Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Kind-of-newbie here, just started playing a couple of weeks ago.

This Bulma event being worth the obscene rank EXP that it is, I finally broke rank 50, so her whole deal is my first exposure to the potential system. I've got the gist of it figured out, but the main thing I'm curious about is the various 'star' nodes that give me options about which skills to train. Is there an 'optimal' hierarchy/plan to follow with these nodes? I'm assuming the skills on the top row of her stat window are a priority since she hasn't learned even one level of them elsewhere so far, but I'd really appreciate a breakdown of what I should lean toward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Thanks for the advice on the potential system stuff guys.

So what's the best way to farm up on the orbs? I'm certain Bulma's event is spoiling me like hell relative to the actual grind of getting them, particularly given that I don't see any event missions that offer them at all at the moment....

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Can anyone explain to me why the INT Angel Goku from the otherworld challengers event is unable to be reverse-dokkaned for feeding spares to his super attack? I've never done a reverse before but I can't seem to find any sort of exception to the rules that would disqualify him.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Still relatively new to this game, could use some advice on clearing out the less useful SRs from my roster as this new set of banners has bloated me up past my card capacity. I made a box on DBZ space, here's hoping I did it right:

https://dbz.space/box/CidGregor

If any of those SSRs are absolute hot garbage as well then let me know as well but right now as a newbie my instinct is to keep all SSRs.

vvv Edit: should be public now. Thought I clicked it, must not have saved it?

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 3, 2017

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

RBX posted:

The LR Goku stuff is up

https://dbz.space/news/100598-legendary-challenge-campaign-starts

Or not....I guess tonight then. Its not even up on Japan.

gently caress yes, there's bulma and turtle medals available from the special missions. Thank christ. I have no idea how often world tournaments happen but considering I only just started right before the last one and came away with like ten each, the answer was clearly "Not often enough."

Gonna grind the poo poo outta this thing. I don't even care that much about the rewards I just want a drat LR.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Anybody here wanna be my friend and has a good TEQ leader? I'm working on these AGL super strikes and the SS3 goku dokkan and my friends list is super thin on TEQ leaders to help the effort.

User ID: 410605956

(Yes I know my super gogeta leader isn't TEQ himself but I don't really have enough dudes to make a full mono-TEQ team that can handle this event, so I'm taking my heavy hitters like super gogeta and SS4 goku and then tanking with the new UR TEQ bulma, TEQ SS2 goku and whatever TEQ friendleaders I can find.)

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 8, 2017

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

I sent you a friend request as SANinth.

Sweet thanks!

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

RBX posted:

Yeah please don't waste orbs on these guys. It's not worth it.

Are you saying I can clear LR goku with the super strike characters WITHOUT investing potential orbs in them?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Another pile of TEQ orbs, and now a second, discounted summon event that yields Elder Kais?

Man, they really really REALLY want everyone to get LR Goku.

At this point I'm sincerely expecting before the end of the campaign that they'll poo poo out a few free dupes of the base Goku.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Per dbz.space, looks like we're getting LR Hercule tomorrow.

LR Hercule grows out of the TEQ Hercule that's a rare drop from friend summons, right?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, same. I just got him to UR*, so that's a start! Only 230 million Zeni to go to get him to SA20!

I presume you mean you have to spend all that money on another set of awakening medals to train up a second hercule? Or does he somehow allow you to BUY SA levels?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Did dokkan battle ever fix that android compatibility issue they put in a newspost a couple of weeks ago? I don't remember it ever popping up again to say it was resolved, and I've been ignoring the android push notification to update for a few days now.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Got the last medals and dupe I needed to finish LR Piccolo tonight and got him his rainbow star. I avoided dodge on him, but I feel like that a mistake, don't people like dodge on him?

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!

For real though is it worth sitting through 20-some world tournaments to get the full 20SA+potential paths worth of dupes and master marks for him? The potential paths are easy enough since he starts at SSR, but that's a lot of WTs to wait through for max SA.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Wuxi posted:

He's a Piccolo. There's a billion different Piccolos, including one farmable strike card out there for you to pump into him to raise his SA.

