Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I've finished all the Normal and Hard missions as well as some Z-Hard missions to scratch up another 50 dragonstones. Shall I be a sucker and pull another multi-roll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I just left the no-SSR club. Acquired STR SSR Goku and I'm elated. I'm not going to be greedy and complain it wasn't SSR Bardock or SS2 Goku.

Wow, I was really starting to think that SSR draws were all lies trying to convince me to spend precious real currency buying virtual dragon stones.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 18, 2015

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Aurora posted:

This is bugging me because everything happens so slowly when I try to move tiles or pick up anything

No, it's perfectly smooth on my Galaxy S4. What phone/tablet are you playing it on?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Aurora posted:

I'm using an Andy emulator to play it because my phone's data plan is awful. Battle screens are fine but if the maps get big it lags to hell. I've tried bumping up the settings in the virtual machine settings but it doesn't really seem to help very much.

Is that for PC? I've heard that Droid4X is much faster so you could transfer your data there and try it.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You basically have to bring multiple Z-TEQs if you want to reasonably take down Frieza on Z-Hard. Still going to take over 20k damage but luckily he doesn't attack too often.

I'm a little torn over using the 50 Jeremy's I finally saved up to awaken the SSR STR Goku I finally drew. I guess I'll have to do it eventually but I'm always running short on the cricket.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I did Mecha Frieza on hard over 300 times and z-hard a dozen times before I finally got him to level 10. I'm still burnt out over the strikes right now.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Senzu are farmable (with a drop rate of over 25%, I'm getting 50% so far) in The Wayward Champion on Z-Hard, where you fight Jackie Chun. Very short level so it's not hard if you have a purple team. Suddenly a host of Z-Hard missions became easier when I found this out because now I'm not a miser with senzu.

Does anyone know if Ox King could be farmed somehow? Because he's just as good as a senzu considering he's reducing damage _TO_ 25% instead of by 25%.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I won't get him but I intend to save my remaining dragon stones for Beerus (hahaha, I'm going to get another SR fat saiyan).

I must admit, the event characters are very capable and there's a non-zero chance I can get them to super attack 10.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Speaking of denial, oh my god I just got SSJ Bardock. That makes three natural SSRs in a week.

I have 100 stones ready for Perfect Cell and SS2 Gohan tomorrow. Always hopeful, never give in to despair.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Good luck!

Oh god, I just realized that now I need two Supreme Kai medals. Those only drop on Z-Hard medal missions, right? :negative:

They can drop from regular Z-Hard missions either from the bosses or from the gold awakening capsules. Very low chance though so good luck.

If you log in all 10 days of the 6 million download event, you will get a Supreme and Old Kai medal. If you log in 30 days, you'll also get the set.

I don't believe I'll ever have 4 natural SSR's so that's plenty for me especially since I have an extra Supreme Kai that randomly dropped for me (which I have nothing to use it on).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, that's a decent Gohan for new players because for an R, he hits like a truck and is easy to farm to super attack 10.

I'm a little disappointed to say the least but I do hope the Cyborg Tao and AGL Vegeta come back so I can grab them since I missed those events.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Oh wow, figured they fixed that..

There are quite a number of levels that are fairly easy even on Z-Hard (relatively speaking of course). This one isn't an outlier in that sense but it does give a great deal of experience as well as a level where Old and Supreme Kai are known to drop (rarely).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You're better off doing a mission like Cell's Ambition to get a ton of N grunts to awaken and feed to your characters if you want character experience.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I assume you know about Wayward Champion for Senzu right?

For Dende, yesterday's awakening medal's Baba was giving them out at an over 50% clip but today's doesn't seem to be doing that.

Incidentally, if anyone know where I can farm Ox Kings, that would be great.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I'm not familiar with the Wayward Champion thing?

Play it on Z-Hard (the boss is Green) and it will drop senzu at a rate of about 33%. I was popping senzu like candy for a while when I was doing all the Z-Hard missions (although I'm strong enough now that most of them don't require items).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

In other news, I I have the best luck on the planet in this game.. I died in a level being cocky and decided to burn a stone on it because I'd gotten some juicy capsules, so I dropped some cash for a 6 pack of stones. I'm impatient so I did a YOLO roll and got SSR Str SSJ Goku. This makes my 6th SSR- 2x Teq SSJ Vegeta, 2x Agi SSJ2 Goku, 1x SSJ Bardock, and now this.

I'm so, so sorry.

I will find you and eat you to claim your luck! Seriously, congrats on that, I'll keep my jealousy to a minimum.

[edit]freudian slip?

I wish they cycled from the start instead of starting on Kid Gohan again even if Kid Gohan is great

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 25, 2015

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Eh, I have 9 million sitting around. I could use a SSR or two to work on plus I have the reward Supreme Kai medals too.

This game's brutal RNG though...

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, getting two from pulls pretty much means you have better than average luck already assuming you'd using the free stones.

Has anyone here managed the 10 Support Items mission btw?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Drop rate on this event seems pretty good. Lots of gold capsules as well.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Whoa, if a character activates Guard Break, not only does his own attack ignore blocking, any subsequent attacks in the same turn do too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
He's the easiest strike to get to +10 and the level drops great loot. I don't see why not get him to +10

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Whelp 100 dragon stones down the drain. That is all.

