Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nuebot posted:

Once you can beat Tao solidly he's pretty easy to farm too. I'm trying to farm him to level mine's super. Hopefully I'll be able to tackle the higher difficulties soon.

I farmed up enough kid Gohan to get his super to 10 and he does the most damage out of all of my characters. Trying for more Cyber Tao, but only got one so far. I can easily beat Hard, but Z rank I don't think I can manage without burning stones, so that is out. I have dumped at least 3 stamina bars on him so far :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Webbeh posted:

Finally got the Tao event character, and now I get two more right after getting the first.

I have been grinding the poo poo out of the event on hard, got 5 so far. I did it every cool down today, plus a ton yesterday, but I just have crap luck. I did however get enough awakening medals to awaken some rates into super fares which was nice.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nuebot posted:

I'll probably do that once I start replacing dudes, but for now they wreck everything I'm fighting. My Z awoken Chaotzu with like four super levels can almost one shot cyber tao with his special. Or maybe he can, I don't know he never goes first.

My super level 10 Kid Gohan from the event does almost 30k damage to Cyber Tao on Hard. It's insane.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nuebot posted:

No, he's just really rare. I'm not noticing any difference in drop rates on Hard or Normal to be honest so I'm just farming normal because it's faster. Maybe the hardest difficulty has a better drop rate but I get wrecked there.

I also get wrecked on Z-Hard or whatever, but I farm hard due to the better rarity capsules and the better rank Exp. I have been doing his mission alone for the past few days and have yet to see him drop today :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Shine posted:

This Monday awakening event is an easy way to level up common greens and feed them to better characters. Every enemy is blue, so a green team will dominate. If you have a few heavy hitters (like that Kid Gohan that everybody spoof get and level his super attack to 10 because it takes basically no worry) then you can fill the rest of the team with garbage greens and still cruise through Hard.

That kid gohan is my biggest hitter by far, doing upwards of 24-40k on a super. Pants-shittingly amazing!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Doesn't look like you can repeat Normal to get more copies, sadly. Just did Saiyan Rapmage Normal again and got nothing.

Shame I already have a SR TEQ Nappa. I had another good TEQ guy that fit, I'd probably trade the new one for my Pilaf robot. The R TEQ guys I have like Piccolo and Goku don't have links with the Ginyu dudes or Vegeta, who kind of anchor the team. Could be Spopovich's time to shine?

Also, wow, Demon is a really unimpressive link. +1 Ki is not that useful. Shame, too, since I have several Piccolos, Cymbal, and Tambourine.

Yeah, it sucks. It's not like the Kid Gohan event where it was easy as poo poo to get him to Super Level 10. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

They probably realized their mistake.. That kid is a beast.

Also, I love whoever named these missions. "Red-Hot Rumble"

Yeah, it just sucks because he's so good because of it. Takes a little bit of the randomness out of the gachapon game though.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
God damnit, I have been randomly using stones. Serves me right I guess. I have it on my phone and I've used 0 stones, yet I still didn't have enough for a multi-pull yet I don't think.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

cptn_dr posted:

I feel like this is a stupid-rear end question, but how do I check the links on my characters other than in battle?

Character list, then select the character, click the down arrow at the bottom of the screen.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm also at 0 Mecha Frieza.

I ran the poo poo out of Jackie Chun and ended up with 0, got 4 Mecha Tao, and I REALLY want to get Mecha Frieza. Always running on Hard. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nuebot posted:

I finally got a Mecha freezer. I can finally die at peace.

Still haven't gotten one. Ranked up from 29 to 31 on this poo poo so far.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nuebot posted:

Meanwhile Goku links to Goku with Siblings. :shepface:

Kind of bummed out that the Mecha Frieza event ends today though. I still only have three and considering I'll probably want to keep at least one as a spare unless I manage to pull another EoI Frieza, this event was kind of disappointing with its drop rates.

Still at 0.... I'm not bitter...

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just broke down and said gently caress it, did 5 pulls instead of waiting around to get 10.

