Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Got a SR 1st form Frieza and SR 1st form Cell last night basically one after the other. Cell has links with like 4 of the characters I've been using (including my SSR SSJ Goku) so he's a must-use once I get him leveled up some. Frieza is replacing the R Nappa I've been using which is a nice upgrade.

Is the cyborg Tao from the event any good? The drop rate on Vegeta was so awful I didn't even get one before it ended so I'm not sure if I want to waste my time or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Webbeh posted:

Does the drop rate depend on which level you do it at? The hardest configuration just demolished me (a bunch of level 60s).

Yeah, higher difficulties give better drop rates for these type of events.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I think the Z-Hard difficulty is intended to be tackled by a full team of Z-Awakened SR characters or better. It's just absurdly difficult.

Finished the story mode on Normal, going through it again on Hard now for more dragon stones. I figure by the time I finish that I'll be good to go on Z-Hard now that my whole team is SR except for my Int guy, who I need to replace at some point but he's good for now.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Esroc posted:

Dokkan really needs a colorblind mode. It took me an embarrassing amount of time to notice the differences in orbs and to figure out which attribute corresponds to what color, and I still get tripped up occasionally.

Yeah, I still frequently have trouble differentiating some orbs from one another or occasionally giving someone the wrong color.

We just need symbols for each color inside the orbs and next to the character portraits. Something small would be good.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

You should be feeding duplicates to the same ones you have to power up their super moves FYI

But yeah trading would be cool.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

Combining two of the same character makes their super move level up, so you actually got kinda lucky :)

Only if they're identical.

If you got 'Fatty Combatty' Android 19 and 'Harmless and Armless' Android 19, combining them would not level his super. If they're both the exact same variant, it will.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Esroc posted:

Anyone know if there will be a padx-like wiki site for Dokkan?

i don't know what the puzzle and dragons wiki is like, but the dokkan reddit is trying to get some sort of wiki thing going i believe https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm guessing the Cooler thing is in the Japanese version? U.S. Doesn't have any of that yet

Finally got my team entirely SRs(and a SSR leader) with full type coverage and good links. Doubled up on blue because Roshi has a kamehameha link with my SSR Goku and my Cell, and that's a real nice boost for all three of their supers, which come up frequently.

Can't decide between my SR orange options though. Got a Raditz who links with Goku and a Recoome who's much higher level. Going to try to use Raditz I guess?

I could really use another SSR though. Or any form of Vegeta. He's my favorite dude and I haven't gotten any of him.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If you have a Frieza and a Zarbon with the Metamorphosis link, there's a bug that lets you regen a bunch of health every time you have them together.

Basically you put them on left and middle to trigger the link, take the first turn, then switch the middle one away and back to middle to trigger the link a second time and heal again, take a turn, then drag the final character away from their spot and back into it to trigger the heal a third time.

Each time is generating 5% (per character, so 10% total) of your HP back so it adds up pretty quick.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 26, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Esroc posted:

Anyone know if the multi-summon might give you better drop rates, or is that just wishful thinking?

Everything I've heard says no, it's just there for convenience.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mecha Frieza, Goku (Kid) and a few others are listed in links but not yet available.

You probably won't be able to do an all-Frieza team though, the game usually blocks you from using two of the same character on the same team even if their ranks vary. But maybe the different forms count as different characters like it does with Goku and SSJ Goku? I dunno.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Story event replacing the Gohan one will let you get R Nappa and R Vegeta, presumably also farmable but it's not active yet so not totally sure.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wonder if the game will let me use Master Roshi and Jackie Chun on the same team.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Echophonic posted:

I wonder how good those R Vegeta and Nappa are going to be. I have an SR TEQ and an R STR Nappa and they're pretty soild and we all know about the SR event Vegeta.

Also got a R Spopovich. Why is there an R Spopovich? I mean, he has Brutal Beatdown and Tough as Nails, so heck yeah, but still, why?

Babidi teams will probably be a thing later on when we inevitably get Buu, Dabura, and Majin Vegeta.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah if you need zeni you gotta farm Hercule on weekends. Adds up pretty quick but awakening SSRs still takes a while to do with optimal farming.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Echophonic posted:

What's the sweet spot for XP? I see everyone with higher level dudes than mine and I'm not sure how they're managing.

