Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Curious what Infinite Zamasu domain ability is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
259 memorial stones here.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Looking forward to Vegito more than Zamasu(despite not knowing their kits) but that's my Sayian bias showing.

I got 252 memorial stones. Got nothing from the summons though.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
i only got 118 memorial stones. I didnt go too nuts this year. Brightside have 1k DS so hopefully i pull Vegito. Zamasu maybe. Was hoping for Goku Black TBH. Like similar to goku/vegeta and he fused to Fused Zamasu

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I got 150 memorial stones, which is I think the most I've ever got. Used them on rainbow tickets and then celebration tickets. Got a couple of LR dupes, and the transforming AGL Trunks, so that's nice.

I'm back up to 500 or so stones, but I dunno which of the new banner units I'll chase after. Maybe Zamasu, my Extreme teams could use a bit more love.

Shindragon posted:

Was hoping for Goku Black TBH. Like similar to goku/vegeta and he fused to Fused Zamasu

He might show up in the second half of the celebration. I'd expect some sort of Trunks for the Super banner, but I can't think of any Extreme options that aren't Goku Black.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

They're syncing the versions together!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was honestly the most :stare: news. Like holy poo poo, that means LR FP SSJ4 Goku is not that far off.

Also hot drat Zamasu is loving busted. Domain is defintely the skill extreme class needed. Badly.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got 351 memorial stones, not quite sure what to do with them. Probably hold a bit and see what I get and maybe rainbow someone?

Also, goddamn, I missed the Metal Cooler typed EZAs, that looks horrific to actually do. Are they worth it?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 27, 2023

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Shindragon posted:

That was honestly the most :stare: news. Like holy poo poo, that means LR FP SSJ4 Goku is not that far off.

Also hot drat Zamasu is loving busted. Domain is defintely the skill extreme class needed. Badly.

I think that was the first Dokkan Now I've watched live, and :stare: I'm feeling excited about this stupid game again, it's great. I'm letting auto-battle grind through Dokkan All-Stars for me while I work just so I can get a few more pulls on the banners tonight.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Redditor having a normal one posted:

This is outrageous

As a Global player this is absolute BS after almost a decade. Bamco needs to refund Global players.

I've been a devoted player of Dokkan Battle for 6 loving years, pouring my blood, sweat, and tears into the Global version of the game. And you know why? Because it was always six months behind the Japanese version. I knew how to play it on JP (EVERYONE DOES) but I made a conscious decision to play on Global. That was the deal, that was the whole point - I could meticulously plan out how to spend my dragon stones. It allowed me to see what was in the upcoming banners and plan/budget around it. It was literlaly having a crystal ball into the future of Dokkan. Otherwise this game is too predatory without that foresight.

And now, after they have thousands of dollars of mine, now they decide to sync the versions of the game together almost as an afterthought without even considering how some people PREFERRED the delayed versions of Dokkan. We preferred having the inside scoop of. Imagine how much more money would be wasted on units like Kale or 17 if we didn't see how quickly they dropped off ahead of time. I saved so much money in 2022 because of the massive power creep that happened for the 8th anni in January. Now we have no heads up, no warning. This is loving stupid and makes the predatory nature of this game so much worse.

This is the most egregious case of false advertisement I've ever seen in Dokkan - this is worse than the 300 stone refund, this is worse than Heart's voice acting because those were just isolated incidents. This will impact the ENTIRE game and it can't be undone. They didn't advertise this catastrophic change, they didn't give us the option. They just bulldozed through years of established dynamic between the two versions. Literal YEARS. This is one of the main reasons I've been hooked all these years and this is loving bullshit. I don't play gacha normally and this game was the ONE exception. There is no point in playing this greedy game.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I got 351 memorial stones, not quite sure what to do with them. Probably hold a bit and see what I get and maybe rainbow someone?

Also, goddamn, I missed the Metal Cooler typed EZAs, that looks horrific to actually do. Are they worth it?

