Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Was there ever any consensus on what is better to do when you have 50 stones, a multi summon or a bunch of single ones?

The only reason some people claimed 10 singles might be better was because of multi's "SR guaranteed" gimmick, since they assumed 10 singles meant 10 chances to get a SSR while a multi meant 9 chances, but some guy in Dokkan's subreddit posted a screencap of his 9 Rs/1 SSR multipull, proving that the "SR guaranteed" means "SR or better". So yeah, multi is the way.

cptn_dr posted:

Edit: Man, I've blown like 5 Dragon Stones trying to grind Gohan's Super Attack to 10. It's hovering at 9, and the last ten runs of Serious Serious Battle has resulted in either only Gohan Medals or spirit water.

You really shouldn't be wasting Dragon Stones on that, Seriously Serious Seriousness on Hard has a drop rate reasonable enough, and there's plenty of time till the 13th.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

It is now, say hello to Majin Buu.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Found this in the game's reddit and had a good chuckle:

I probably won't multipull for a while even though I have more than enough stones, last two multipulls I did, half of the cards were repeated ones, so I'll wait until the pool has more variety.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I have a bitch thread about this on Reddit, but I'll paste it here too:

The game is throwing out new multi-summon "events" on a near weekly basis, but they refuse to cycle out the old tired characters in favor of the new ones they're promoting. I just don't understand the logic. You want to get people excited about new characters, but you bury them under all the characters they're sick of. This is a RoF event. Why is anyone pulling Ginyu Force members or Mercenary Tao or Androids? That "pool" needs to be cycled out, or at least thinned out. I did 3 multi-pulls today and got 6 R Android 19's. That's absurd. All the SR's I got were things we've had in the game since Day 1. 30 cards and I got 1 each of 3 of the stupid Frieza minions. That's dumb. I should be drowning in new stuff, not choking on the old. That's now how you keep players around.

:agreed:

I'm sitting in almost 150 stones because the last two times half of the cards I multipulled were cards I already had. I'll wait till part 2 of the RoF to maximize the amount of new cards in the pool. I don't think I'll pull more than once though, I really want to wait for that early DB pull event Japan had.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

God is Jaco stingy with this medals, and we need 4 of the things :suicide:

On the other hand, Top-level Training is helping me max plenty of characters.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Agoat posted:

Should I go for my SSR Goku or event SR SSB Goku next?

You won't be able to get SR SSB Goku's medals once the event is over so do that first.

Pikkon's damage output in Z-Hard is completely bonkers, good thing he doesn't have that many HP.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

cptn_dr posted:

Ugh, just did the worst mulitipull I've ever done. No RoF characters, one SR (kid Trunks), and mostly repeat characters for the 9 Rs. This is what I spent my last 50 stones on? :smith:

Same here, once again, more than half of them are cards I already had (and I've only used F2P stones), just like my last 3 multipulls. And except for saiyan armor Krillin and Goten, I don't think I've ever pulled a card that wasn't in the initial pool.

I used to mock people claiming "10 single pulls are totally better guys" but I think next time I'll do that if only for the novelty.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

He does appear, works like Kid Vegeta:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Diabetic posted:

What is awaken? Who would it be worth it on?

Once a card reaches its max level (N=20, R=40, SR=60, SSR=80) you can awake them from the team menu, it costs money and awakening medals and the card will rank up in rarity (so you can level them 20 more times), their "element" will turn Super/Extreme (you'll gain type advantage against non Super/Extreme elements) and receive stat boosts.
You should try to awake every card you can, even if you don't intend to use a card you can use them as training fodder for other cards and being awaken gives a nice boost.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, it's pretty much designed to squeeze "whales", a dragon stone multisummon costs almost as much as a brand new console game.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, I'd consider using those stones if it were just that but I don't really want to spend a whole week glued to my phone to do all those runs.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Says you, 9 Rs and a SR Nail, the only event-related card was Neiz :(

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

It's all right now, I decided to do 5 single pulls and got SR STR Yamcha, SR STR SSJTrunks (already had him) and SSR Final Form Frieza, the very first SSR I pull.

visceril posted:

If your nail is the one I'm thinking of, the one with lots of HP and the "no bad status" ability and the HP restoring passive, he could be pretty clutch in PVP.

Hell, he makes UR piccolo less bad if you were unlucky enough to get saddled with that noise.

