Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Listen to this nice man explain how to level up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPM5u8ugg9Q

Also everyone should get a Super ATK 10 Chinese Gohan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

I ended up using a couple pulls and got an SR and an R. Team seems to be holding up much better now. Now I'll just just hoard stones PAD style.Is the Cyborg Tao event worth burning stamina on?

Think it has about the same drop rate as the Vegeta event did. Depends on whether or not you need an SR Strength, I suppose

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Nuebot posted:

You needed a facebook anyway. I'm still like the only person in the world without one. Oh well, I'll have to keep an eye out for its proper release so I can grab it on day one or something. It's not that hard starting off anyway.

Anyway I typo'd my name in this game without realizing when I grabbed the English version and fun fact: it has an easy restart option when you reinstall. So many other games make it a pain in the rear end to restart or don't let you restart at all.
EDIT: I got a freezer! I'm pretty happy with this starter.

Is there any trick to this I'm missing? I never seem to be able to get my super attacks off and every event stage kicks my rear end.

Get some levels/better characters from doing the story missions first. Also the spheres hate you and will always fall in the least optimal way.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

New Leaf posted:

My first time back I got a second Tao, but the subsequent half-dozen times I got nothing.. It's still a decent item run. I wish I could spend Zeni for healing items. That's the biggest thing holding me back from progressing with my Hard run. Enemies that can hit you for 25k on a Super are brutal. Almost have to stay topped off.

Did anyone come up with a good farming level?

The last vs Vegeta level gives a good bit of rank xp on hard. You have to hit pretty hard to beat it though.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

New Story event replacing the Gohan one will let you get R Nappa and R Vegeta, presumably also farmable but it's not active yet so not totally sure.

It isn't farmable, you get them at specific points in the story, one time on each difficulty.

e -> I think you can still get them up to 5 or 6 special attack anyways, which is nothing to sneeze at.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

-Fish- posted:

Can you get the pirate robot? If so how?

Roll the friend point one a lot

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I've been using these awakening item daily missions to bring up N characters to 20 and then z awaken them to feed to my main guys. Should I be leveling these guys up to 40 before using them up? Certainly they give more exp at 40, but I feel like it is faster to just z awaken them and use them immediately so I can start on other N characters.

If you were gonna do that, you should feed them to a rare and z level that at 40. I'm doing that w/ the Nappa and Vegeta from the event.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

This event doesn't seem that good to me tbh. Getting a guaranteed SR for spending 50 stones is a lot worse than having a +% for the better SSRs to come.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Nuebot posted:

So a level 40 Z-awoken N still only gets my SRs 6 levels. Is there really no other way?

I'd imagine that doing it for rares instead would give a good bit

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Well, I just finished Z-HARD on the entire story. Onto the next Dokkan challenge.

Tell us your secrets

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I wish I could turn off all the animations

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Webbeh posted:

That's kinda my problem too. I farmed out a bunch of characters in the beginning and fed them to a character not realizing the soft level limits - wasted a lot of SRs that way.

What do you mean soft level limits? That after a certain point the only way to increase in power is through super attack?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Think he mistyped, considering teen gohan is int too.

Is there any other way to get dragonstones outside of events after you beat story?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Shine posted:

I'm disappointed that the Dragonball wishes apparently go away entirely. Do they return at some point? It would suck if you only got the 4 wishes. It was silly enough that I couldn't do the same wish repeatedly.

There was something on reddit about there being at least four more different types of wishes.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I'd have so many more achievements if the strike events didn't suck up most of my stamina.

Vegeta :negative:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I've started expanding my character slots just so I don't have to spend five minutes after every hard mission fusing together all my normals. Really could use an automatic trainer, or at least less lag while doing it.

e. Does anyone know how the game determines the speed of the cursor on a Dokkan attack? Just random chance?

And the secret character appears to be Kid Vegeta, at least according to reddit.

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Aug 13, 2015

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

This game has singlehandedly murdered my battery. Lets hope the s5 keeps up with it better

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/H6OqIGF.png

Got a new leader for my main group

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

I've finished all the Normal and Hard missions as well as some Z-Hard missions to scratch up another 50 dragonstones. Shall I be a sucker and pull another multi-roll?

Single roll until you feel the same amount of disgust

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Kid Vegeta has a Sibling link with SR Phy Raditz for some reason.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Can we get a goon friends list going on in the OP? My FL is looking pretty barren, and some of you guys have some pretty sick starters.

My userid is 199533996

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Farming the first he gets killed my forward progress. Do have a lot of items though.