Story grants the most (1.5x multiplier on it) but outside of that I mostly grind the daily awaken events and get in as many fights as possible. Awaken events give better XP than Strikes in my experience but most importantly don't skip fights. You want to maximize XP earned per stamina spent and you do that by fighting as many dudes as possible.

Also don't feed raw Ns to your dudes, combine like types (or identical ones) once and feed them the lv5 or lv6 results. Worth more XP than the two individuals.

There are a few story missions on Hard where you can get like 8 Ns per run by doing as many fights as possible,but I don't remember them offhand.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 29, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

Hey, anyone just logging in to get Gifts, can you let me know what the Gift message says? I thought it said something about Z-Awakening the Goku you get from the event to get 5 stones but I did that and nothing happened.

If you awakened him today you should probably get them tomorrow

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I z awakened the new event Vegeta because Vegeta's my dude and I'm still annoyed I couldn't get him from the first Strike event. I love the combat stance pose that card art has. It will haunt me forever.

I've got 50 Dragonstones now, I should save them for a rate up event or when they add SSGSSJ Goku right?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Just beat story on Hard. I don't advise tackling z-hard until you z-awaken all your SR guys because otherwise you're prone to getting stomped pretty hard, though you could probably get through the early missions alright to help with XP.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Event owns.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I just got a second SSR Gohan (lol) and SR 2nd form Frieza

Is 1st or 2nd form better? They're both STR so I can only run one.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

Humble-brag, but what are you guys doing with unused, unneeded SR's? I seriously have more reds than I'll ever use. I dropped the $32 and ended up with a SR Chi-Chi, SR Videl, and SR Roshi, and every single loving one of them is red.. with Frieza, Tao, and Krillin, I'm pretty much set on reds. I have this Cui taking up space.

Max and z-awaken that Chi Chi and Roshi, you will be able to Dokkan Awaken them in the future as true SSR cards (kid chi chi and buff Roshi)

I've just been holding onto extra SRs so far, but if you're running out of space you can level them up some and feed them to other cards, or just spend a stone on bigger inventory.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

All of Frieza's forms can be on the same team and link with each other :getin:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I can't decide if I should use form 1 or 2 Frieza on my primary team. Leveling them both up and awakening them to compare stats I guess. We'll see which one is superior.

Form 3 is green which is cool since the other two are red. Starting to fill out a Friezas Only team

Apparently in the future we'll be able to Dokkan Awaken any Frieza form into Golden Frieza so it's worth getting at least one totally maxed out.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tae posted:

I have a higher SSR pull rate than getting this goddamn Jackie Chun card. Goddamnit, is this the most rarest card in existence or some poo poo? For a rare?

Jackie Chun is SR, not R, but yeah the drop rate on Strike events is super low. Just keep at it and you'll get a few eventually.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

A lot of folks were having trouble getting any SR cards at all and I'm sure this is a very good event for them.

It's helped me level a few supers on my SR characters too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I just got SSR Piccolo and SSR Frieza one after the other. My brother is really angry because he's struggling to just get some SR guys. It's a good weekend for me in Dokkan Battle.

So now I've got all Frieza forms, woo. Farming Hercule event a LOT since I've got a lot of awakening to do. Will need to hit the awakening events pretty hard too.

My level isn't high enough to use all my SSRs on the same team though. RIP Frieza, benched until I can use him.

Not sure who's best as my team lead though. Just using SSJ Gohan for now, but blue SSJ Goku seems alright too and final form Frieza is also decent. I guess Gohan's covers my typing better since I've got 2 blues?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

URs are insanely strong, I've got two on my friends list and they just one shot everything. If they super a boss they get one shot too.

I'm sure this slows down deeper into Z-Hard though.

Okay so I've got a bunch of SSRs: Goku (blue), Piccolo, Gohan, and Frieza. I've been using Gohan as lead since it buffs him and Piccolo and the two blues on my team (SSJ Goku and SSR* Roshi) but is that the best leader skill to go with of what I've got available?

Is there any that are just outright better than the others?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Next Strike starting Thursday is Mecha Frieza. SR INT I believe.

Worth farming because in the future you could turn your Mecha Frieza with lv10 Super into a SSR Gold Frieza and he'll keep the lv10 Super.

Also you can use all Friezas together on a single team (form 1, 2, 3, Final, Mecha, and Gold) so you might want him for that gimmick.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ChronoReverse posted:

Do you use your precious dragon stones to increase character inventory? I'm a bit of a hoarder so I didn't want to lose any R's and SR's I have but I'm thinking that the R's should at least go.

