Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
I too am on board
I am curious
I am a typical SA poster so whatever the dems tell me to vote for
View Results

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I'd be on board with that combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Replace Rubio with Condi Rice would be a hoot as well. Sadly, she will never run.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"on board" in terms of gay sex or voting?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
What are your favorite things about Ben Carson?

Mine is that he was very good at his day job I guess?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lets face it op, neither of them stands a loving chance. I would put odds on

Jeb "Dynasty" bush
Scott "Koch protege" walker
Donald "accelerationism" Trump
Rick "glasses" Perry

before those dudes

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

rear end cobra posted:

What are your favorite things about Ben Carson?

Mine is that he was very good at his day job I guess?

Not a career politician
Pretty damned smart
Conservative
Not a Bush
Balls big enough to criticize Obama with him sitting next to him.
Very good at his day job is not a negative

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Harald posted:

lets face it op, neither of them stands a loving chance. I would put odds on

Jeb "Dynasty" bush
Scott "Koch protege" walker
Donald "accelerationism" Trump
Rick "glasses" Perry

before those dudes

I honestly don't care about your list. This thread is about Carson/Rubio.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you honestly think carson is in the running for the nom, let alone putting him ahead of Rubio.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Harald posted:

lol if you honestly think carson is in the running for the nom, let alone putting him ahead of Rubio.

What do you dislike about Carson?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fog Tripper posted:

What do you dislike about Carson?

It doesn't matter what I think about Carson it matters what the electorate thinks and that is..well they don't give a crap about him

like lets :toxx: if carson wins the Republican nom I can be permabanned and if he does not win it you can be.

Harald has issued a correction as of 01:04 on Jul 23, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Harald posted:

It doesn't matter what I think about Carson it matters what the electorate thinks and that is..well they don't give a crap about him

like lets :toxx: if carson wins the Republican nom I can be permabanned and if he does not win it you can be.

No, not toxxing.

Just answer the question. It was not a difficult question.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
To answer your question: I don't dislike Ben Carson. He's probably helped a bunch of kids with his neuro stuff or whatever. He simply isn't a viable candidate for POTUS.

Harald has issued a correction as of 01:14 on Jul 23, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Harald posted:

To answer your question: I don't dislike Ben Carson. He's probably helped a bunch of kids with his neuro stuff or whatever. He simply isn't a viable candidate POTUS.

What quality would he need to have to be "viable"?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fog Tripper posted:

What quality would he need to have to be "viable"?

Having any political experience at all?

Like yeah I'm the best microbiologist in the country but that doesn't mean I get to be president.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Fog Tripper posted:

Not a career politician
Pretty damned smart
Conservative
Not a Bush
Balls big enough to criticize Obama with him sitting next to him.
Very good at his day job is not a negative

Hmm, yes Donald Trump would make a good presidential candidate, but it was actually Obama who criticized Trump at that dinner.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Whelp, still waiting for anyone who isn't a pussy to take me up on this :toxx: offer

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Harald posted:

Having any political experience at all?

Like yeah I'm the best microbiologist in the country but that doesn't mean I get to be president.

*looks at Obama, looks at you, then laughs hysterically*

Oh yes, "Political Experience" carries a lot of weight these days.

If anything, I suspect a growing number of people would prefer someone beyond the typical "Politically Experienced".

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fog Tripper posted:

*looks at Obama, looks at you, then laughs hysterically*

Oh yes, "Political Experience" carries a lot of weight these days.

If anything, I suspect a growing number of people would prefer someone beyond the typical "Politically Experienced".

Harald posted:

Whelp, still waiting for anyone who isn't a pussy to take me up on this :toxx: offer

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Toxxing based off the idiocy of the american electorate has already cost me :10bux: in the past.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
What is it that president Ben Carson is going to do that you look especially forward to? Is there any former president you'd like him to emulate?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

rear end cobra posted:

What is it that president Ben Carson is going to do that you look especially forward to? Is there any former president you'd like him to emulate?

He is going to lower the sea levels, bring about world peace, and kill Bin Laden again.

But mostly it will break the string of career politicians in the oval office.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
If there's nothing specific you'd like to see done, and you just want a non-politician as president, I think Donald J Trump is your best bet.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

rear end cobra posted:

If there's nothing specific you'd like to see done, and you just want a non-politician as president, I think Donald J Trump is your best bet.

If you swallow the bullshit that presidential hopefuls feed you concerning their intentions, I truly pity you.

