Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Cozz posted:

AGL Bardock is probably the best of those pulls. He also has a farmable super attack so you won't have to use Kai's. The AGL Pure Sayian Vegeta Lead is a great unit with lots of categories, while if you got the PHY Transforming Vegeta he's all right. Some of the SSR"s might be good if they've gotten an EZA to make them better.

With my refunded stones, I was able to get another dupe for Kefla (and getting her to 79%) and rainbow STR Trunks and Mai.

It looks like the Vegeta does have a transformation when Dokkan Awakened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I have like 100 stones left, would they be better spent on the Frieza banner or as far on the step-up as I can go again?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

a neat cape posted:

For you? Step up. It'll be up all month so you should be able to grind enough stones to finish ar least one more rotation

Well gently caress yeah. Demon King Piccolo, SSJ3 Bardock, and PHY Broly!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

When you're building up a character, do you prioritize dupes for Super level or Awakening gates?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was curious about that too, thanks!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was working on PHY Krillin last night and now his event is locked. Is that only a Friday thing? I'm kinda bummed, Krillin is my favorite.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CidGregor posted:

Prime Battles and Dokkan Events run on a set schedule based on the type/class of the featured prime-LR or dokkanfest-exclusive character. AGL Mon, TEQ Tues, INT Wed, STR Thurs, PHY Fri, all Extremes Sat, all Supers Sun. So that Krillin will be available every Fri and Sun.

Also with Dokkan events featuring multiple types for the same character, all relevant days will apply. So for example because there are TEQ, INT and STR versions of Perfect Cell that are DFEs, his event runs Tues/Wed/Thurs, plus Sat.

Ahh got it. There's SO loving MANY events going on right now I barely know where to start. If I didn't already sort of know what I was doing from playing forever ago I'd be completely lost.

I pulled the dual Caulifla/Kale card, plus I finished up the TEQ Frieza/what's-his-face-laser-ring-guy, plus a Goku/Vegeta, Trunks/Goten/Marron, and Great Saiyaman 1 & 2. Need to start a team-up group!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Why the gently caress doesn't LR Goku have any ties to the rest of his family like kid Gohan or Pan? And why aren't the Saiyan armor Krillin and Gohan considered "Namek Saga"?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

gently caress you're right, I had a filter on.

I was talking about OG LR Goku though, the TEQ one.. he doesn't link to that farmable Namek Gohan at all.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm kind of overwhelmed by just how many units there are these days.. and just how many I have banked from before. I'm starting to stockpile a few Grand and Old Kais through various means. Who is even worth spending them on? Should I burn enough to get Str LR Zamasu's Super to 10 (at 15 currently from burning others..)? I don't even know how to talk about who I have these days.. There's just so many characters out there.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

But you basically have to farm and Dokkan them once to get a 50% chance right? That's kind of depressing haha..

I do have one of the team up cards, I'll work on them.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CidGregor posted:

Okay, so, if it's the *exact same card*, you are 100% guaranteed to get the SA level. If you've already dokkan-awakened STR LR Zamasu, you can use an Incredible Hourglass (or 2 of them if he's in LR form already) to temporarily reverse him back to his base form so that you can do this without having to awaken your extra copies. Also, again only if it's the exact same card, you're guaranteed to get ALL the SA levels attached to it; so if your Zamasu is at SA10, and then you awaken him to his LR form where his SA cap is raised to 20, you could farm up a second copy of the card to SA10, awaken him to LR form, and then train him into your original copy, and all ten SA levels will train over from that single card, guaranteed. And then once you go through his EZA and raise his cap to 25, you could do this all AGAIN, raising a third copy at SA5 until he's at LR form, and then training it into the original card to give him the final 5 SA levels. All without burning a single Kai.

Now, if it's not the exact same card, but it has the same name, it gets a little trickier, but TLDR it's all based on the current rarity tier of both cards. So let's say you want to get this SSR Goku to SA10. As I mentioned above, you can farm THIS Goku from the DBS Broly story event. (there's a couple of other farmable Gokus, but I'll just use this one for the sake of example.) Because he's also an SSR, you will have a 50% chance per copy of raising your base Goku's SA by one, no other training or awakening involved. If you train up the farm copies to level 80 and Z-awaken them to UR before you train them into your base Goku, this jumps it to a 100% chance per copy to raise SA by one. I wouldn't recommend this as a general rule because a free coinflip per copy is pretty good odds, but if like you're stuck at 9/10 and keep missing that last coinflip, or are running out of stamina and don't want to grind the story event anymore, then it's totally reasonable to do this for the last copy.

However, if you dokkan awaken your Goku card to his next form, the math changes dramatically for the worse; each individual copy of your farming Goku would have like a 5% chance to raise your SA level, and Z-awakening it might bring it to like, 30%. Furthermore, if say we were talking about trying to level up THIS Goku instead, if you were to dokkan awaken him, his name changes to Super Saiyan Goku, and the farming card will no longer work on him at all!

So basically if you have a farmable card, do the farming with your card at the lowest-possible rarity tier to maximize your chances.

Oh poo poo I didn't realize they took the super level from the training partner if they were identical, I figured it was 1:1. That changes things. Thanks for the detailed information! Going to save this.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Can someone remind me where the gently caress I farm potential orbs?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Blargh, that sucks.. Oh well, maybe I shouldn't be so blase about who I use them on.

Also, I really wish there was a way to go from the Awakening medal description to a page of everyone who utilizes it. Seems like that would make a lot of sense to implement.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CidGregor posted:

If we're talking about awakening medals you get from dokkan events or story events, Bamco is pretty good about listing all the relevant characters in that specific story event's info page. Otherwise, the Dokkan Battle Wiki is your friend.

Yeah I just imagined kind of a reverse of the Dokkan Awakening page so you can see the highlighted the characters you have related to the medal and see if you even have them or how far along they are. Coming from a long hiatus I just see the info pages and can't remember if I even have those characters and if I've already dokkaned them or not.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I pulled on the Jiren banner and got a Legendary!

It was Mighty Mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

gently caress this Pride Trooper event, I've done the level to recruit the guy like 7 times and have gotten 0 copies of him. I have the only 2 Universe 11 people I own in my team and it's not helping.