Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Do you have a favorite place for that, or do you just hit Hercule over and over on the weekends?

Honestly, that seems to be the quickest way, but I don't have the right amount of stones to replay that a tons of times. But it's the easiest, although Z-HARD got me a ton of zeni on the few missions I was able to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah if you need zeni you gotta farm Hercule on weekends. Adds up pretty quick but awakening SSRs still takes a while to do with optimal farming.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What's the sweet spot for XP? I see everyone with higher level dudes than mine and I'm not sure how they're managing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Echophonic posted:

What's the sweet spot for XP? I see everyone with higher level dudes than mine and I'm not sure how they're managing.

Story grants the most (1.5x multiplier on it) but outside of that I mostly grind the daily awaken events and get in as many fights as possible. Awaken events give better XP than Strikes in my experience but most importantly don't skip fights. You want to maximize XP earned per stamina spent and you do that by fighting as many dudes as possible.

Also don't feed raw Ns to your dudes, combine like types (or identical ones) once and feed them the lv5 or lv6 results. Worth more XP than the two individuals.

There are a few story missions on Hard where you can get like 8 Ns per run by doing as many fights as possible,but I don't remember them offhand.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 29, 2015

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Echophonic posted:

I use the daily awakening item events. All enemies are the same color (ex: for the AGI event, all enemies are blue) so it's easy to compose a team of that color's weakness.

A team of level 1 trash units anchored by a few decent units can easily beat Normal, and a run or two will get the trash up to level 12 or so. Then you can take that same team, with maybe one more heavy hitter added if you don't want to use lots of health items, and do Hard so you get better awakening items and more battle experience. You will quickly get the trash up to L20, while simultaneously getting a bunch of awakening items. Use those items to Z-Awake the L20 trash units, and their training value increases by a ridiculous amount (from a few thousand, to tens of thousands), so you can then feed them to your serious characters for easy leveling. I got Kid Gohan from L40 to L60 by feeding him five of those L20 guys. Total cake.

There might be something more min-maxy out there, but this is easy to do and has worked well for me so far.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'll have to keep that in mind. I could definitely add some junk to a team with some of my better guys for the medal dailies.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
if you are feeding a rare to its self for super level up make sure to level the rare to like lvl 12 because it will give a whole lot of exp. I also just got SSR SS goku who looks like he will be leading a Sayan warrior race team. Also you can have the SSR goku and the goku from the event both on the same team.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Those medal dailies are so lucrative that I've pretty much stopped progressing on quest mode due to burning all my stamina on medal runs.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

vulturesrow posted:

Those medal dailies are so lucrative that I've pretty much stopped progressing on quest mode due to burning all my stamina on medal runs.

I've hit a wall in my Hard run that I can't overcome without throwing Z-Awakening some dudes or filling my item bar with 2 of every high dollar healing item, so I really only do events now too.

I hope this isn't a flash-burn type thing for me, because I'm really digging this so far. Moves aren't a "no brainer", you really have to think things through. I wish I could get a better grip on how orbs filter down, or if there is any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes they drop down like you'd imagine, sometimes they "hop" over each other. I hate that starting a chain on a rainbow orb doesn't always go the way you'd expect. Having some control over that would be nice. Sometimes I just want to build extra Dokkan by having it follow one trail that connects to my dude's color, even if it's shorter.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Saiyan event is up. Seems like a good opportunity for people to get an INT guy in the R Nappa. The Vegeta is an STR character as well. Just going through on Normal, it looks like you get two of each. Haven't replayed a level yet, so not sure if you can get more, but you probably can.

Nappa has Saiyan Warrior Race, Brutal Beatdown, Tough as Nails, Berserker, and Over 9000. Pretty similar to other Nappas, but it looks like Over 9000 is an event character link. His passive is INT attack up by 10%. Definitely seems like a solid card, like all Nappas.

Vegeta has Saiyan Warrior Race, The Vegeta Family, Big Bad Bosses, Prodigies, and Over 9000. Also has a 'rare' attack up by 100% ability. Seems alright, but he's being compared to Saiyan Elite Vegeta and Jeice for me, so he's not really stacking up.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 29, 2015

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
It's pretty trivial on Normal and Hard. Didn't have much problem with either.