He merely strikes me as an intelligent, levelheaded, honest and principled individual with a decent moral compass. I don't need continental shifting promises, but rather stability and common sense.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Both of these people are irrelevant, OP

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

carson has no chance op

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Fog Tripper posted:

If you swallow the bullshit that presidential hopefuls feed you concerning their intentions, I truly pity you.

He merely strikes me as an intelligent, levelheaded, honest and principled individual with a decent moral compass. I don't need continental shifting promises, but rather stability and common sense.

Would you say that you've seen the man in the eye and soul and found him very straight forward and trustworthy?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

he compared chattel slavery to making health care more accessible for poors and thats not ok, imo

who is marco rubio?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Fog Tripper posted:

He strikes me as most of those things too, although his soundbite about the ACA being worse than slavery was ridiculous and troubling. He also strikes me as someone who doesn't have a lot of knowledge relevant to acting as the head of the executive branch which would leave him as putty in the hands of his unelected advisors.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Ben Carson should stay involved with neurology instead of politics.

Marco Rubio is a lol non-factor.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Fog Tripper posted:

I'd be on board with that combo.

but he is a government ni.... african american and a wetback

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
JEEEEZUS

GOD

ABORTION IS MURDEEEEERRRR

NOT OUR AMERICA

FAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSFAGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSS

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Miltank posted:

He strikes me as most of those things too, although his soundbite about the ACA being worse than slavery was ridiculous and troubling. He also strikes me as someone who doesn't have a lot of knowledge relevant to acting as the head of the executive branch which would leave him as putty in the hands of his unelected advisors.

he seems like the kind of very smart dude thats just so in love with his own intelligence that he thinks all of his opinions and ideas are wonderful and amazing no matter how poorly thought and misinformed they might be

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

babypolis posted:

he seems like the kind of very smart dude thats just so in love with his own intelligence that he thinks all of his opinions and ideas are wonderful and amazing no matter how poorly thought and misinformed they might be

Basically this. "I'm good at this neurosurgery thing, might as well weigh in on politics" and the fox news viewers ate it up because it was a black man criticizing Obama. OP why do you want a non politician to be the leader of the free world, a job that is exclusively about playing politics?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

my bony fealty posted:

he compared chattel slavery to making health care more accessible for poors and thats not ok, imo

who is marco rubio?

rubio's the hispanic one in the "here's a minority so we look like we actually like them" republican campaign

also the one who kept having to drink water after i think the state of the union

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
The reason Carson is not "running for the nom" is because despite denying the validity of evolution by natural selection despite years of collegiate biology education, he is not stupid. He has no chance in hell, and he knows it. His main role is to be a reasonable black man that a particular subset of Republican can point to and say "see?? i'm not racist" immediately after calling the president a subhuman mongrel. The awful awful ACA-is-slavery thing plays loving fantastically with those guys and you can't deny it.

Carson will leverage his role into some book sales, campaign merch, and donations to his PAC. He is angling for a gig with a certain conservative media outlet. He will then proceed to get rich as hell and exert tons more influence than he ever would as an immediately-doomed candidate

hth

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

Realistically speaking, how do you think Carson would do regarding issues like ISIS, Iran sanctions, and Israel without a political background? I'm sure he has opinions, but making opinions reality in what is an immensely complicated political system without the know-how and connections is a different thing altogether. For example, he can't just say "Let's bomb Iran"; he'll have to work with multiple groups to make this happen, including Congress and people who support the sanctions. He would almost certainly have to rely on other politicians due to his lack of experience, presumably his Tea Party cronies, and they're pretty much all career politicians, so you're going to get career politicians at some level.

Also, every president ever has made "continental shifting promises". Even Carson would do that.

babypolis posted:

I work with doctors, and most of them are like this. They have massive egos, and will argue with you about every little thing, because they think they know how to do your job better than you, even when they have no idea what the hell they're talking about. Carson would do far more good being a neurosurgeon than he would ever do as a president (not that this will ever happen).

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Carson's the only candidate so far to send me a bunch of spam email, and it's basically just "Hey, give me 25 bucks and I'll send you my book"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

lambeth posted:

Also, every president ever has made "continental shifting promises". Even Carson would do that.

Point of order: President Polk's only real promise in his campaign was "I will gently caress up those Mexicans and steal their poo poo," and followed through on it promptly upon taking office.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If George W. Bush had been commissioner of baseball instead of President, everyone would love him. Ben Carson should learn from George W. Bush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

• Locked thread