Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

New Leaf posted:

I watched the Episode 0 prologue to this anime (or one in this series) a few days ago and really like it. Is there one that isn't written in squiggles? Because I don't speak squiggles.

The fact that any of these gacha games are getting released in English is a miracle in itself, and to my knowledge the only major one that had anything resembling a timely western release is Terra Battle (which is now months behind on content compared to the JP game I think)

Good thing is that since they're all superficially similar you can probably flop around in it a bit and still have a rough idea what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Isn't Dokkan Battle pretty new all around? I think the US version is only a little behind the JPN one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got like four vegetas asap and now nothing. This is frustrating. I also pulled an R Recoom from the friend pulls.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I wish I could trade off things. I have several SR I can't loving use and it drives me insane.. I've been running a green SR Android 17, plus my "main" is green SSR Vegeta.. then I got a blue SR Android 17 and a blue SR Burter. Just sitting there at level 1. I don't want to get rid of them, but I have 2 green and 2 blue in my party already, and I couldn't have 2 17's anyway.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I wish I could trade off things. I have several SR I can't loving use and it drives me insane.. I've been running a green SR Android 17, plus my "main" is green SSR Vegeta.. then I got a blue SR Android 17 and a blue SR Burter. Just sitting there at level 1. I don't want to get rid of them, but I have 2 green and 2 blue in my party already, and I couldn't have 2 17's anyway.

Remember keep them all balance changes happen and so do new teams once you level up and awaken your current team. It is not a bad thing it just opens up choices in the future. I am now using lvl 60 awakened Napa from the event in my team because he was super easy to get leveled and really strong because I had very little Int characters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Fallorn posted:

Remember keep them all balance changes happen and so do new teams once you level up and awaken your current team. It is not a bad thing it just opens up choices in the future. I am now using lvl 60 awakened Napa from the event in my team because he was super easy to get leveled and really strong because I had very little Int characters.

Oh I know.. I'm keeping the event Nappa and Vegeta too. I've got a lot of nonsense sitting around.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I z awakened the new event Vegeta because Vegeta's my dude and I'm still annoyed I couldn't get him from the first Strike event. I love the combat stance pose that card art has. It will haunt me forever.

I've got 50 Dragonstones now, I should save them for a rate up event or when they add SSGSSJ Goku right?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So I have the 4 event R Vegeta;someone go over the best way to level/feed them to each other again for my simple brain?

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
ive been playing dokkan battle for the past week but im not really diggin it as much as treasure cruise.
i like dokkan battle's battle system more and i like that there can be the same character in different types, unlike in treasure cruise where luffys are always strength, zoros are always dex etc.. except for different forms of chopper.
the main draw of these games, for me, was being able to build a Dream Team of all the colorful characters from the series i like and i am finding that, as much as i like dragon ball, theres not a ton of characters here i like all that much. not enough to want to try and grind them out or anything anyway

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

AfroGunsou posted:

ive been playing dokkan battle for the past week but im not really diggin it as much as treasure cruise.
i like dokkan battle's battle system more and i like that there can be the same character in different types, unlike in treasure cruise where luffys are always strength, zoros are always dex etc.. except for different forms of chopper.
the main draw of these games, for me, was being able to build a Dream Team of all the colorful characters from the series i like and i am finding that, as much as i like dragon ball, theres not a ton of characters here i like all that much. not enough to want to try and grind them out or anything anyway

Unless there's just no dragon ball characters in general, I'd say give it some time. I popped into the JP version earlier and they had super saiyan god and Cooler events up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

I've got 50 Dragonstones now, I should save them for a rate up event or when they add SSGSSJ Goku right?

I had 37ish and couldn't hold back anymore and blew my load this morning right after I woke up, so I probably wasn't in the best state of mind.. I got all Rares plus one SR duplicate of a card I already use, so while it wasn't a total bust, it also wasn't worth it in the least. If there's really some rate up event.. I'll probably just spend real money because I'm loving the hell out of this game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I just took another 10x friend roll and got another super goku pull. Rare 16 and interesting, Super Rare Cui. I didn't even know you could get SR's from from the friend points. Cui is yet another STR type and I have way too many of those already.

kag3man3
Jan 25, 2004

I have a question to which I am not sure people will know the answer to. Do the end of stage bosses drop as cards after fighting them the way strike bosses do?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

kag3man3 posted:

I have a question to which I am not sure people will know the answer to. Do the end of stage bosses drop as cards after fighting them the way strike bosses do?

