Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I just got a second SSR Gohan (lol) and SR 2nd form Frieza

Is 1st or 2nd form better? They're both STR so I can only run one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

Humble-brag, but what are you guys doing with unused, unneeded SR's? I seriously have more reds than I'll ever use. I dropped the $32 and ended up with a SR Chi-Chi, SR Videl, and SR Roshi, and every single loving one of them is red.. with Frieza, Tao, and Krillin, I'm pretty much set on reds. I have this Cui taking up space.

Max and z-awaken that Chi Chi and Roshi, you will be able to Dokkan Awaken them in the future as true SSR cards (kid chi chi and buff Roshi)

I've just been holding onto extra SRs so far, but if you're running out of space you can level them up some and feed them to other cards, or just spend a stone on bigger inventory.

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants
Spend a couple of stones on increasing your character limit, seriously. It's like one stone for five slots that's gently caress all

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
It was getting tedious going through every story mission again on Hard Mode so I said gently caress it I'll roll one time and got SSR PHY Vegeta.

It unfortunate that he can't link with SSR TEQ Vegeta from my experience using other people's PHY Vegeta, but at least PHY Vegeta has a better passive. Now to grind out his levels and farm for Awakening Medals :shepicide:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, all these pulls made me rethink my teambuilding. Emperor of Inequity Frieza's leader ability seems pretty sick, but I have no idea how to pair him with anything in my Ginyu team, though. Seems a shame to ditch all the work I put into the Ginyu Force guys, seeing as two of them are SR.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I've been rolling 5 rare-awakened z-fighters (with Yamcha the highest rarity) and a filler for basically since the game came out. Not by choice, my pulls have been poo poo outside of an SSR Vegeta that's been useless because it's a green when Goku/Gohan are already green.

It's super annoying. :mad:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got SR 2nd and 3rd freezers as well as guildo and videl. I like the friezas because they all link together, and with the purple nappa who I find surprisingly good. My team also has a distinct lack of purples and yellows so any one I can fill that gap with is nice. I also got a bunch of crappy R's including a purple gohan who, at level 31 has less than half the attack of the green event gohan at level 21.

Oh well time to try and get Jackie chun to drop so I can hopefully farm up another 50 stones.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
edit: dumb

Event definitely owns :getin:

Perpetual Ascent fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 1, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You jerks with your Guldos and your SR Ginyus. :negative:

That new Krillin seems pretty dang good. Wonder if it'd be worth experimenting with him on my team, too. Ginyu links be damned.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 2, 2015

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I rolled a bunch of reds (including Frieza 2, Recoome and SR Jeice) and two SR kid Gohans that I don't want to use because my R Gohan from the event has a "kill anything" super attack :argh:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Echophonic posted:

You jerks with your Guldos and your SR Ginyus. :negative:

That new Krillin seems pretty dang good. Wonder if it'd be worth experimenting with him on my team, too. Ginyu links be damned.

Is guldo even any good? He has some links with Frieza and Nappa but I already have enough greens.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

All of Frieza's forms can be on the same team and link with each other :getin:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

Is guldo even any good? He has some links with Frieza and Nappa but I already have enough greens.

I have an SR Burter, SR Recoome, an R TEQ and STR Jeice, and a R STR Ginyu. He'd be the ideal INT guy for my team. Right now I'm running the event Nappa for that, since he links with Nappa. Ginyu Force is a REALLY good link.

Just traded the AGI Event Vegeta for my first form Frieza's +15% attack leader ability. Who needs links when you get +1500 atk for showing up on the line? Makes the TEQ Jeice I just swapped in look a lot better, too, since that +15% covers the loss of the Teamwork bonus. Now it's a 10% enemy debuff, which sounds fun.

Kelp Plankton posted:

This is good because Zarbon and Dodoria don't seem to be very good. Metamorphosis is lame at a 5% heal, Frieza's Minion is only +300 atk, and Frieza's Army is +1000 defense, which is okay. They also link to nobody else. The SR PHY Dodoria's leader ability seems alright, though, +20% HP for TEQ, STR, and PHY and SR INT Zarbon is +25% INT attack.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 2, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Links can be weird, I've found. SR Ginyu does not link with Frieza (at least not with 1st Form Frieza that was in the game before this event), but he does link with Master Roshi.

Magna
Sep 3, 2007

Echophonic posted:

This is good because Zarbon and Dodoria don't seem to be very good. Metamorphosis is lame at a 5% heal, Frieza's Minion is only +300 atk, and Frieza's Army is +1000 defense, which is okay. They also link to nobody else. The SR PHY Dodoria's leader ability seems alright, though, +20% HP for TEQ, STR, and PHY and SR INT Zarbon is +25% INT attack.

Meta owns because of a bug that will eventually get patched out, letting you heal for a lot more than it should. First, meta heals 5% for each member of the link so you get 10% from Zarbon+Frieza. Now for the buggy part you can abuse: each time you move a character in the attack sequence the link reforms and you get healed again.

Example:
1. Frieza and Zarbon are in slot 1 and 2, first heal happens.
2. Click orbs to lock slot 1
3. Move Slot 2 to Slot 3 and then move it back. Second heal happens.
4. Click orbs to lock slot 2
5. Hold slot 3's character then let go of it and click orbs to lock him. Third heal happens.

This basically translates into healing for 10-12k every other turn with a decently leveled team.