They made SSGSS Kaioken Goku's EZA easier because I don't have a lot of great extreme types, but you can probably get away with not using them.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Echophonic posted:

Not really. I mean they are okayish.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lmfao

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was almost a disaster pull. 1200 stones and I have 300 left. Lot of dupes for LRs i already rainbowed alot of old ssr units. But i managed it. Pulled Vegito and Zamasu

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Used 600/640 stones, two full cycles on each banner. Got Vegito and the World Tournament Giant Piccolo (and a bunch of LR dupes), so I'm happy with that. Gonna chase after Zamasu for at least one more cycle, then will probably wait to see what the next banners are.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok decided to reinstall. Got new SSB Goku/Vegeta first pull. I have 500 red coins. Do I buy STR Cooler, AGL SS Goku/Vegeta, or Beast Gohan? Is the TEQ Goku or any Piccolo's worth? I have everything else.

And do I buy tons of thanks or celebration summon tickets. I only have 26 memorial stones.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Teq Goku leader skill earth bed fighters has alot of cards. Hes godly when he revives but his 50 percent chance to nulfify attacks/guard is risky.

Int Piccolo is a loving godsend right off the bat. Even at 55 percent he has a high chance launching additional supers and he hits HARD. If there is one enemy he is effective against all types. His big mode is not random, triggers when 60% health left after the 4th turn and his active skill is p much the World Tournament meta as its an AOE that activates if there is two enemies attacking.

Cooler is just SA additional machine so he can build his defense really quick.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 27, 2023

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shindragon posted:

I wish I'd seen this before burning all (900ish, split between the banners) of my stones on the banners. At least I got the new Vegito as well as a copy of the TEQ Gods. Guess I had to have some bad luck to make up for the billion LRs I pulled from the anniversary banners. :shrug:

Didn't get Zamasu though, which I'm ok with because on one hand he looks broken as hell but on the other hand the ending of that arc was Naruto-filler levels of bad.

Sitting on 1226 red coins after the pulls. Contemplating if I should grab someone like TEQ Piccolo since I recall him being considered one of the best characters period, even at only 55% and even still in Japan and its era of FPSSJ4 Goku.

There's so much to make fun of here but instead I think I'll just pity them for being such a profoundly broken human being.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

The only content my TEQ Orange Piccolo hasn't totally carried me through so far has been Goku Black in the new Red Zone, he's an absolute monster, especially if you have both Gammas.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Orange Piccolo is pretty awesome, and it took some time I beat the Red Zone Goku Black with his team (had to use both Whis items, but that's okay) to protect PHY EZA Piccolo until he could transform and get that damage reduction.

So I was able to get one of each of the new LR's, but I jumped on Reddit trying to look for that salty post and I noticed that there's a lot of complaining about the new Vegito Blue not being that good (or maybe it's just whining about not being the best unit in the game right away). Lookin at this passive he seems okay to me, but perhaps I am overestimating him.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It's p much once his guard turns are over he's p much squishy (4 turns) plus lot of people do not like the restriction on activating the fusion. Those people also use Cell Max etc as the barometer which is stupid as that event nearly ever character gets loving whallopped by him.

Like base wise, he could be better. Once he transforms into Vegito he's a goddamn monster.

But yeah lot of people do not like his defense builds up SLOWLY. Course people forget he does have dodge (granted against Broly that is disabled :v)

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Already thought I had good luck going for me after getting the Vegito duo on the second free multi, and then a minute later I got the Zamasu on literally the first pull of my first multi on the other banner. Got both new units in 350 stones, loving lol.

I also swung the WT Goku, so between the two banners there are only two DFE units left I don't have, and 1000 red coins I could dump on them: PHY Beast Gohan, and the AGL Goku/Vegeta from the metal cooler movie. Only thing making me really hesitate on grabbing both with coins is that I missed on the buu saga spirit bomb duo during the anniversary and it'd be nice to have a red coin option to pick them up too next time they come around. Then again I've got 800+ stones banked after that insane luck, so I could also chase the units I'm missing now, or save them for the Next Big Thing, which might also be another chance at the spirit bomb duo anyway. Not sure what to do yet.

Also, 193 memorial stones. Thinking about using some on the INT blue duo from Resurrection F, they're the best available unit I don't have over there out of the three I'm missing (AGL trunks and PHY Raditz being the others), but that's a lot of tickets I could buy instead. Thoughts?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

CidGregor posted:

Already thought I had good luck going for me after getting the Vegito duo on the second free multi, and then a minute later I got the Zamasu on literally the first pull of my first multi on the other banner. Got both new units in 350 stones, loving lol.