I want Perfect Cell.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I didn't get him but I had a friend with the new Gohan and his kamehameha does that too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

I'm presently focused on finishing the Z-HARD achievements - notably the super/extreme team achievements. Getting closer to completing these, which makes for a good time-waster once you've demolished story on HARD/Z-HARD.

I'm almost done those (only Super PHY and STR left). Only the grind 1000, login and 10 support items missions are left for me.

I like being able to run the Z-Hard events without using items though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I have Kid Vegeta already but decided to try to get Super Attack 10. Bad idea, he just won't spawn.

Does he only spawn in the Planet Vegeta mission?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

You and me both. Into the fodder pool he goes!

He'll work nicely with my Jackie Chun Level 10 Super.

How did you get Jackie Chun past Super Level 6? I thought you could only get 6 of him from the event?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

Not that I'm aware of. Was able to farm him to get 10.

Oh, I guess he randomly drops afterward? I should've known.

Also, with the new update, unless I'm misinterpreting, it looks like there's an icon indicating the enemy character is about to do a Super!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Grind harder. I played Mecha Frieza well over 200 times.

The new Angel Goku is pretty nice though. His super is Extreme damage and looks sweet. I already had the medals needed to dokkan awaken him immediately.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

There's no way to get a second one of that Goku is there? He's long gone for me.

Supposedly an event in the JP version (of course) allows grinding for more. Makes me wonder if I should just play JP instead.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, but he'd be competing with Determined Defender Goku and Secret Arts Unleashed Yamcha for AGI and I'm not sure he's up to snuff.

He's easily better than Secret Arts Yamcha. Unfortunately Defense-down abilities are not very effective due to the way defense work. Even dropping the enemies down to 0 DEF like my Guldo can do doesn't increase damage very much whereas 5% healing every other turn is a nice combo with Extreme super damage (and 15% greater ATK if you choose to use him as the leader.

It's a tougher choice with Determined Goku who has much better stats as well as sheer attack power and I think Determined Goku exceeds Angel Goku. But you can always run both (I have no UR AGI so it's good to have both for me).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Speaking of kamehameha links, do links double-stack?

Let's say I had Successor Gohan, Determined Goku and Jackie Chun on a single turn. If Determined Goku in between the other two kamehameha characters gets a super, does the link activate twice for +5000 ATK or does he only get +2500 ATK?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Could you explain the Defense Down part or link to more info?

Let's say we're fighting Pikkon with Goku who did 20000 damage with his super.

If you have a skill that increases Goku's ATK by 25%, then you'll deal 25000 damage. Good deal.

On the other hand, if you had a skill that decreases Pikkon's DEF to 0 (zero), you still won't do 25000 damage. I don't know the damage formula, but the amount DEF matters for reducing damage seems to be minuscule.

Now even better that ATK up and DEF def are ATK down skills. For some reason those are bugged (or the damage calculation is weird) to be doubly effective. If you have TEQ 17 as your leader and friend, that's 2x2x25% and Pikkon will only do 10 damage (the minimum) to you because he has effective 0 ATK.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
There's also a good chance the next new pull is Kaio-ken Goku which I so want.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Cozz posted:

Has anyone been able to get the 10 Support Items Mission? I only have that, Super PHY, and 90 day login left.
Supposedly Terror Returns - Attack of the Elites on NORMAL has a decent chance of it but so far I've only seen 6-9 blues on the map. I bet even if 10 showed up the numbers will conspire to make me miss some.

Echophonic posted:

If they'd give me another Supreme Kai, I'd start on SSR Piccolo in earnest, but no. I guess I have to pick between AGI Goku, INT Chiaotzu, or STR Tien to awaken next.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. SSR Piccolo is pretty lacklustre. And you'll have more zeni then you'll know what to do with eventually. I have over 12 million right now and I only played Hercule to get the dragon stones. I don't even know how much Angel Goku costed because it didn't matter anymore.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 18, 2015

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Kaio-ken Goku has a lot of good links that add Ki plus his Super has a bonus of TRIPLING his (already decent) ATK for the rest of the fight. He's not a great leader but is a great addition to many teams.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
There's a better version in the future that gives Kai medals apparently.

Only thing good thing about the current Snake Way is the 10 support item mission

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Frankly, it's easier to run Z Hard Korin and just use the items from there to level up high level characters. For characters below 40, use awakened N grunts.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Unless you're running out of space, not really. You can always use it as training fodder too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
If you have Chilled, use him as leader and keep an eye out for a Chilled partner (or even better, TEQ 17).

It doesn't matter if you're doing peanuts in damage if Vegeta's Super does less than 6000 damage (except the first one which somehow bypasses ATK reduction skills).

If you have TEQ 17 as your leader and have TEQ 17 as your partner, look forward to 10 damage from Vegeta each time! TEQ SR Chiaotzu also has a 25% ATK reduction on AGL whenever he's on the screen so another character you can use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

My issue is that I never awakened my Chilled. Once I do that, I feel like he'll be more relevant than just his leader ability. I added PHY SSJ Vegeta for my extra damage reduction. That Chiaotzu is good to know, though. Didn't realize he had that.
The ability to reduce damage by 20% (40% in reality because of either a bug or a quirk in the way it works) is more critical than the benefits of awakening Chilled. Assuming you can get a partnering Chilled, even a level 1 Chilled is of greater benefit than even TEQ SSR Frieza! I don't think I can overemphasize how much easier it is to win Z-Hard fights when you're not taking 10-20k damage.