Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
So is this thread gonna link up to the other gatcha game threads in Games? Admittedly there's a bunch of them.

Also I'm still hoping on Bamco to localize one of their Gundam gatcha games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nuebot posted:

Can I mention PAD in here? I've been playing PAD for 700 days. They gave me 10 stones last night for my 700th day.

I've also been playing Final Fantasy Legends: Toki no Suishō and now I'm going to try this dragon ball game. I think I need an intervention.

There's a point where your cycle of gacha games never ends because by the time one energy bar is depleted, another has completely recharged. Even more so if it's a gacha game with decent playtime per energy, which I feel Dragonball does well with. I can only juggle approximately 3 games though and Dragonball's probably getting dropped when Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light comes out over here.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

vulturesrow posted:

What are your gachas of choice then?

I've been playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper for the most part. I used to play Brave Frontier all the time before I just kind of burnt out on it and my life got busier so I stopped playing that and One Piece around the same time. It's probably still solid though since that thread still seems to be active and the game's had a bunch of updates since I stopped. Never really got into PAD and Terra Battle, but I assume they're good if you like that type of gameplay. I started playing Love Live again since I was in the mood for a rhythm game, so if you can stomach school idols, it's a decent rhythm game to kill time with.

Discovered Elemental Wings a couple of weeks ago, it's not really that good but it reminds me strongly of Touhou. It's a Korean Shmup with gatcha mechanics for elements, so there's a decent variety of powers. It's basically only one long level though so it's really just score attack to see how much better you can get. The Korean version seems to have more variety of bosses and music anyways compared to the global version with its one song, so maybe it'll improve at some point.

Speaking of shmups, Cave actually released a gacha shmup this year too. I'd try it, but my 4s can't handle it apparently so it crashes. Bleach Brave Souls also just dropped in Japan today too. It's an top-down action RPG with a team of 3, so that's neat.

Nuebot posted:

FFL is pretty good about it too. Is Super Light coming over for sure though? I played it in Japanese for a while but there was just way too much to keep up with and not enough of it was stuff I could translate and I deleted it out of frustration. Second I find out that's in English I'm grabbing it again.

Yeah, there was a preregistration event that just ended 2 days ago, so I assume it'll launch soon. I'm gonna start with a Bloody Blade!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nuebot posted:

Dang, I wish I knew about it! I can't even find anything about it on google, the top search result is just something in arabic.

I was gonna link you the site, and then I noticed it had already ended. http://dqmsl.garena.com/preregistration/?l=en

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Pro tip for dragonball, though the game tells you too in one of its loading screens. You can hold onto the bottom orb to see how they'll line up, and cancel out by sliding your finger down. Predicting how the orbs will fall is still a crapshoot, but at least you know which color the game will pick when there's a rainbow orb.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Tae posted:

So for that one other person, I started playing Elemental Wings but have no idea what I'm doing besides playing the same stage over and over again while leveling up like 15 levels.

Yep, it's basically one long stage, that repeats itself after you beat the succubus, only now in hell mode so everything is harder. Occasionally you'll do well enough where you'll spawn a boss, where you and your friends basically kill it for tokens so you can summon more lousy 2 star elementals. Otherwise, there's not that much to the game at the moment. I like the song, but wish there was more than one track. Use the weekly elementals if you have nothing better, get 30 friends so you (and they) can gift each every day for easy friend points so you can summon more, and the gifts you get are often useful boosts.

My fire element of choice has been Ruin, but I haven't used many of the others that often because I picked up a 4* Ruin early on and now I'm just used to shooting a scythe boomerang for big damage. The good light elements that I like are Lucy and Voltage, because Lucy's laser shoots through everything so you can ignore shields, and Voltage also just manages to hit everything. Haven't really decided on a water element yet, nothing too impressive from any of the ones I've tried.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
On a whim I decided to try out Naruto Shinobi Collection and Bleach Brave Souls. Naruto is your fairly typical turn-based battle set-up, with the gimmick of also having a runner stage before the battle. Bleach is fun though, since it's a hack and slash. Wouldn't mind picking it up if it were ever localized, since it has some kind of sphere grid system for powering up characters. Kills my phone battery though, and my phone keeps crashing so probably better on newer phones. Didn't bother to try out Jojo and Hunter x Hunter because looks like Jojo is just Monster Strike, while Hunter x Hunter looks kinda boring to play.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I know this thread is basically for Dokkan Battle now but just popping to say Bleach's gatcha game is coming out soon. It's basically a hack and slash game with a party of 3 characters. Preregistration is up if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okVOjEp9uLY

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Here, this just came out in English globally. It controls well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzS10KhTiRg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Played a bit of Bleach. It's like Rune Story