Aren't the odds of that only like 5% though? Or is that just because I made the mistake of advancing my Piccolo to UR already?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Wuxi posted:

The SR Piccolo awakened to SSR gives 50% chance for the (undokkaned) SSR Piccolo. You can awaken him to UR, as long as you dont dokkan him to TUR.

That's what I meant, yeah, but I reversed him anyway because I'll need to unlock his potential paths, and I did exactly that. Seems to be working well so far, thanks.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Severedseven posted:

More or less, if you have the willpower to wait for banners that have a lot of good cards you can come out ahead.

I'm having a love-hate with this banner, on that note. No Angel Goku or Masked Saiyan, but I've gotten my first dupe of Super Vegito for his rapid growth potential path, FOUR copies of Goku Black, who I didn't have before at all but is now at like 85% potential, and TEQ ss3 Gotenks, who I also didn't have before. So yeah, overall I'm coming out nicely ahead, but I didn't get the SS3 angel goku I really really wanted.

Also I asked earlier but got no response, does anyone know if Banco ever fixed the compatibility issue with the latest Android OS build they mentioned in a newspost a few weeks ago? I'm kinda sick of putting off this daily update reminder.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Testekill posted:

Someone on my friends list has a f2p TEQ SS3 Goku with 100% hidden potential. I was under the impression that it was pretty mediocre and defo not worth filling out the hidden potential grid.

It's probably me, I am running him as my TEQ leader for now unless I get the new dokkanfest one, and I had a literal mountain of TEQ orbs after that LR Goku campaign.

And yeah he's actually extremely solid.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Mine isn't Super TEQ so I don't get his leader skills, right?
Any 'good guy' will get the "super" tag added to them permanently once you Z-awaken them for the first time, which is fairly trivial.

'Bad guys' get 'extreme' instead.

It's usually obvious but it's important to pay attention when calculating leader/passive skills on certain characters like Vegeta who have loads of cards on both sides.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 21, 2017

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This post lead me to look up what Z-awaken is! I'm one King Kai short of doing that to my SSJ3. Tried a Z-hard TEQ Awakening mission and managed to finish it but I had to use a stone to revive and didn't even get the medal I needed. Shenron gave me one, at least.

If you're doing the type-specific awakening medal missions, it's good to know what color capsules will give which medals so you can aim for them. King Kai will only be in the gold capsules, and although it can technically drop any regular gold-tier medal (i.e. any of the kais), if you're doing the TEQ version then King Kai will be the most likely drop, so just run it again and specifically aim for gold capsules and you'll get some. Shenron is a nice one-time solution, but it's good to know where to look in a more general sense.

And yeah, Z-awakening (and later dokkan awakening) is pretty much critical to advancement. The awakening itself is worth a sizeable stat boost, and it raises the card's level cap as well, so it's pretty much always a good idea to do that ASAP with characters you plan on using regularly.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

I don't understand what's happening here

Is this a crossover event with another game or something

Why is Goku wearing Piccolo clothes

Is that Pikkon please tell me that's Pikkon I want Pikkon to come back

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm fast approaching a point where I can't easily finish the story mode with the lovely characters I have. I'm on 18-6 or so and just barely, through luck, pulling through. I can't get more characters without stones, and the easiest source of stones was story mode. Is this the f2p wall now?

Like the other guy said, definitely go back through story mode on the next difficulty, each one is worth a dragon stone on the first clear and you should be able to get at least half again as far on hard as you did on normal.

If you can spare the stamina, do Pan's Secret Adventure at the highest tier your max stamina will allow for (normally it's only available one attempt a week but right now it's running once a day). It's impossible to lose, it's worth an ungodly amount of rank EXP, and you're guaranteed to get her card (SSR STR Pan) on the first clear as a special mission reward.

And yeah, definitely also do super strike events to fill some holes. It looks like you have a good TEQ team going there, so try aiming for Jackie Chun from Master of Masters, he's probably the best TEQ super strike character.