I used a few stones to bump up my inventory size, it's a good idea unless you only want to maintain a single team.

But yeah once you've got a lot of SRs, Rs become training fodder.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Fallorn posted:

So what you are saying is you need two Mecha Friezas with lvl 10 super 1 for the team another to make gold frieza

Yeah that's just ideal for my Frieza team. You don't need to max Mecha Frieza's super for the gold form it's just easier to max now than it would be to roll extra gold Friezas to level him after changing.

Nuebot posted:

Wait what how does that work? How do you turn a mecha frieza into a gold one?

It's not in the U.S. Version yet but apparently in Japan there's an event with special Dokkan Awaken medals you have to earn and then you can change a maxed out z-awakened Frieza of any form into a lv1 SSR Gold Frieza. Who can then be awakened to UR like any other SSR, but keeps the original's typing, leader power, and super level.

There's a few other characters that this will be used for too like SR Roshi to SSR 100% Power Buff Roshi or R (SR?)Chi Chi to SR (SSR?)Kid Armor Chi Chi. It's relatively new over there and we're like 6 months behind them so it's kind of a long term prep thing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Batmasterson posted:

Recently in on this and very excited. My ID is 350040143 and I have a lot of room so feel free to toss an invite.

Sent you an invite, I'm Kelp

Also cleared out my list of people who haven't played in like a week so if anyone wants to friend me here's my code:

I've got a purple SSR SSJ Gohan as my leader so I'm useful to have around. Might swap him out for SSR Frieza later on.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New login giveaway event, free SR Kid Goku tonight and then various login gifts for about a week including 7 Dragonstones.

Anyone know if the Kid Goku is any good or what typing he has? I want to keep him around for when we get Kid Vegeta and build a gimmick team of children.

Edit: typing is blue btw

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 6, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

whens gold frieza

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

:siren:Info on Dokkan Awakening from Reddit:siren:

but basically any SR Frieza (including a SR version of final form frieza that we havent gotten yet) can become SSR Gold Frieza, both SR Roshi's can become SSR Roshi, both R Chi Chis can become SR Kid Chi Chi but the rest require specific cards that can become other cards

Kid Krillin is also one of these so anyone who wants a DB themed team with Kid Goku, Chi Chi, and Krillin on it will want to keep an eye out for the SR Krillin that you need. and hold onto an R chi chi.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You're burying the lede here.

We're getting Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyawoman!

yeah also that, which is pretty rad. i hope they have amazing links

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Bee posted:

How do leader skills for Dokkan Awakenings work? If I can get Emperor of Iniquity Frieza's leader skill on a really tough Gold Frieza, I'll be super happy with my original pull.

Edit: Never mind, just checked and it seems like it not only keeps the boost but also makes it a 30% attack up instead of a 15. I now no longer regret shelving event Vegeta instead of Frieza.

Yeah EoI Frieza is probably the best to turn into Gold Frieza. Mine has a lv2 super so unless I get real lucky with Mecha Frieza drops (which I won't, I've only gotten one so far) that's probably who I'll do it to too.

The only problem with Frieza Forms Team is that I'm going to end up with like 3 reds, 2 greens, and 1 purple. Not the best coverage. Good gimmick though, very strong links.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nuebot posted:

So do you need to have a level 10 super for it? Because it seems like the mecha frieza is the only one you could reasonably do that for.

No, that's not a requirement. It's just easier to get the super to lv10 before converting to Gold Frieza than it would be afterwards, when it would require having more Gold Frieza cards to do.

If you can't manage it then just don't worry about it. Very few people will be able to do it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

There's a SR Final Form Frieza available in the Japanese version who's blue actually, apparently he's from a Strike event like Mecha Frieza so also potentially farmable if you're lucky.

He's not SSR like the green one we have but he's potentially a good Gold Frieza candidate. Leader skill is not great though (+2 ki for blue characters) so he's not the best. Helps type coverage at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah, everyone gets a free SR starter and a five stone gift for completing the tutorial. There was also another 5 stones everyone got as part of a promotional thing that has ended, which is what Perpetual Ascent is thinking of.

You can get 7 stones free as part of the current promo thing if you play the game enough days in a row though, on top of the normal login reward stones.