Magna fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 2, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yes, this is why I want that fourth form frieza. I want an all freezer team. One form and a mecha frieza away from my dream.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Links can be weird, I've found. SR Ginyu does not link with Frieza (at least not with 1st Form Frieza that was in the game before this event), but he does link with Master Roshi.

That's because Frieza does not have any Respect. :v:

It is kind of weird that the Ginyu guys don't have a link with Frieza, though.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Man, my team is a total goddamn mess for links. I basically have no way to make a team themed around anything, and at best I can kind of cram people in to chains where one dude links to another dude who links to another.

That said, I did get a SR Hercule from this event. Also SR Frieza. I feel like I'm going to have to sit down and write out all the possible links I have, and do some kind of spery spreadsheet action or something.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I feel like this is a stupid-rear end question, but how do I check the links on my characters other than in battle?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

cptn_dr posted:

I feel like this is a stupid-rear end question, but how do I check the links on my characters other than in battle?

Character list, then select the character, click the down arrow at the bottom of the screen.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I can't decide if I should use form 1 or 2 Frieza on my primary team. Leveling them both up and awakening them to compare stats I guess. We'll see which one is superior.

Form 3 is green which is cool since the other two are red. Starting to fill out a Friezas Only team

Apparently in the future we'll be able to Dokkan Awaken any Frieza form into Golden Frieza so it's worth getting at least one totally maxed out.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I should've saved up for this event. All of my pulls over time have only ever given me one SR (Burter) and zero SSRs. I should probably reroll, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it to lose my level 10 special Kid Gohan and my event Vegeta and Cyborg Tao to do so.

Game's stingier than PAD, that's for sure.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have a higher SSR pull rate than getting this goddamn Jackie Chun card. Goddamnit, is this the most rarest card in existence or some poo poo? For a rare?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tae posted:

I have a higher SSR pull rate than getting this goddamn Jackie Chun card. Goddamnit, is this the most rarest card in existence or some poo poo? For a rare?

Jackie Chun is SR, not R, but yeah the drop rate on Strike events is super low. Just keep at it and you'll get a few eventually.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got that SSR Teen Gohan, and a bunch of other SR for my dragon stones, not bad. Thankfully Teen Gohan can be put on the same team as the event Gohan.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
It took surprisingly little effort to make a quick and dirty spreadsheet of my cards and their links, which makes it a lot easier to tell what of your whole collection connects. I ended up with a team I probably never would have thrown together otherwise that still manages to have good coverage, a decent theme, and hits crazy hard. I took them on a trial run through the Jackie Chun strike on Hard and only lost because I kept getting terrible draws on Ki and he eventually ground me down.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

This event doesn't seem that good to me tbh. Getting a guaranteed SR for spending 50 stones is a lot worse than having a +% for the better SSRs to come.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

This event doesn't seem that good to me tbh. Getting a guaranteed SR for spending 50 stones is a lot worse than having a +% for the better SSRs to come.

I imagine most people agree, but sitting around on stones gets pretty boring. Plus, SSR Frieza and Xenoverse Trunks, man!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

A lot of folks were having trouble getting any SR cards at all and I'm sure this is a very good event for them.

It's helped me level a few supers on my SR characters too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

My goal with this game is basically to only roll on characters I like, and I like Frieza.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Elemental Wings is a gacha shmup. Cool idea, but you can't join leagues if your phone is rooted...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh man this Ginyu mission is kicking my rear end even on normal. Individually they're easy but taking out all of them in a row is rough.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's really a team check. You need good variety of types to clear it. Also a Senzu Bean.

I just did another 10 pull with a Super Saiyan Goku on the pull and only got one SR, the SR PHY Vegeta. I did get three Guldos (one INT, two PHY) and two of the new Killin, though!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 2, 2015

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

Rapner posted:

Elemental Wings is a gacha shmup. Cool idea, but you can't join leagues if your phone is rooted...

If your phone weren't rooted and you helped me figure out how to be friends to specific people, you'd know and be invited to help me do a boss battle I found (it's available for the next 40 minutes)

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I have a whole lot of more important life and gaming objectives in mind, but right now I'm working on this witch thing that's deliberately stealing all of my personal info.

Update: and I don't understand any of its mechanics

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 2, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I just got SSR Piccolo and SSR Frieza one after the other. My brother is really angry because he's struggling to just get some SR guys. It's a good weekend for me in Dokkan Battle.

So now I've got all Frieza forms, woo. Farming Hercule event a LOT since I've got a lot of awakening to do. Will need to hit the awakening events pretty hard too.

My level isn't high enough to use all my SSRs on the same team though. RIP Frieza, benched until I can use him.

Not sure who's best as my team lead though. Just using SSJ Gohan for now, but blue SSJ Goku seems alright too and final form Frieza is also decent. I guess Gohan's covers my typing better since I've got 2 blues?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

That pull was not worth the hours of grinding. loving Zarbon. And two different Yamchas!

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 19, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

What's the trick to getting buff super fast in this game? I'm so close to getting another pull on the freezer machine but hit a wall on both story progression and hardmode retreads.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Nuebot posted:

What's the trick to getting buff super fast in this game? I'm so close to getting another pull on the freezer machine but hit a wall on both story progression and hardmode retreads.

That's the central question. It looks like your best bet is find a long map and fight as many guys as you can in hopes you're rewarded with their cards, so you can combine and then awaken them for monster experience. I don't like it much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

A freshly Z-awoken guy only gets an SR like 3 levels. So I have to max out that guy too then I guess. At least the fights themselves give decent exp on hard, too.