glad they're showing a muted raffle instead of getting to the retarded american leo vs elpelt battersles i've been watiting 5 hours for.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do you think they'll have Revelator at Evo this year, or stick with Xrd.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Japanese would trash everybody since Americans would only have access to it for like 5 weeks tops. But Japanese trash everybody in Xrd anyway, so I'd rather them play on Revelator so I can see high level Jack-O play.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're going to play Revelator. Ultra ws released like a month before evo the year it came out and they switched to it. Unless it's like two weeks before evo I doubt they're not gonna just go with the new version.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the fat, old, mexican millia plaayer called sym, who uses the tanned skin white outfit colorway, inspired me to lab the game for 5 minutes and then stop playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Considering all the pre existing characters in revelator will be the same I'd guess that they would allow it at evo

• Locked thread