I'd tell you to go through An Epic Showdown, and grind the poo poo out of it, because the goku you earn from that event is probably the best non-legendary F2P card at the end of his (very long) dokkan cycle, but that endpoint is a different SS3 Angel Goku, which you wouldn't be able to use on the same team as the one you pulled from the banner, due to same name shenaningans. Still, it might be a good side project to consider for the future when you aim to take on the legendary Goku/Frieza events, as ONLY f2p cards are allowed in those.

Good luck man.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I have Jackie Chun at maxed Sp. Attack. I'm following the Dokkan line from Overflowing Resolve Goku and it ends at this card. I don't see a SSJ2 in there, did I miss something?

No, that's the correct endpoint. the previous card in that line, SS Goku (flawless technique), is frequently mistaken for this card, I've noticed; it's also a TEQ super saiyan (2) goku who uses the same amount of the same awakening medal to dokkan.

Anyway, as I mentioned, if you graduate that overflowing resolve goku all the way to the end of his dokkan path, you won't be able to use him and the SS3 angel goku you already have on the same team, due to them having the same name. I believe you COULD however stop at the card before that (flawless technique SS Goku) and use both. However you're obviously going to take a hit in stats, both due to losing the stat gain from the dokkan and the lower level cap, so it's probably not the best long-term solution to filling out a mono-TEQ team. But again, it's still a very good card, especially in events where only free drop cards are allowed, like the legendary campaigns.

Also, just FYI, Super Strike characters can all (I THINK all of them can, anyway?) actually reach super attack level 15 after you dokkan them, so if grinding Jackie Chun's second stage for his character-specific awakening medals is something that is feasible for you, you'll want to build up a second Jackie Chun to SA5 and dokkan him as well so you can train them together for the 15 max. His dokkan-awakened form's SA will block enemies from using supers for two turns, so it's very useful to max out.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 23, 2017

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Man, the terminology and character names in this dumb game are very confusing. I think I've got you now; the Goku I got from An Epic Showdown is a no-go to Dokkan to his last form. I can work on getting Jackie to SA 15, who else should I be looking out to fill out TEQ, from repeatable quests and not just banners?

SS Goku from the legendary campaign is extremely good, but that's an extremely long-term project; it only runs for one day a week, it's pretty stamina-intensive, it required 777 medals to dokkan his final stage, and the stage in which you have to grind those medals is REALLY hard. You might be able to get the base card and the first tier of dokkan awakening from the first two stages, but I can't guarantee that, given that, again, legendary campaigns are "only free cards allowed."

I kind of feel bad for you that you missed out on the TEQ youth Bulma event, because she's got insane healing and defensive passives and would be a great addition, but I don't know if that's something that will be available again in the future. If her event does come up again (I believe it was called Looking for Mr Right), make that a priority, she's valid for legendary campaigns and links well with Jackie Chun in particular.

Someone else mentioned TEQ Goku black, if you see his dokkan event come up, Darkness Shrouding the Future, and I hear that's okay, and grindable if you can consistently beat stage 1 of that event.

You can also look at other Super Strike characters, if you like. I believe there's a Trunks, a Piccolo, Mighty Mask, and one of the Gotenks failures as far as TEQ options, but I've never used any of them so I can't vouch for their viability.

And then last but not least there's TEQ Hercule, who is one of the only worthwhile drops from Friend Point summons and can eventually dokkan all the way up to a legendary card.

Honestly I think that's about it, off the top of my head.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

So here's a pic of my Super AGL box.

My current team is SS4 Vegeta, Super Vegito, Caulifla, SS3 Goku, Spirit Bomb SS Goku, and redhead god Goku.

I'm mostly satisfied with it right now, but I feel like redhead god Goku is a serious weak link without a dokkan awakening. Caulifla doesn't have one either but at least she has insane dodging going for her on defense, so I'll probably keep her, but anyway. Are any of my current box options viable replacements? I've heard ultimate gohan is decent, and that Whis is a good healer and grindable but lacks a dokkan as well. Beyond that I'm in the dark.

I'm also willing to consider swapping out Spirit Bomb SS Goku because his links are....not terrible but definitely below average. But since he was a free card from one of those anniversary events he was grindable to rainbow star so I'm reluctant to drop that advantage.

