Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I liked when Arturo Sanchez switched to Periscope after a fire alarm was set off in the middle of UNIEL winner's finals, then streamed the parking lot Melty Blood grand finals with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Level Slide posted:

I liked when Arturo Sanchez switched to Periscope after a fire alarm was set off in the middle of UNIEL winner's finals, then streamed the parking lot Melty Blood grand finals with it.

was that what caused the4 hour behind schedule lol

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

was that what caused the4 hour behind schedule lol

yea there is a video of arturo just standing in the empty room while the fire alarm is going off shouting it's lit. lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

yea there is a video of arturo just standing in the empty room while the fire alarm is going off shouting it's lit. lol

Lol

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

I found it http://oddshot.tv/shot/nycfurby-2016012323356780

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

arturo is cool

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Did it show how most of the people on casuals setups just kept playing while the alarm rang and had to actually be told to get up and at least pretend to leave the room

Because I was one of them

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Did it show how most of the people on casuals setups just kept playing while the alarm rang and had to actually be told to get up and at least pretend to leave the room

Because I was one of them

ya they just kept going for a few minutes on the regular stream until someone from the hotel came and told everyone they had to leave. art just muted the mic so you couldnt hear the alarm going off while they played lol

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-BWJ9fUE0M

i hope the story mode is half as crazy as xrd's

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's being patched in at a later date

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also te final beta is this weekend and I might make a new FG thread for the SFV hype train.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

It's being patched in at a later date

wait the game isnt launching with story mode? not that i really care but what?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

welcome to modern games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its launching with a low effort mode that uses an anime slide show to tell the story between fights similar to the beta's start up tutorial. that gets patched out for free with a real story in june.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Arcade mode is supposed to have the slide show stuff for character specific story endings

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

street fighter 5 is gonna be epic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its going to be [iS already ] garbage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but I'll probably play it a lot.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

iraether play golty gear

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I won't play it much because I'm gonna wait for it to be 20 bucks or good

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

In Training posted:

Yeah but I'll probably play it a lot.

this is how i feel about it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Who cares if its going to be "bad" it looks better than cartoon and its a game about mashing action figures together and still will be better than ultra iv and like 90 percent of fighting games coming out

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i'll just do that with gg, it's cool

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Who cares if its going to be "bad" it looks better than cartoon and its a game about mashing action figures together and still will be better than ultra iv and like 90 percent of fighting games coming out

It's actually good for video games to be good.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

somebody datamined the new sfv beta and pastebinned it in case anybody wanted to look at that

http://pastebin.com/CutnfbRM

generally speaking it looks like everybody got their damage buffed slightly and throws do more stun, also backdashes got nerfed pretty hard

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

but then again the game could change completely in the 2 weeks before it comes out so who even knows anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They nerfed some throw ranges and lowered some walk speeds. Incredible!

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

They nerfed some throw ranges and lowered some walk speeds. Incredible!

They have to know right? they have to know how much poo poo theyve gotten for this non stop for like 5 years from everywhere. people probably stop ono on the street like "walkspeed and throws!!!" and they still keep going

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

stfu

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Throws are unfair and walking too fast is unrealistic

In real life you wave your arms around violently until you hit someone and Capcom's trying to capture that feeling

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

They only very slightly lowered ryu and gief's backwards walkspeeds and even buffed cammy's and more charas got an increased hitbox for throws than decreased so I'm not sure what you're talking about unless you're getting this info from somewhere else

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there's a post on srk forums and then the guy posteed oops all that stuff was autofill and i edited it, so who konws anymroe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i made it up

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

here'S the deaL! sfv is poo poo from an rear end! friguc k !!

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

It might be because I already put down 60 dollars for it but I want to believe that sfv will be good and not bad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

damned if i didn't buy it either :smugmrgw:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hell, at least i'll be able to pick up a match at anytime and be able to enjoy playing against japaense and french kens who are more or less invincible and just teleport everywhere thanks to the rollback netcode, making all the crap about adding minor damage increases and slowing down an already slow game more or less moot

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mintergalactic posted:

They only very slightly lowered ryu and gief's backwards walkspeeds and even buffed cammy's and more charas got an increased hitbox for throws than decreased so I'm not sure what you're talking about unless you're getting this info from somewhere else

Chun's hitbox on throws is worse, certain chars were only given slightly less worse frame data like Ken's standing fierce now being -3 instead of -4 and decreasing walk speed even slightly is loving stupid no matter how you look at it. It's not enough to make a difference so why is it being touched at all.

For every buff there is a nerf to accompany it and the game still will be anemic with very little in the way to make it better than even Beta 2 which was already a low bar. If they want people to stop being cynical then they need to stop feeding piecemeal buffs and instead go back to how they were in Beta 1 where they were going in hard on damage getting dealt well by normals and character game plans not getting hosed because they want to homogenize the game.

Idk if any of that balance poo poo is true though, this becomes a moot statement when it turns out to be fake and they've changed like nothing

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
sfv is like the 1984 of fighting games is my point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

FUKKEN nerfs!!!!!

• Locked thread