You mean in story mode? No they do not. At least, not to my knowledge.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Nuebot posted:

I just took another 10x friend roll and got another super goku pull. Rare 16 and interesting, Super Rare Cui. I didn't even know you could get SR's from from the friend points. Cui is yet another STR type and I have way too many of those already.

SR Cui is garbage. Don't be shy about feeding him to somebody.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

In my experience, the same thing goes for Zarbon.. I've had 2 different SRs of him, a purple and an orange, and both were trash when compared to other comparable characters.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Keep people in case they re-balance things and make them not trash tier.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

That ship has sailed when I was being greedy and dumb. I know better now and wish I had them, but they helped get my Phy Raditz and Int Gero up to speed.

BTW, SR Phy Raditz is a loving monster, holy poo poo. Can't wait to Z-Awaken him.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm having that issue with Burter. I have an R and an SR and they both have awful stats. I mean, with Saiyan Elite Vegeta, that least SR Burter can hit his special all the time. For less than 7000 attack power. :(

On the other hand, I did get a Genius of War Vegeta today. Wonder if he'd be worth using over Saiyan Elite. I mean, Nappa works so well with Recoome, it's hard to pass up another Saiyan to fill a slot. I also have a R Raditz, but he's AGI. That'd move Jeice to leader to boost him and Ginyu, the use GoW Vegeta and event Nappa for type coverage.

Also Jackie Chun fits in awesome with my World Tournament team. Makes Jewel a bit better, hits hard by himself, links with Hercule.

I would totally trade someone for a Guldo if that was a thing, though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh boy, a SR Chiaotzu.

Why do I keep trying?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Oh boy, a SR Chiaotzu.

Why do I keep trying?

I actually gave up trying and restarted a new account except this time I didn't try drawing any characters. I'm going to wait for the higher chance events before even thinking about it.

So far the z-awakened event characters, especially kid Gohan, is carrying my team. Too bad the ones with "chance to get" like Jackie Chun and Cyborg Tao never seem to drop for me even after dozens of tries.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
For any complaints on Burter, Jeice is pretty drat good. I have the R STR one and he's a beast. I just did Red-Hot Rumble on Hard and he did like 22k to Vegeta combined with Burter and my R STR Captain Ginyu. It was awesome and you can do poo poo like this all the time with him.

In total:
Teamwork (+1000 Atk if attacking 2nd, Jeice)
Teamwork (+1000 Atk if all 3 attack in a row, Ginyu)
Ginyu Force (+25% Attack)
Tag Team of Terror (+500 atk, Burter)
STR+ for advantage

Sadly he doesn't have Brutal Beatdown or anything else, just Ginyu Force and Tag Team of Terror.

To answer my own question from earlier, seems like all three people need to attack before the enemy to trigger STR R Ginyu's Teamwork thing, but it's fully sick when it goes off.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Anyone else having trouble with Jackie Chun? On normal he's cake but on hard he suddenly gains the ability to two-shot my whole team.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I hope SR Ginyu is good, I just Z-Awoke him to SSR.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Just beat story on Hard. I don't advise tackling z-hard until you z-awaken all your SR guys because otherwise you're prone to getting stomped pretty hard, though you could probably get through the early missions alright to help with XP.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Anyone else having trouble with Jackie Chun? On normal he's cake but on hard he suddenly gains the ability to two-shot my whole team.

If you mean Hard and not Z-Hard, that just means you need to bring more purple characters so you can eat his attacks safely.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Shine posted:

So glorious.

ahem.....

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New event- one SR guaranteed for Multi-Summon, including multiple forms of Frieza, SSR Xenoverse Trunks..

Edit: I'm not super lucky, but my pull got a SR Cui and SR 2nd Form Frieza, plus some new R Agi Krillins in Saiyan armor that weren't in previously.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 1, 2015

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Welp, time to go play 30 missions in a row to try and get enough dragon stones for a multi pull

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

cptn_dr posted:

Welp, time to go play 30 missions in a row to try and get enough dragon stones for a multi pull

This is what I'm doing right now, I'm eight stones away. I'm really hoping I get that SSR.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Got lucky on a single pull! Did some training before I thought to share.