Sadly, I haven't pulled a single Piccolo despite having +100 R and up characters.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Hard drops medals and cards easy enough, no need to do Z-Hard runs.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Used all my dragon stones trying to pull the SR AGL Gohan to have both SSR Great Saiyaman but no luck :( I got the new SR TEQ Videl though, but I heard it's better to dokkan the STR one?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The R Chichis can already be dokkan awakened but I don't think we can get the required medals at the moment.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I wanted to awaken my STR SR Videl as soon as I got the Gohan medal I need but I guess I'll try to boost her super attack with the regular STR N Videls first now.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Got Devilman from my first DB Saga summon, not the best but I'm glad I'm out of the "only Rs" curse.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Webbeh posted:

Isn't Devilman super loving rare?

Is it? Nice, I just read his super has a tiny chance of instakilling anything :D

I've been really lucky with these tickets, second one was the SR Teen Bulma, third one was R Murasaki, but it's my favorite character from all the DB rares so all it's good.

I've got 2 leftover tickets but I don't see any more tickets in the rewards list so I guess those will sit there until they do another tournament.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Going into maintenance just when rank and prizes are available isn't very nice :(

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Got a bunch of R crap and the 3 forced SRs in the 20 DS gacha, PHY Android 19, PHY SSJ Gohan (RoF) and finally the SR AGL Gohan I wanted, now I can have all the great saiyamen :dance:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Hopefully the event itself is as good as RoF.

I want to marry Top Level Training.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Echophonic posted:

but Vegeta is just raw attack and no support for anyone else

That's Vegeta alright.

It seems all daily medals events are open during this week.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I also hope it is the trading post, lately I've been having more trouble collecting broze awakening medals than the usual Gregories/Bubbles.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Got 2 King Chappa with the DB tickets, bad start.

Then I did a multisummon in the new gasha hoping for at least the new Krillin so I could dokkan awaken him for my DB team and...

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I wonder if it's true you have better chances if you haven't played in a while to hook you back in.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks for the heads-up, was waiting for that Digimon game.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Got AGL SSGSS Vegeta AND Majin Vegeta from the guaranteed SSR multipull :dance:

Baba's shop couldn't have arrived at a better time, I'm going to need every medal she can offer.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

As far as I know, yes. Also checking Baba's shop regularly now.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Wow, the 3rd tournament does not mess around, things are hitting pretty hard from the get go, I recall in the previous two, opponents barely did over 10 damage in the lower tiers.

EDIT: I... actually lost the final in my first round from a Super out of nowhere, it's the first time I've lost a tournament.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 12, 2016

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I usually just shoot for 20 victories and see the tournament as a good chance to level up a bunch of awakened SRs and SSRs.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I'm having really bad luck with the DB Saga pulls, bunch of Rs and the single SR is one I already had (Oolong).

I got a pretty good GT gasha multipull, though! Got SSJ Trunks and Pan, also Jaco, which I really wanted for my Saiyaman team, as well as Turles' weird robot henchman and the infamous SR Cui.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I'm baffled at how common it is to find a filler Saibaman here and there in opponents' teams.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

And you were right.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

visceril posted:

By the way for cooler medals, where are the best stages for doure and naise?

The "Event Info" option in the menu usually list this information now, in case you didn't know :ssh:

The DB gacha definetly hated me this time around, I think I did around 8 pulls and only got 2 (duplicated) SRs (Oolong and INT Bulma).

By the way, can any Metal Cooler drop his battle card or is it only the ones at the end of a stage?

EDIT: Oh come on, Metal Cooler can drop the normal-rear end robot too? Got my hopes up for nothing.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 20, 2016

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

33X Metal Coolers so far and 2 drops... and both of them were the TEQ one.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I got every single one at around the 600 mark :dance:

I'm saving my stones for the LR Perfect Cell event since that'll probably also require characters with a specific ability from a specific gacha just like with Broly, won't it?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I usually go with Piccolo Jr. because they both link as bad with the rest of my PHY cards but Piccolo's knockout chance has saved my bacon a few times.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

SR STR Yamcha has both Turtle School and Kamehameha so that'd fit nicely but you'll be missing INT and PHY coverage.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Got my new SR Android 16 on my second try in Z-Hard :dance:

If I were starting I'd jump at that 30 stone multisummon but right now... eh... I'll wait for the next events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Now they just need to give us enough team slots to have at least a rainbow team and one of each color monoteams saved at the same time.