SS3 Goku also feels like he's lagging behind a bit, but he links pretty well so I'm willing to keep him on for now in light of that 'next tier of awakening' jazz that I assume will eventually trickle down from the JP version, or possibly in case he gets a rebirth/rebalance.

If any of my current cards are not great choices for replacements, any suggestions on cards to strive for?

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 12, 2017

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Same question as before, but super STR instead of AGL.

Right now my team is SS4 Goku, Super Gogeta, SS2 Gohan, SS GT Trunks, SS3 Goku, and Pikkon. The last two feel kind of weak (and worse, they have zero links together), and while SS3 Goku is at least Dokkaned and links well with the various other super saiyans, Pikkon remains un-dokkaned, and I don't know if "Arise Otherworld Challengers" is ever coming back so that I can dokkan him (that event came up more or less right as I was starting the game and I wasn't able to play it out completely). So, could any of the rest of this box make a viable replacement(s)?

Right now what I've been advised as a good first option is to replace Pikkon with SS GT kid Goku, since I have plenty of Master's Marks to dokkan him, and he should be an across the board upgrade from Pikkon. Other than that, though, I'm not sure what the best option is. Super Trunks might be okay, I guess? Maybe one of those SS Gokus? I just don't know if any of them would be better than SS3 Goku. Any advice is appreciated.

And of course, if that event ever comes back I'll definitely revisit/reconsider Pikkon, because even without a Dokkan he's actually done okay for himself. Just still trailing a bit too far behind for my liking.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 20, 2017

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Wuxi posted:

I'm going to assume that SSJ3 Goku is SA1. Your best bet is actually to stick with Pikkon, farm him up to SA10 with his AGL Strike variant. Then replace SSJ3 Goku with the Baba Shop Roshi, who is a great support unit.
Baba Shop Roshi, huh? I'd heard the Baba Shop characters are generally not worth it. What makes Roshi so good?

quote:

Pikkon actually links decently well with the team (he has at least Prepared for Battle with everyone of the main rotation and also Shocking Speed with SSJ4 Goku) and, well, he has the free SA10, which is a pretty big deal. The dokkan isn't actually that much needed for him. Yes, it gives him extra stats and a higher passive, but he has his Greatly reduces Attack super even undokkaned.
Interesting, I didn't think Pikkon had quite that much going for him. I mean his defense was pretty solid even without the dokkan, but still. I guess I'll work on his SA farming for now, at least.

quote:

Long term you can farm up your angry rage SSJ Goku up to SA10, he has an amazing dokkan on JP and will easily replace your SSJ2 Gohan (or Muten Roshi/Pikkon if you've replaced Gohan by then)
I'm kinda surprised to hear I should replace SS2 Gohan, he seems pretty solid, being so ki-independent, he's basically never not hitting his super. Is rage Goku really that much better? (I assume you mean this one?)

Also, what do you mean by farming his SA long term? Is there an easily farmable SS Goku I should know about? The only one I can think of is the drop from LR Goku, which is not ideal.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Robin357Lazarus posted:

Any recommendations on guides or the best way to progress in DBZ Dokkan Battle as a new player? I just started a week ago and getting a little overwhelmed with the amount of content. Should I complete the main quest? Are there must-do 'dailies' I should invest my stamina in? Should I Z-awaken my team?

Main quest is good for free stones the first time you complete each mission on each difficulty, definitely do that here and there, but don't worry about totally dedicating yourself to it.

Don't worry about any event labeled "dokkan," "hidden potential," or "prime battle," until you're a little further along, you'll need high-level, well-built teams to take on most of those missions.

As was mentioned, do Pan's Secret Adventure on Sundays at the highest tier you have the stamina for; it's impossible to lose, you get ungodly rank EXP, and the first time is worth a guaranteed SSR card of Bee Pan through special missions (multiple completions and rare drops in that mission will give more dupe copies for raising her super attack level and awakening her hidden potential later). This event is only doable once a day, but lately it has been running all weekend so you can get it three or four times this weekend if that hasn't gone away yet.