He looks like he's going to be a bruiser!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Event owns.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

gently caress dude. gently caress.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
God damnit, I have been randomly using stones. Serves me right I guess. I have it on my phone and I've used 0 stones, yet I still didn't have enough for a multi-pull yet I don't think.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The loving scouter has Guldo in it, taunting me. I don't even want Frieza, but I'm tempted to throw down for a 10-pull just for that. I have no idea how this game has gotten me to spend money.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

God damnit, I have been randomly using stones. Serves me right I guess. I have it on my phone and I've used 0 stones, yet I still didn't have enough for a multi-pull yet I don't think.

Same. Now I'm seriously considering spending almost New Console Game money on this silly free game.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Humble-brag, but what are you guys doing with unused, unneeded SR's? I seriously have more reds than I'll ever use. I dropped the $32 and ended up with a SR Chi-Chi, SR Videl, and SR Roshi, and every single loving one of them is red.. with Frieza, Tao, and Krillin, I'm pretty much set on reds. I have this Cui taking up space.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, I went for it, since I'm a chump. Got another SR PHY Vegeta, SR Str 1st Form Frieza, SR Zarbon, SR Master Shen, the R Hercule, the TEQ Jeice, and a bunch of Androids I'm probably not going to use.

R TEQ Jeice should be nice. 10‰ enemy attack debuffs for 3 rounds and a type I don't have in my current deck. It's going to be tough to beat the STR Jeice, though.

Not bad, but I still need a Guldo or an Android 18. I could run a good mix of Androids if I had her. 17 needs her to really shine, just from a casual glance.

I wish the Frieza links were better, I have SR Frieza, Zarbon, and Dodoria now.

To answer New Leaf's question, I just hold on to everything and condense my duplicate Rares down. Never know when I'm going to get the linchpin for a cool combo.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Well, I went for it, since I'm a chump. Got another SR PHY Vegeta, SR Str 1st Form Frieza, SR Zarbon, SR Master Shen, the R Hercule, the TEQ Jeice, and a bunch of Androids I'm probably not going to use.

R TEQ Jeice should be nice. 10‰ enemy attack debuffs for 3 rounds and a type I don't have in my current deck. It's going to be tough to beat the STR Jeice, though.

Not bad, but I still need a Guldo or an Android 18. I could run a good mix of Androids if I had her. 17 needs her to really shine, just from a casual glance.

I wish the Frieza links were better, I have SR Frieza, Zarbon, and Dodoria now.

To answer New Leaf's question, I just hold on to everything and condense my duplicate Rares down. Never know when I'm going to get the linchpin for a cool combo.

I'm low on space though, but I'll probably start doing that.

I love my new Frieza- he links to SR Phy Raditz, who links to Gohan, so it makes for a nice spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Since I've been playing this game a lot since it was linked in the DBZ thread, I decided to splurge and buy the 90 dragon stones, since I used all of the ones I had gotten from the normal campaign and all but the last two of sections of hard as summoning/senzu beans/stamina restoring/character slot increasing like an idiot. I got 2 diffent Ginyu (SR INT and R StR) , 2 different Guldo's (PHY and INT) , A Gohan and a Jeice I already had to bump up Super Attack's, Androids 17 (SR TEQ) and 18 (R-PHY), and Piccolo(R-TEQ) and Tien (R-AGL) . Still Need a Burter for a Full Ginyu Force, but I'm hoping I can keep from spending the left over dragon stones on more guys.

I wish I had thought about rerolling when I got the game, though I like my SR Roshi that I got from the first day. The other SR's I've gotten have been Vegeta (Event Sayian Elite-AGL, Genius of War-TEQ) , 2 Mercenary Tao (Another AGL, at least Super level went up), the Event Cyborg Tao(x2) Event Jackie Chun(x2) and the Raditz-PHY.

I've decided that any characters I don't like (Android 19, Yakkon, Cui, etc...)that are R are fodder, as well as any N's I get from friend summoning/battle. I haven't gotten an SR that I haven't liked yet, so I'm glad I haven't had to make that choice yet.

Two things I've noticed abut this game though. It drains my phone battery like crazy ( I was able to go almost two days without charging before I played this game), and every once in a while my dragon balls on the map turn into black boxes so you can't see the numbers (which makes it difficult to map your path). The game usually crashes after a battle though, so I can reload but I hate taking unnecessary damage or missing items during maps.