Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
I too am on board
I am curious
I am a typical SA poster so whatever the dems tell me to vote for
View Results

• Locked thread
lambeth
Aug 31, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

He merely strikes me as an intelligent, levelheaded, honest and principled individual with a decent moral compass. I don't need continental shifting promises, but rather stability and common sense.

Realistically speaking, how do you think Carson would do regarding issues like ISIS, Iran sanctions, and Israel without a political background? I'm sure he has opinions, but making opinions reality in what is an immensely complicated political system without the know-how and connections is a different thing altogether. For example, he can't just say "Let's bomb Iran"; he'll have to work with multiple groups to make this happen, including Congress and people who support the sanctions. He would almost certainly have to rely on other politicians due to his lack of experience, presumably his Tea Party cronies, and they're pretty much all career politicians, so you're going to get career politicians at some level.

Also, every president ever has made "continental shifting promises". Even Carson would do that.

babypolis posted:

he seems like the kind of very smart dude thats just so in love with his own intelligence that he thinks all of his opinions and ideas are wonderful and amazing no matter how poorly thought and misinformed they might be

I work with doctors, and most of them are like this. They have massive egos, and will argue with you about every little thing, because they think they know how to do your job better than you, even when they have no idea what the hell they're talking about. Carson would do far more good being a neurosurgeon than he would ever do as a president (not that this will ever happen).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

Better than the current office holder, who never had a real job in his life and is quite the polititian.

Being a lawyer and a professor aren't real jobs?

Also, do you really think Republicans would vote for a president/VP who are African-American and Hispanic? I don't see that going very well in the South. Or Texas.

e: Also, why do you want Rubio as VP when the guy is a career politician?

lambeth has issued a correction as of 13:02 on Jul 28, 2015

• Locked thread