Always Z-awaken characters you plan to use. It raises all their stats as well as their level cap so they can get even stronger. The only caveat to this is to make sure you have the team cost to afford it first, as Z-awakening raises a character's team cost as well. If not, just wait a few ranks, you gain team cost from pretty much every rank up. The same general advice applies to dokkan awakenings, when you get to that point (it's a further tier of awakening that transforms them into a new, more powerful card with an even higher level cap, though they start over at level 1).

"An Epic Showdown" is a great event for a beginner to grind, as it will eventually net you one of the best free cards in the game. It's also the longest awakening path in the game (R teq goku becomes SR agl angel goku becomes SSR teq super saiyan goku becomes UR teq SS ANGEL goku becomes TUR teq ss3 angel goku), so it's a bit of a project, but it's worth it. That being said, it's the only card that starts at rarity R worth your time. Any other cards of rarity R or below are not worth bothering with, trade them for Baba points (or just sell them, if they're rarity N, Baba won't take those.)

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Quick note about dupe cards if it hasn't been explained already: training one of your characters with a character of the same name has a chance to raise your character's super attack level, up to a max of 10 (usually; there are special cases with a max super attack level of 15 or 20). If the training partner is the EXACT SAME card, it's guaranteed. Long term, though, as you start building teams exclusively with SSR cards, those exact dupes are better used for unlocking hidden potential. This unlocks when you Z-awaken an SSR character, revealing a sphere-grid-like upgrade system, with four big locks blocking certain portions that can be opened by spending exact duplicates of that card (regardless of if you've actually reached those locks, so don't worry about space hoarding). Once you've unlocked all four of those, any further dupes can be safely spent on training up super attack level.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 6, 2017

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What kind of team are people using to complete the "under 65 team cost" supreme kai missions?

I'm using the free SSR Yamcha from the JP vs Global event a while back, a couple of super strikes, and the cheapest friend I can find. No matter what you're going to be leaving at least two or three blank slots.

You could also temporarily train up a few N or R cards. N Chaotzu is like 4 team cost, and I was using him for the one that required a tien and a chaotzu anyway.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

it's too late for that I blew all my stones on the gotenks banner and the power banner (which gave me a max level super buu I have no idea what to do with)

I guess I should just progress through the story but there's so many events and I have no idea what is/isn't worth doing

Quoting myself from a couple of pages ago when advising another newbie, somewhat updated and cleaned up:

Main quest is good for free stones the first time you complete each mission on each difficulty, definitely do that here and there, but don't worry about totally dedicating yourself to it.

Don't worry about any event labeled "dokkan," "hidden potential," or "prime battle," until you're a little further along, you'll need high-level, well-built teams to take on most of those missions. Hidden Potential is probably the easiest of those, though, so don't feel shy about trying them sooner rather than later; but be advised, they can only be attempted once a day, win or lose.

Do Pan's Secret Adventure on Sundays at the highest tier you have the stamina for; it's impossible to lose, you get ungodly rank EXP, and the first time is worth a guaranteed SSR card of Bee Pan through special missions (multiple completions and rare drops in that mission will give more dupe copies for raising her super attack level and awakening her hidden potential later).

Always Z-awaken characters you plan to use. It raises all their stats as well as their level cap so they can get even stronger. The only caveat to this is to make sure you have the team cost to afford it first, as Z-awakening raises a character's team cost as well. If not, just wait a few ranks, you gain team cost from pretty much every rank up. The same general advice applies to dokkan awakenings, when you get to that point (it's a further tier of awakening that transforms them into a new, more powerful card with an even higher level cap, though they start over at level 1).

"An Epic Showdown" is a great event for a beginner to grind, as it will eventually net you one of the best free cards in the game. It's also the longest awakening path in the game (R teq goku becomes SR agl angel goku becomes SSR teq super saiyan goku becomes UR teq SS ANGEL goku becomes TUR teq ss3 angel goku), so it's a bit of a project, but it's worth it. That being said, it's the only card that starts at rarity R worth your time. Any other cards of rarity R or below are not worth bothering with, trade them for Baba points (or just sell them, if they're rarity N, Baba won't take those.)

