Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Man Jackie Chin hard mode is really kicking my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I decided to reroll and do a 50-pull then save up all my stones.

Got SSR STR Goku from the reroll, and the pull grabbed me the TEQ penishead Frieza and a SSR Piccolo. Piccolo seems nice, but he really doesn't fit in the team i'm building around Goku:

Goku + Event Nappa + Vegeta (Saiyan bonus, Nappa/Vegeta get a couple extra bonuses between each other)
SR Frieza (links with nappa and vegeta)
Event TEQ Goku + Z-Awakened Chiaotzu (filler, get z-warriors between themselves)

e: where do you go to change your display name?

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 3, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So a level 40 Z-awoken N still only gets my SRs 6 levels. Is there really no other way?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Nuebot posted:

So a level 40 Z-awoken N still only gets my SRs 6 levels. Is there really no other way?

I'd imagine that doing it for rares instead would give a good bit

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Rares take even longer to grind and I can't farm them up, though.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The new R AGL Wisdom & Experience Krillin costs SR materials to awaken instead of R mats. :mad:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Largepotato posted:

The new R AGL Wisdom & Experience Krillin costs SR materials to awaken instead of R mats. :mad:

I noticed that.. Part of me wonders if he was meant to be SR rather than R. I've gotten 4 at this point, with one sitting at 40 waiting to be Z-Awakened but I can't make myself spend the money because I really only need him for my "Blue-Man Group".

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Working on the Z-HARD story missions. I've completed 4 chapters and bits of two more. Finally nice to be getting Dragon Stones again.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What's your secret? I'm constantly out of healing items. I have teams broken up by color to try and offset some of the beatdown, but goddamn, some missions are tough. Some of my guys are underused though, so maybe it's just a level thing. I'm through chapter 1 on Z-Hard, a couple maps into chapter 2.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

What's your secret? I'm constantly out of healing items. I have teams broken up by color to try and offset some of the beatdown, but goddamn, some missions are tough. Some of my guys are underused though, so maybe it's just a level thing. I'm through chapter 1 on Z-Hard, a couple maps into chapter 2.

I farmed one of the missions (either Cyborg Tao or the Gohan event) and ended up getting 60-70 of the potions (there was a way you could take a detour on the map and after fighting an unavoidable enemy, take a 4-turn roll to hit a potion. So, I've been going through those.

Also, making sure to point your supers and attacks to match weaknesses helped a lot. I'm about at the point where I'm dying right at the end of the final boss battle, which sucks, because I'm about level 70 across the board.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

I farmed one of the missions (either Cyborg Tao or the Gohan event) and ended up getting 60-70 of the potions (there was a way you could take a detour on the map and after fighting an unavoidable enemy, take a 4-turn roll to hit a potion. So, I've been going through those.

Also, making sure to point your supers and attacks to match weaknesses helped a lot. I'm about at the point where I'm dying right at the end of the final boss battle, which sucks, because I'm about level 70 across the board.

Yeah, I'm suffering from the "one more round would win it" problem right now.. Get them to a sliver of health and out of heals and the next turn he jumps to the front of my line and hits me with a Super. It's getting old.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So are senzu beans basically mandatory for Z-hard for most missions? Even using green guys on this Z-hard Awakening quest the trash fights are whittling my health down before I even reach the boss.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Can SSR characters be Z-Awoken? Is there a level beyond SSR (maybe SSR2????) ?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Can SSR characters be Z-Awoken? Is there a level beyond SSR (maybe SSR2????) ?

Yes- they go UR:

(not mine :( )

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

New Leaf posted:

Yes- they go UR:

(not mine :( )

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

URs are insanely strong, I've got two on my friends list and they just one shot everything. If they super a boss they get one shot too.

I'm sure this slows down deeper into Z-Hard though.

Okay so I've got a bunch of SSRs: Goku (blue), Piccolo, Gohan, and Frieza. I've been using Gohan as lead since it buffs him and Piccolo and the two blues on my team (SSJ Goku and SSR* Roshi) but is that the best leader skill to go with of what I've got available?

Is there any that are just outright better than the others?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Did the Dragon Stone Multi-summon, didn't get any of Frieza's transformations and my only SR was a TEQ Raditz...

Well, at least I can start a saiyan team with him and the Nappa and Vegeta from the event, I also got a STR Android 19 and a INT Dr. Gero so now I have a full balanced android team with Androids 16 through 20 with a Cell Jr. as a pet. Also got an INT Guldo which I heard are valuable for Ginyu teams, just missing Jeice and Ginyu to complete mine.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Petiso posted:

Did the Dragon Stone Multi-summon, didn't get any of Frieza's transformations and my only SR was a TEQ Raditz...

Well, at least I can start a saiyan team with him and the Nappa and Vegeta from the event, I also got a STR Android 19 and a INT Dr. Gero so now I have a full balanced android team with Androids 16 through 20 with a Cell Jr. as a pet. Also got an INT Guldo which I heard are valuable for Ginyu teams, just missing Jeice and Ginyu to complete mine.

I'm not sure if it's worse that you got raditz or not. I'll be honest, I'd be insulted.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Nuebot posted:

So are senzu beans basically mandatory for Z-hard for most missions? Even using green guys on this Z-hard Awakening quest the trash fights are whittling my health down before I even reach the boss.

Depends on how you play. I just realized that I can limit the amount enemies give me on Z-HARD by placing someone who isn't vulnerable to enemy's attacks next to its attack phase.

Z-HARD just basically means that you have to play strategically.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I don't know, he might surprise you. I have the SR PHY Raditz on my primary team- he's a loving bruiser. Just got him Z-Awakened:

My SSR Vegeta is so close to being Z-Awakened.. I have the money, I almost have the levels, just need the loving Supreme Kai token. Going to be running this goddamn map on Z-Hard all day. :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Petiso posted:

Really seems like it depends on which Ginyu guys you get. There's a PHY Guldo, too. The reason the INT one is useful to me is because the INT Ginyu is the SR and I don't have him, I have the R STR one.