I also swung the WT Goku, so between the two banners there are only two DFE units left I don't have, and 1000 red coins I could dump on them: PHY Beast Gohan, and the AGL Goku/Vegeta from the metal cooler movie. Only thing making me really hesitate on grabbing both with coins is that I missed on the buu saga spirit bomb duo during the anniversary and it'd be nice to have a red coin option to pick them up too next time they come around. Then again I've got 800+ stones banked after that insane luck, so I could also chase the units I'm missing now, or save them for the Next Big Thing, which might also be another chance at the spirit bomb duo anyway. Not sure what to do yet.

Also, 193 memorial stones. Thinking about using some on the INT blue duo from Resurrection F, they're the best available unit I don't have over there out of the three I'm missing (AGL trunks and PHY Raditz being the others), but that's a lot of tickets I could buy instead. Thoughts?

I'd either buy a unit and spend the rest on rainbow tickets, or buy the max number of rainbow tickets and use them on the Part 2 banners

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Got some more stones and ended up getting the WT Piccolo jr with AOE active so that'll be nice the next time WT comes around. Though having a full EZA PHY Broly (I also have Vegeta&Nappa now) also kinda trivializes WT because it's 2 AOEs and he hits like a freight train from the start.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Shindragon posted:

It's p much once his guard turns are over he's p much squishy (4 turns) plus lot of people do not like the restriction on activating the fusion. Those people also use Cell Max etc as the barometer which is stupid as that event nearly ever character gets loving whallopped by him.

Like base wise, he could be better. Once he transforms into Vegito he's a goddamn monster.

But yeah lot of people do not like his defense builds up SLOWLY. Course people forget he does have dodge (granted against Broly that is disabled :v)

Yeah, I've got him at 55% and that's more than enough to clear all the end-level content that I was struggling with (8th anniversary, Red Zone Rosé). My team of New Vegito, 5th year fusion, INT Vegeta/Trunks, Orange Piccolo, and GT Duo bulldozes basically everything if they get enough of a run-up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Once the GT Duo gets their EZAs, they're going to end worlds

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ironically, it seems like the best way to take down Future Gohan for the EZA is the LR Cells.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
man is it just me or the orginal animations suck. Trunks SOH LR animations are eh. Future Gohan looks nice. Also wtf no new goku black or ezas. wtf dokkan

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the reddit for this game is loving insane

unironic calls to fire people because they're releasing characters that aren't the one they wanted

not to mention the nuclear meltdowns whenever a new character comes out and they aren't the best in the game

Zokari fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 12, 2023

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
add it to the list of 100 reasons to avoid reddit. I aint happy extreme got the shaft but firing js just overreacting

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shindragon posted:

man is it just me or the orginal animations suck. Trunks SOH LR animations are eh. Future Gohan looks nice. Also wtf no new goku black or ezas. wtf dokkan

I dunno, I love all the original animations.

Future Gohan is insane. His domain effect to give a 30% boost against all Extreme opponents is broken as hell.

There's also a Part 3. Everyone hold off your pitchforks for the EZAs

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I think the tons of thanks ticket bad pulls is probably why my future gohan pulls were like six new lrs and the golden one arm boy himself.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
In an unusual turn of events, I got both Gohan and Trunks on the first cycle of their banners.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I did 32 pulls on the Zamasu banner with nothing to show for it, but I got both Gohan and Trunks on the 30-stone pulls. That's Dokkan, baby!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBjuGD-IZ4

I love when Dokkan World gets passive aggressive when a unit is bad.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

3000 straight days of playing this game. Let's hope it at least remains fun enough for a while longer.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Same. The domain ability does open up a door of opportunities for some fun settings. Like maybe a buu domain, freeze blowing up the planet under five minutes, a hyperbolic time chamber one etc etc

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://x.com/dokkan_global/status/1709871054158442840?s=46

so big news is we will have a pity system for the legendary summons banner.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODRRKGx8uM

I..wha? Weirdest What if Team ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hope yall are ready for a billion Kid cards in 2024 and 2025