Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

God damnit, I have been randomly using stones. Serves me right I guess. I have it on my phone and I've used 0 stones, yet I still didn't have enough for a multi-pull yet I don't think.

Same. Now I'm seriously considering spending almost New Console Game money on this silly free game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Man, my team is a total goddamn mess for links. I basically have no way to make a team themed around anything, and at best I can kind of cram people in to chains where one dude links to another dude who links to another.

That said, I did get a SR Hercule from this event. Also SR Frieza. I feel like I'm going to have to sit down and write out all the possible links I have, and do some kind of spery spreadsheet action or something.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
It took surprisingly little effort to make a quick and dirty spreadsheet of my cards and their links, which makes it a lot easier to tell what of your whole collection connects. I ended up with a team I probably never would have thrown together otherwise that still manages to have good coverage, a decent theme, and hits crazy hard. I took them on a trial run through the Jackie Chun strike on Hard and only lost because I kept getting terrible draws on Ki and he eventually ground me down.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Nuebot posted:

I have 0 still. I kind of hate you right now.

If it helps, I'm still at zero Robo-Freezers too. I'm starting to wonder if an all-PHY team is actually the best way to approach it. I feel like while I take (a little) less damage I'm also putting out way less because nobody ever seems to get Super and it's even pretty rare anyone gets to 100%. Maybe if I actually had a better group of PHY to run, but I'm thinking I'll swap back to my rainbow team.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Nuebot posted:

He likes to pull out his supers a lot I find. I'm not sure if it's random or not but literally any time I've had a non-PHY type take a hit from him it's been a 13k super. It might be slower with an all PHY team but at least it's consistent now, I wouldn't be able to beat Z Hard anyway.

This is pretty much the entire reason I switched to an all-PHY team. That drat Death Beam, especially when he starts the drat fight with it.

Shine posted:

I'm running all PHY except two, with the two being hard hitters of whatever color. That way I'll always have a PHY to block, but I'll also be able to do more damage and charge the Dokkan meter more quickly and use supers more often.

I might swap in a couple of my heavier hitters of different colors for that reason. Mostly, super aside, I feel like it basically averages out to being almost the same thing either way. Either I do and take a lot of damage to finish it quickly one way or another, or I do and take less and it drags out to more or less the same result.

I'll give the game this, though, it's still fun even hitting a bit of a wall. There's enough strategy that you don't ever have to feel like you just got shafted by the RNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Aurora posted:

No chance in hell that makes it over here

I don't know, J-Stars managed to make it over. There's at least a non-zero chance, though it's not much over zero.