About dupe copies of cards: training one of your characters with a character of the same name - that is, exactly the same name, but not the exact same card - has a percentage chance to raise your character's super attack level, up to a max of 10 (usually; there are special cases with a max super attack level of 15 or 20). If the training partner is the EXACT SAME card, it's guaranteed. Long term, though, as you start building teams exclusively with SSR cards, those exact dupes are better used for unlocking hidden potential. This unlocks when you Z-awaken an SSR character, revealing a sphere-grid-like upgrade system, with four big locks blocking certain portions that can be opened by spending exact duplicates of that card (regardless of if you've actually reached those locks, so don't worry about space hoarding). Once you've unlocked all four of those, any further dupes can be safely spent on training up super attack level.

Hope that helps.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 21, 2017

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

That's really helpful, actually! I also got the SR Angel Goku separately from the R Goku so can I just focus on Dokkan-ing that one or does it have to start from the R?

Echophonic posted:

The SR's the same card, so it doesn't matter. You can Dokkan the R ones to raise the super attack on that one, though. Since they go the same card, you can smash 9 together and Dokkan that one. You definitely want get free cards to Super Attack 10 before you Dokkan them, if you can.

Yeah, basically mash nine R Gokus together into a single one at SA9, dokkan him once, and he'll become the SR Angel goku, and since it's the exact same card, ALL NINE levels will carry over guaranteed. After that you'll just have to get 4 more R gokus and dokkan them up individually for hidden potential path unlocks once your base goku reaches UR, which will be once you Z awaken the next tier, SSR TEQ super saiyan Goku. You won't have to Z-awaken those other four dupes though, just getting them up to where they're the exact same card again will suffice.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

So Santa Roshi is for all intents and purposes an Elder Kai, is that correct?

Also what's the best option for the God Dragon Stone? I have everyone on the list but INT Ultimate Gohan, but with AGL SS3 Goku having that whole extreme Z-awakening thing coming up (presumably), unlocking a potential path there seems like it might be the better option.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Wuxi posted:

Please don't go for Dodge, its a very very bad stat. You only get ~1% chance per level, compared to 2% per AA/Crit level

I'm actually curious about this, is it worth building for dodge on a character like Caulifla who already has high dodge chance? Like, will the dodge skill in hidden potential add to her existing dodge chance, or is it an additional separate check entirely? I assume it wouldn't be that worth it if it were a separate check at 15%-ish chance, but if it can turn her 50% dodge chance into like 60-70% that might be worth looking at.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Testekill posted:

That new Vegito Blue has a pretty neat leader skill. It's a super rainbow leader which gives 120% to all stats and +3 ki if you have a super character of each type in your party.

I am 100% in favor of this, mono teams have been the meta for so long, I'm really looking forward to rainbow teams being viable again. As amazing as PHY vegito blue is, the +50% stats just doesn't compare anymore.

I assume you need to cover the five types in your core team for it to count, yes? Like, you can't have 4/5 and then a friendleader to cover the 5th? It would be consistent with the kai trials at least, friendleaders don't count for those requirements (other than the stupid loving team cost limit challenges).

Also what would be the optimal team here? I'm assuming it's basically the entire lineup of mono 120% leads?

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 29, 2017

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Squallege posted:

It's finally here! The return of the universe 6 banner! No Kefla, SSB Goku, Whis, Golden Freeza are the other featured cards. Wow

I've done two pulls so far. First pull was two copies of Kale where before I'd had none, second pull had INT Perfect Cell which was also new, AGL Gold Frieza which was a first dupe, and the featured blue Goku which was also new. Not bad!

I've been running the other AGL blue Goku in my super AGL team, but I'm told this one is actually the superior model long term?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Fasha also gives you a higher percentage, being a TUR instead of a UR, not that they really explain what a higher percentage means. I don't think there's enough TUR Peppy Gals for a full team yet, anyway.

You couldn't run a full team currently, no. Technically there's seven, but that includes two youth Bulmas and two Android 18s, so you'd actually only be able to run 5 of them.