I got the other SR STR Frieza 1st Form. Shame his leader ability isn't as general, because he has Brutal Beatdown. Now, if I wanted to do a STR heavy Ginyu team, he'll be good. +25‰ attack to Frieza, Jeice, and Ginyu and links with Guldo and Recoome. :getin: But for general purpose, +15‰ to everyone is much more useful on a balanced team.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Are there 2 different SR Int Captain Ginyus? That's loving bizarre and irritating..

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

I don't know, he might surprise you. I have the SR PHY Raditz on my primary team- he's a loving bruiser. Just got him Z-Awakened:

My SSR Vegeta is so close to being Z-Awakened.. I have the money, I almost have the levels, just need the loving Supreme Kai token. Going to be running this goddamn map on Z-Hard all day. :(

Awesome, I've got him as well. I've been holding him back for Cyborg Tao, but maybe it's time to retire Krillin into the sun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Finally got enough for a second pull on the frieza machine and I got a rainbow of tiens. I got a ton of SRs but I think I might feed half of them to the SRs I actually like because man, these are lame characters.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Forgot to drop my new ID here: 2215375181 (STR SSJ Goku mostly). I don't have a lot of free friend slots, though... Is there any way to increase them other than rankups?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So for that one other person, I started playing Elemental Wings but have no idea what I'm doing besides playing the same stage over and over again while leveling up like 15 levels.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I tried Elemental Wings, too. I think that's what you're supposed to do? I suck at shmups anyway, though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

KoldPT posted:

Forgot to drop my new ID here: 2215375181 (STR SSJ Goku mostly). I don't have a lot of free friend slots, though... Is there any way to increase them other than rankups?

Nope.

I was feeling lucky and did a couple single-summons. Super Saiyan Goku shooting the meteor twice in a row. Got 2 SR's that I've already got - one I don't use whatsoever. Yay.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Next Strike starting Thursday is Mecha Frieza. SR INT I believe.

Worth farming because in the future you could turn your Mecha Frieza with lv10 Super into a SSR Gold Frieza and he'll keep the lv10 Super.

Also you can use all Friezas together on a single team (form 1, 2, 3, Final, Mecha, and Gold) so you might want him for that gimmick.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Any idea how it decides what card your friends see? Is it leader of team 1 or leader of the last team used?

Magna
Sep 3, 2007

Petiso posted:

My two multi-summons gave me one SR each, TEQ Raditz and STR Goku. Raditz definitely seems worthless because of his passive and almost every R was a copy of something I already had, very sad.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Do you use your precious dragon stones to increase character inventory? I'm a bit of a hoarder so I didn't want to lose any R's and SR's I have but I'm thinking that the R's should at least go.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Largepotato posted:

Any idea how it decides what card your friends see? Is it leader of team 1 or leader of the last team used?

I believe it's your leader.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

ChronoReverse posted:

Do you use your precious dragon stones to increase character inventory? I'm a bit of a hoarder so I didn't want to lose any R's and SR's I have but I'm thinking that the R's should at least go.

I've used a few and I think it's worth it. Not having to hit the training menu before every goddamn game is worth more to me than the time it takes to get a few stones.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ChronoReverse posted:

I used a few stones to bump up my inventory size, it's a good idea unless you only want to maintain a single team.

But yeah once you've got a lot of SRs, Rs become training fodder.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

I used a few stones to bump up my inventory size, it's a good idea unless you only want to maintain a single team.

But yeah once you've got a lot of SRs, Rs become training fodder.

Alright, I feel so stingy about the dragon stones though. Fed the R's into making Z-Awakened N's and now I have a shiny Z-Awakened Jackie Chun. Too bad I've been playing it over and over on Hard and Z-Hard but have only managed to grab 5. Would have been nice to have another level 10 super.

I'm going to be playing Mecha Frieza exclusively when the event starts. It won't be for lack of effort that I don't get a Level 10 Super Golden Frieza if I can help it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Next Strike starting Thursday is Mecha Frieza. SR INT I believe.

Worth farming because in the future you could turn your Mecha Frieza with lv10 Super into a SSR Gold Frieza and he'll keep the lv10 Super.

Also you can use all Friezas together on a single team (form 1, 2, 3, Final, Mecha, and Gold) so you might want him for that gimmick.

Wait what how does that work? How do you turn a mecha frieza into a gold one?

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
So what you are saying is you need two Mecha Friezas with lvl 10 super 1 for the team another to make gold frieza

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Fallorn posted:

So what you are saying is you need two Mecha Friezas with lvl 10 super 1 for the team another to make gold frieza

Yeah that's just ideal for my Frieza team. You don't need to max Mecha Frieza's super for the gold form it's just easier to max now than it would be to roll extra gold Friezas to level him after changing.

Nuebot posted:

Wait what how does that work? How do you turn a mecha frieza into a gold one?

It's not in the U.S. Version yet but apparently in Japan there's an event with special Dokkan Awaken medals you have to earn and then you can change a maxed out z-awakened Frieza of any form into a lv1 SSR Gold Frieza. Who can then be awakened to UR like any other SSR, but keeps the original's typing, leader power, and super level.

There's a few other characters that this will be used for too like SR Roshi to SSR 100% Power Buff Roshi or R (SR?)Chi Chi to SR (SSR?)Kid Armor Chi Chi. It's relatively new over there and we're like 6 months behind them so it's kind of a long term prep thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That's pretty cool, but less cool that it keeps their typing and skills. I was hoping for a rainbow team of friezas but there don't appear to be any blue or yellows.