Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Isn't Dokkan Battle pretty new all around? I think the US version is only a little behind the JPN one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just did a multi-pull and got mostly really lovely Rs, and my guaranteed SR was a loving Hercule. :argh:

(actually tbh Hercule is kinda handy, he's INT [somehow :v:] and I needed to replace my R Shen, but still jesus gently caress)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so uh let's say i just got into Dokkan Battle and the game dumped a fuckton of dragon stones on me

like, seriously, i've got loving 60 of the things and i'm not even 3 mission chains into the quest stuff yet

should I hoard these or is doing a multi-summon on one of the banners a good idea?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
welp I just did a multi-pull on Resurrected Warriors (the one with the 30-stone multi pulls) and got a shitload of SRs and SSR Golden Frieza :stare:

my luck with gacha is usually nowhere near this good, what the gently caress

e: yeah, I pulled:

PHY R Gohan (Kid)
INT R Chi-Chi
AGL SR Super Saiyan Trunks (Kid)
TEQ SR Raditz
INT SR Mr. Buu
INT SR Chiaotzu
AGL SR Gohan (GT)
PHY SR Raditz
STR SR Android 16
AGL SSR Golden Frieza

e2: do the little things that happen on the gacha asteroid screen mean anything? I've gotten Hercule flying into the asteroid a couple times and this time a bunch of things flew away from it.

e3: second multi-pull got me SSR Great Saiyaman SS2, SSR SSJ2 Teen Gohan, and SSR Kid Buu :stare:

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 22, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

a neat cape posted:

Which SSR Kid Buu

This is important

uh, TEQ, why? is there a good and bad SSR Kid Buu?

e: well, holy poo poo, upon a google there's like 5 different SSR Kid Buus :psyduck:

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 22, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Unfortunately, you don't have any real leaders in there. Best chance you've got is Golden Frieza for being a somewhat tanky "nuke" lead, since his skill ramps up damage as you get more ki. You can roll an AGL team, for now, and do storyline until you can roll something better, or get the hang of things and eventually reroll.

I mean, I've been completely slaughtering pretty much everything with a semi-balanced team of the SSRs I've pulled (AGL Golden Frieza leader, TEQ Kid Buu, PHY SS2 Gohan, Super AGL Angel Goku, STR SSJ Gohan, PHY SS2 Great Saiyaman). :shrug: like, it probably won't take me into late-game content unless I put a little more thought into building my team and fill it out a little more, but it'll at least take me far enough to get some more free stones to do that with.

e: also AGL Golden Frieza is the one I have, he's honestly a little overrated if that's who y'all are talking about but I also don't have him leveled up and awakened fully so I might be eating my words on that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i think y'all might be massively overstating how hard the early game of Dokkan Battle is, like honestly most of the Quest missions are really easy if you have any SR or SSR cards on your team at all

from what I can tell it's not until you get to, bare minimum, the end of the Quest stuff or start doing events as your main content that you really need to start worrying about team composition, and up to that point the SSRs on that banner will basically gently caress everything up

e: like, I've hosed up and entered a Quest mission with a team consisting of just STR Frieza and a bunch of the filler saibamen, and because I didn't want to waste the stamina I toughed it out... and I actually got to the boss and wore him down most of the way. with filler saibamen that basically do chip damage.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 23, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if you're starting the game with 60 free stones like i did, doing the discount multi-pull for the GSSRs and using them to get through the Quest missions and get the rest of your free stones isn't a bad plan. you can worry about getting a meta lead once you've racked up stones from those and transition the stuff you get from the discount multi-pull to being team filler (since their stats actually don't seem awful even for the SR ones, it's just they don't have great leader skills). like, this is what I'm doing and I'm seriously doing completely fine, I've had a grand total of one mission give me trouble (the Z-hard version of the second An Epic Encounter mission) and it was one I was hilariously unprepared for since it's tuned for an INT team and I was bringing an AGL one (which, naturally, TEQ SSJ Goku shat all over).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
with this stones conversation, there's one thing y'all are missing. when I did the multi-pulls on that GSSR banner, it was on a discount where you could get up to 3 multi-pulls for 30 stones each.

a guaranteed SSR for 30 stones is a loving no brainer. 50 stones is more of a question, but the discount makes it more cost-effective because I effectively got an entire decent AGI team (between those pulls, the Android 17/18 duo from friend pulls, and the f2p Angel Goku which I've already awakened once) for the cost of potentially one meta lead plus two single pulls.