Which is a real shame. Obvious choices like Caulifla and Kale aside, I really wouldn't mind a TUR Videl or Vados or Lady Saiyaman.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

We really need a WT. I’ve been farming the super strike nerds this week to get a team for LE goku (and like six years from now frieza) farming but I can’t dokkan any of them. How often does the WT come around?

It's not on a consistent schedule or anything, but this IS the longest break between tournaments since I've started playing, so we're due for another soon. Maybe it'll be in part 2 of the new year's celebration events?

That's a shame about your super strike guys, though. I had the same problem a while ago, but I'm guessing you weren't around for the LR goku campaign? There was a huge wad of special missions while that was going on that just shat out bulma/turtle medals. I'm sitting on over a hundred of each now.

---

Unrelatedly, this might be the weirdest multi-summon I've ever pulled.

I'm not complaining or anything, but I don't think I've ever gotten a multipull before with all Rs and SSRs, with no SRs.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Oh, cool. So I guess I just need to farm a fuckload of medals to dokkan more of them. Oh. poo poo that’s a lot of work. Thank god for half stam I guess

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, we'll probably get half-stamina for all the relevant events, so it shouldn't be TOO crazy.

Also several of the lower tier events you would need to grind have newer stages nowadays that they didn't have before that drop 7 medals instead of 1, so instead of having to do super gogeta or ultimate gohan's events like ten times each, you only have to do it once or twice. So that's a time-saver. Assuming you can actually clear the new version anyway.

Any word yet on what the rewards are for completing the LR campaign this time?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

soscannonballs posted:

I wasn't looking at any specific ones since I don't know which ones I really need yet. My current team is all TEQ guys using Perfect Supremacy Golden Frieza as my leader. The rest of my team is:
Super Evolution of Despair SSJ3 Broly
Confronting the Darkness Trunks Teen Future
First Step of the Plan Hell Fighter #17
Savage Speed Frieza 3rd Form
Proof of a Warrior SSJ Gohan GT

Yeah like Wuxi said, keep pulling on the Broly banner with your stones, that's gonna get you the best value as a newbie right now. Since you got the SS3 Broly already (not that dupes would be bad, but again, save it for the potential system instead of raising super attack), the other featured card you really want is Masked Saiyan, which will probably immediately replace the GT Gohan; he does not have a dokkan awakening, so he's going to cap at a way lower level than everything else on your team. Plus he's a hero so he won't get the full leader skill benefit once you're ready to make Broly your leader. Teen Future Trunks will probably also have to go eventually, because again, hero, but he's a much more solid space filler for now.

If you manage to pull AGL SS4 Vegeta, congratulations, that's another of the 'god lead' characters in your pocket, and also possibly the tankiest character in the game I think? So if you're lucky enough for that, put some thought into finding/building up some AGL heroes. The free Vegeta that's available right now in a story event would be a good start, though that's only available for about four more days so get on that quick if you do. (EDIT: And on that note, consider doing a multipull on that event's banner, "The indomitable Saiyan Prince," before it goes away on the 8th. The STR Vegeta featured there is extremely good, every multipull is guaranteed to give a featured SSR, and your first multipull is a guaranteed coinflip between the Vegeta and INT Beerus, who also isn't bad even though you mostly want the Vegeta).

As for which dokkan events you want/need to do, are you considering going for the LR androids campaign? It's a big project, but you still have a solid two weeks to pull it off even in part. And most of the relevant dokkan events are pretty doable, as they're pretty much all earlier ones (with the exception of the Super Janemba/Gogeta events which both got new stages recently, but you can probably handle the old stages and the campaign don't require as many of those medals anyway). The only one you'd probably have serious trouble with is Majin Buu (ultimate gohan), since he's INT, doesn't have a lower-tier stage to grind for fewer medals, and is also tanky as gently caress.

If you're not interested in the LR androids, then the only other dokkan events you should concern yourself with for your extreme TEQ team are SS3 broly, Gold Frieza, and if you get him, Masked Saiyan. They're all very tough and I dunno if you could do the super tier of any of them except maaaaaaybe Gold Frieza, but you might be able to take the Z-hard versions if you don't mind a slower grind.