However, there wasn't a good guarantee item location on map like with the Tao event, so I won't be replaying it much.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Can you get the pirate robot? If so how?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

-Fish- posted:

Can you get the pirate robot? If so how?

Roll the friend point one a lot

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Echophonic posted:

The Saiyan event is up. Seems like a good opportunity for people to get an INT guy in the R Nappa. The Vegeta is an STR character as well. Just going through on Normal, it looks like you get two of each. Haven't replayed a level yet, so not sure if you can get more, but you probably can.

Nappa has Saiyan Warrior Race, Brutal Beatdown, Tough as Nails, Berserker, and Over 9000. Pretty similar to other Nappas, but it looks like Over 9000 is an event character link. His passive is INT attack up by 10%. Definitely seems like a solid card, like all Nappas.

Vegeta has Saiyan Warrior Race, The Vegeta Family, Big Bad Bosses, Prodigies, and Over 9000. Also has a 'rare' attack up by 100% ability. Seems alright, but he's being compared to Saiyan Elite Vegeta and Jeice for me, so he's not really stacking up.

You can also get another copy of the Z-Awakened Saibamen since I ran it on both Normal and Hard. Just train them up to level 20 and it's essentially cheap training food since you don't have to consume more Awakening Medals.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Roll the friend point one a lot

Thanks, managed to get one first try!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Doesn't look like you can repeat Normal to get more copies, sadly. Just did Saiyan Rapmage Normal again and got nothing.

Shame I already have a SR TEQ Nappa. I had another good TEQ guy that fit, I'd probably trade the new one for my Pilaf robot. The R TEQ guys I have like Piccolo and Goku don't have links with the Ginyu dudes or Vegeta, who kind of anchor the team. Could be Spopovich's time to shine?

Also, wow, Demon is a really unimpressive link. +1 Ki is not that useful. Shame, too, since I have several Piccolos, Cymbal, and Tambourine.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 29, 2015

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Event Geta and Emperor of Iniquity Frieza have really good links with each other. Shame they share a color and therefore fight over supers often.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What do I need to do to find a Supreme Kai training thingie? I need one for my SSR Vegeta but I've never spotted him.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Doesn't look like you can repeat Normal to get more copies, sadly. Just did Saiyan Rapmage Normal again and got nothing.

Shame I already have a SR TEQ Nappa. I had another good TEQ guy that fit, I'd probably trade the new one for my Pilaf robot. The R TEQ guys I have like Piccolo and Goku don't have links with the Ginyu dudes or Vegeta, who kind of anchor the team. Could be Spopovich's time to shine?

Also, wow, Demon is a really unimpressive link. +1 Ki is not that useful. Shame, too, since I have several Piccolos, Cymbal, and Tambourine.

Yeah, it sucks. It's not like the Kid Gohan event where it was easy as poo poo to get him to Super Level 10. :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Yeah, it sucks. It's not like the Kid Gohan event where it was easy as poo poo to get him to Super Level 10. :(

They probably realized their mistake.. That kid is a beast.

Also, I love whoever named these missions. "Red-Hot Rumble"

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

They probably realized their mistake.. That kid is a beast.

Also, I love whoever named these missions. "Red-Hot Rumble"

Yeah, it just sucks because he's so good because of it. Takes a little bit of the randomness out of the gachapon game though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
If you're strong enough to run Hard that's still super rank 3 (and super rank 5 if you can run z-hard but you wouldn't be using these character if you could) so it's not bad. I was all excited that they'd be like kid Gohan too but alas.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I don't really mind because I have yet to get a single decent drop the entire time I've played the game. My entire team is event dropped Rares because I haven't gotten anything better than them yet. I've gotten so much chaff.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zeron posted:

I don't really mind because I have yet to get a single decent drop the entire time I've played the game. My entire team is event dropped Rares because I haven't gotten anything better than them yet. I've gotten so much chaff.

I actually gave up and rerolled a new account so that I could save up every single dragon stone for when they do some event that actually increases my chances of drawing an SSR. I expect my luck to be bad and not get an SSR anyway but at least I'd feel better.

