Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I've been rolling 5 rare-awakened z-fighters (with Yamcha the highest rarity) and a filler for basically since the game came out. Not by choice, my pulls have been poo poo outside of an SSR Vegeta that's been useless because it's a green when Goku/Gohan are already green.

It's super annoying. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have a higher SSR pull rate than getting this goddamn Jackie Chun card. Goddamnit, is this the most rarest card in existence or some poo poo? For a rare?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So for that one other person, I started playing Elemental Wings but have no idea what I'm doing besides playing the same stage over and over again while leveling up like 15 levels.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I thought once you get a strike unit, that's it?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wait, what about the Vegeta/Nappa event?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The starting team is really good, honestly. Fully-awakened Neutral Z-fighters are very strong, easy to fully power-up, and have reliable links. Combine that with the Gohan event and you have a team that can clear Hard on a high enough level.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

2 Mecha Freizas in 10 minutes, redemption after getting a lovely duplicate rare from my summon pull

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bad news, I got yet another rare from my dragonstone pull goddamnit

good news, it's my first krillin....?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Kind of surprised they're bothering to give Cold anything considering how much of a chump he was. Is it just me though or is there a serious over abundance of STR types?

Raditz has multiple cards with a huge list of links, and King Cold is what gives pause?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My one 50 stone summon attempt also got me a bunch of meh poo poo. As much as I get salty over constant rare pulls, it's probably better to do individual summons if I want a high-tier card.

On a side-note, Brutal Beatdown is a pretty good link for a bunch of seemingly random cards.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

How many character slots do you guys have? I just upgraded to 40 because christ, feeding my neutral into another neutral was not worth saving a stone.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

First time I've seen an Ultra card, they do a lot of damage!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kill me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bardock event is up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I am goddamn cursed with rolls. I got Borgos twice in a row, I hate this game. Never get anything above a rare ever again.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I got really sad when I realized all these SRs are just awakened R's and I forgot about them. I have only one SSR, and maybe a few natural SR's. Literally my only SSR was from my first pull, and this game's like two months old now?

Ugh. The worst part is that my SR's are scattered so I can't cobble together a good team to take on any Z-hard missions.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

-Fish- posted:

Burning through story missions as fast as I can for Dragon Stones. Really want Super Saiyan Bardock and Fasha. Also, what is the purpose of Zenny in this game? So far I can't find any use for it except the occasional Baba tile.

Zeni is used to pay for awakenings. You don't notice it because the promotions basically give everyone way more money than one normally sees.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What the gently caress is with my game, is it rigged

Literally third Borgos in a row from my summon pull

Give me a goddamn rare I don't have at the very least, there's like a billion

I'd even settle for rare Yakkon, gently caress

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think it weights pulls towards newer characters (with the exception of SSR). Like 50 to 70% of what I got each pull was the new Bardock team. If you're really averse to those guys just wait for the next event.

Welp, guess I'll just save my stones for the next event because Team Bardock outside of Fasha suck.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So Dragon Stones are a finite resource right? Eventually you will run out of them (besides buying them). Should a person be more careful how they spend them? Right now I'm collecting 5 and then doing a summon in the hopes of SSR Bardock or Goku.

They're finite yes, outside of log-in bonuses. But if you factor in missions, beating every mission twice on different difficulty (because gently caress Z-hard), dragon wishes, etc, there's more than enough in theory.

Theory is that if you don't have lovely luck like me who has 3 legit SR pulls out of probably 300 stones.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there some un-listed healing in Dokkan? Cause I have a team of saiyans and it suddenly healed my team for a lot, and none of them have healing links or powers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Whenever you pick up color-matching ki orbs it heals you a little bit per orb. Did you pick up a ton of them matching each character or something?

I know same-color heals, but I went up by like 6k. I mean, maybe it's possible, I can't exactly remember how many I collected, but the heal came at the start of my turn which was why I was confused.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cozz posted:

Did you perform a dokkan attack? I learned those healed a small bit whenever you complete one.

That must be it, although it healed like thousands so maybe it's damage-based.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I finally got my 4th SR after a billion stones. It's SR INT Hercule, who I have absolutely no links for :argh:

Also two more Borgas. I don't know who the gently caress is Borgas, but he is now burned into my retinas forever now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well, they do give out strikes and even a free Super Rare on occasion, and apparently the Japanese version has farmable rare+ characters on regular mission maps.

As much as f2p has its evil roots, I think the average person isn't going through 500 stones in 2 months and balancing the economy around the crazy f2p players is difficult.

On a side-note, I wish this game was just a real game like the Puzzle and Dragon 3DS. Because I have put down actual, real games to just play more of this. gently caress me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Every game should have the Hearthstone system where you can break down your pulls into a currency which can then craft a very specific card you want.

I will burn all the Borgas I have in the world if it meant I could just get a goddamn Ginyu for a Ginyu Squad gimmick.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bardock is farmable, just kill Frieza on the last stage. He has a good drop rate.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's gently caress-off hard. Today was the first time I won because I grinded my first ultra and paired it with a friends ultra.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

According to reddit, Return of the Elites (terror returns) is a stupidly easy Z-hard mission. Basically a Hard level mission, so if you want easy rank levels and gold caps, there it is.

I just did it, and it is incredibly easy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I pretty much just cobble any good Saiyans I have and stack them all. Partly due to that's what the dice rolled but Saiyan stacking is ridiculous, especially since it's very easy to find a Super Saiyan friend character, which further gives everyone further Saiyan/Super Saiyan/Team Bardock boosts.

Rare Bardock is pretty drat good because he's a Saiyan and his 40% boost is good against most enemy groups.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is Kid Vegeta just a regular boss, or is he a gimmick like Final Bardock Stage Freiza who only attacks every turn with a super?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Middle finger to you :mad:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Apparently don't beat the new Freiza until tomorrow, because he doesn't drop anything.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Kid Vegeta has a Sibling link with SR Phy Raditz for some reason.

Maybe Sibling is a different word in Japanese, because it certainly does not mean Siblings unless you cross some old hillbilly tactics for a lot of card interactions

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Haerc posted:

Any tips on power leveling characters? I've just been burning training items and training arenas with N's of the same type as the character I'm trying to level.

I've heard leveling an N to max and z-awakening them, then using them to train works best?

Z-awakening N fodder is the biggest boost in terms of single return. A couple training items, a few common medals, and you got like 40k EXP if it's the same color.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Grinding seems better, managed to get chair frezia under double digit attempts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Ox King trick seems to work. Severely reduces the damage, especially since Frezia is a one-trick pony.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I got Chair Frieza on hard, the drop rates are just low as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Finally got Chilled, just had to wait until INT SSJ2 Gohan was available as a friend unit. Between Ox King and the delay Ghost, I relatively took him down with a Senzu bean to spare.