If you can't do ANY of these, though, don't get discouraged. Dokkan events are some of the toughest stuff the game has to offer, so don't worry if you can't take them on in your first week of playing the game. Just keep growing your collection and you'll get there in time.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 3, 2018

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

soscannonballs posted:

Thanks for all the tips, I think I am going to keep doing story mode for now, although I did pick up the TEQ Piccolo from the Divine Demonic Namekian Warrior Event, and since the ZHard level gives me so much rank exp I am using my last 14 stamina to do it twice for a guaranteed rank up while powering up my Piccolo's super attack.

Edit - What's the best way to get Supreme Kai awakening medals? I have all my awakening medals except him, and all my guys need it.

That's a decent piccolo, and if you ever get your hands on the INT piccolo from world tournament rewards that becomes an LR, the TEQ piccolo can be farmed to raise his super attack. Really though him and most other super strike characters make for great roster space fillers and free card options for certain free-card-only events. The TEQ super strike options in particular are really good, especially Jackie Chun.

Supreme Kai (and Elder Kai) medals are the rarest tier of 'regular' awakening medals, so they're not easy to farm, but your best bet is to run any of the five awakening medal missions on Z-hard. The odds are strongest that you'll get medals for whatever element stage you pick (hence I'd recommend the TEQ version since it sounds like most of your early roster is TEQ), but there's still a small chance that other medals can drop. Aim for gold capsules, they're the only ones that might be elder/supreme kai, and even if they're not, the directional kai medals are a bit on the rare side early as well, so that's hardly a loss.

Another option is to snag them whenever you see them in Baba's point shop. They're not cheap, but as your roster grows and you start building all-SSR teams you'll be trading her a lot more crummy SRs and the baba points start to add up fast. Also baba shop sales are occasionally a part of the celebration events they do so that can knock the price down somewhat.

You can also wish for piles of awakening medals from dragonballs, if I recall, and they will also come in occasionally from login bonuses, but those obviously are one time, non-farmable solutions.

Other than that, just prioritize the purple and gold capsules anytime you see them on a map, they will always have a chance to be elder/supreme kai medals.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Help me salvage my kind of weak super TEQ team:

Currently I am running SS3 Angel Goku lead, LR Goku, SS3 gotenks, youth Bulma, SS2 Goku (surpassing the limits), and Jackie Chun, but it's not linking very well and I'd like to beef it up. I'm definitely probably gonna drop the SS2 Goku, and possibly Jackie Chun/Bulma as well, but unfortunately I don't think I have much in the way of good replacement options.

I can probably strike candy vegito because no dokkan, and free ss3 angel goku and the regular ss goku because same name shenanigans, and Blue Vegeta is a good candidate for immediate inclusion, but beyond that I'm stumped. Baba Shop Krillin is pretty farmable and could be easily rainbow-starred, which is a plus, and Giant Ape Bardock might sync up for a few of the common saiyan links, but I am not sure how well they'd fit in otherwise. Also I hear Whis and Beerus tend to go well together, but I don't know how good their TEQ forms are. Hercule obviously has the draw of being LR tier, but I'm still a ways off from getting him to LR form (need a couple more potential paths opened), and even then I'm doubtful he links well.

Thoughts? And/or suggestions for characters to aim for in future banners/events? Never did luck into SS4 gogeta, so I'll keep an eye out for that, obviously, but that's all I can really think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Wuxi posted:

SSJ3 Angel Goku - SSJ3 Gotenks

LR Goku - SSJ2 Goku

Floater: SSJ3 Angel Goku, Krillin, Bulma

Things to look out for: SSJ4 Gogeta (obviously), SSJ Bardock (replacing SSJ2 Goku, who moves into the floating position replacing Bulma).
Next big banner for this team is going to be TEQ SSB Vegito, who is both Super TEQ and the 2nd hardest hitting unit in the game.

Huh, I'm surprised there's not a place for Blue Vegeta here. SS2 Goku was one of the ones I was expecting to drop, he was literally the first character I ever got and then never saw another copy, so he really feels like he's lagging behind. But if he links that well with LR goku then I won't complain.