As such getting Nappa R and Vegeta R (already have super 10 kid gohan) was an instant upgrade over my awakened Tien and Chiatsu.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Zeron posted:

Conversely, I quit Dragon Blaze BECAUSE I was gifted too much. I stopped for a week when Dokkan came out and went back, I had a mailbox full of SS-SSS pulls and all sorts of gems and other nonsense.. I went from a middling team of R troops and one S to everything being SS or better, with some extras on the bench. That took all the fun of discovery out of it. I know I got lucky with my SSR Vegeta without a single reroll, but filling out the rest of the team is most of the fun.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
To be fair there was probably some good stuff in there that I rolled but just did not like/want to use. Like if I'd known about combining for super levels I would have kept all 10 of the SR Chiaotzu cards that I rolled(Seriously 50 dragon stones).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Conversely, I quit Dragon Blaze BECAUSE I was gifted too much. I stopped for a week when Dokkan came out and went back, I had a mailbox full of SS-SSS pulls and all sorts of gems and other nonsense.. I went from a middling team of R troops and one S to everything being SS or better, with some extras on the bench. That took all the fun of discovery out of it. I know I got lucky with my SSR Vegeta without a single reroll, but filling out the rest of the team is most of the fun.

That's true. It's definitely a fun moment when you realize that even all those scrub characters are actually worth using once you've fused 10 of them together and awakened them.

Sure, the SSR will be stronger once he gets awakened and fused but that's a long way in the future for me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh hey, a Gaptain Ginyu! Oh, it's the STR one. Guess I don't need uh.. wait, poo poo. :(

Edit: See ya, Pilaf Fusion Robot. Welcome aboard, Captain. Everyone but Guldo has been waiting for you.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 29, 2015

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So glorious.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
This STR Ginyu is pretty solid. I have no idea how to trigger his Teamwork passive reliably, but whatever, I guess? Supposed to be +1000 atk for all allies if all three attack in a row, but it doesn't seem to work all the time. Weird.

Wonder who'd be a good 6th for a Ginyu-based team if I got a Guldo. Probably Nappa or #16.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
If you give napa a lvl 20 awakened N guy on color he will go to like lvl 30. If you then feed him to another lvl 1 napa that lvl 1 napa will go to lvl 39 and you give him training mats and can awaken him right away. Same with Vegita but napa mats are easy since its int day.

MAKE SURE YOU LVL UP YOUR RARES YOU FEED TO DUPES if they are not max level.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hey, anyone just logging in to get Gifts, can you let me know what the Gift message says? I thought it said something about Z-Awakening the Goku you get from the event to get 5 stones but I did that and nothing happened.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

Hey, anyone just logging in to get Gifts, can you let me know what the Gift message says? I thought it said something about Z-Awakening the Goku you get from the event to get 5 stones but I did that and nothing happened.

If you awakened him today you should probably get them tomorrow

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Jackie Chun and Muten Roshi can not only be on the same team, but also share a couple of link ups. This proves once and for all that they are not the same person.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Why did I have it in my head that he was going to be red? That's kind of a bummer. Really don't need another green, but I'm going to grind him out anyway in case I need a full green group some day. Guess I can finally Z-Awaken Tao without regret.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Fate/Grand Order out for Android. Might mess around with it a little before it comes out for iOS
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aniplex.fategrandorder

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

Fate/Grand Order out for Android. Might mess around with it a little before it comes out for iOS
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aniplex.fategrandorder

I watched the Episode 0 prologue to this anime (or one in this series) a few days ago and really like it. Is there one that isn't written in squiggles? Because I don't speak squiggles.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I've been using these awakening item daily missions to bring up N characters to 20 and then z awaken them to feed to my main guys. Should I be leveling these guys up to 40 before using them up? Certainly they give more exp at 40, but I feel like it is faster to just z awaken them and use them immediately so I can start on other N characters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This game needs an Energy widget.. I play it a lot at work and have to do actual work things when I run out of energy :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I've been using these awakening item daily missions to bring up N characters to 20 and then z awaken them to feed to my main guys. Should I be leveling these guys up to 40 before using them up? Certainly they give more exp at 40, but I feel like it is faster to just z awaken them and use them immediately so I can start on other N characters.

If you were gonna do that, you should feed them to a rare and z level that at 40. I'm doing that w/ the Nappa and Vegeta from the event.