SR Roshi, and some other poo poo SR. =\

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nuebot posted:

Yeah it's a bit of a downer. I'd take increased rates over guaranteed SRs any day.
EDIT: doesn't look like I'll be able to get King Vegeta before the event goes away. I'm not that broken up about it.

I gave up on Strike events for a bit because of this poo poo :(

I can't do Z-Hard at all really, but can do most of the early hard levels.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I tried Seriously?!... on Hard and got TROUNCED so badly I used 2 stones just to clear it due to being stubborn, which i know was a huge mistake.

I then came back with an all Agi team, which was all raised to max level that I could get them, most of them still just Rare :( I can now easily beat him, while using a few items. I don't dare try Z-Hard. I also got the Bojack from the 5 free stones they gave me for Maintenance. Hoping I can grind this out for enough medals to Dokkan Awaken both Gohan/Bojack, as it would be a great SSR and my first UR. My team sucks still and my level is still 35 due to being frustrated that I couldn't advance in the story, and couldn't get poo poo to drop to level up my supers from the strikes. Only guy I have level 10 is the Gohan that was first released and everyone got to level 10 since he was a guaranteed drop.

Hoping to get enough Gohan's to level his super up, but I seem to be getting a good amount of Gohan awakening medals, so I doubt I'll get the Gohans before the medals :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I don't know Bojacks crews name by heart, so bear with me on the one guy I need. The INT dude with the turban, and Bojack himself (Medal form). I started grinding this event on Wednesday when I heard about it enabling Dokkan Awakenings, and I already have the 19 medals for Gohan, Zangya, and The big dude that is PHY. Gohan is at Super Level 6 though, so after I grind out the remaining medals, it's back to Seriously? to grind for him to drop more before I put the last medals into him for Dokkan Awakening.

So pleased to finally have some decent characters actually drop and be available. My best character STILL has been my Agi Android 18 that is fully awakened. :( I just could NOT get drops to work for me in any of the other strikes, and I can't do Z-hard at all. Let alone finish the bloody story.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just today finally finished! Got Gohan to level 10 super, then Dokkan Awakened, levelled and then awakened again!

Bojack is now waiting on the first awakening medals ( Ran out ), but have all of the medals necessary and then a poo poo ton more.

Didn't realize until it was too late that there was a mission for getting all of the quests done on Hard for 2x medals for each medal. Should save some of you guys some time.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I wouldn't mind a few friends who actually play the game. Go ahead and add me: 2197650483

I'm running SSj2 Gohan, with his max super.

Gotta grind some Str awakenings to get Bojack awakened, then leveled, then Dokkan'd.

E: I added the two guys from this page that posted their ID's as well. Sorry I'm only like level 39 right now, but that was due to frustration with not getting anything decent from the gacha machine for a while. This event just upgraded my team insanely, so I MAY be able to finish the story now. :(

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 12, 2015

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

My new ID is 950812173

Added you.

It's amazing how quickly this game goes once you have a decent team rolling. I need to get some better links going, but as is my team is decently high leveled and awakened at this point that it's finally rolling through the story after getting cock blocked at the end of the second coming of Frieza.

Working my way up to my first Multi-pull, but I'm sitting here thinking that I'm better off waiting for AT LEAST Cooler ( Which should be tomorrow? ) or maybe the next event after since I doubt many of my guys would link with full power Cooler.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

I'm still seeing Bardock and Bojack as options right now, so you may be in luck.

Going to try and get the stuff needed to Dokkan Awaken Bardock while this is up.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So is the UR Bardock NOT a Dokkan Awakening? I thought he was. Just got done the extremely simple awakening for him to go from R to SR, but I was expecting him to be more like the Gohan. Then again it was hella easy to get the medals for him in comparison to just about any other awakening.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

First ever multipull, from the nod of normal and beginning of hard clears.

Meant to pull on the Saiyan machine but did the Bojack one on accident while it was loading and I was impatient. Got a super level 2 Bojack now at least and a decent Goku and Vegeta I hope.

E: what level do you farm Goku tokens on for angel Goku?

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 10, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I know at one point we had a list of Dokkan Awakenable Rares and such, anyone still have that link kicking around? I know the Chichi I have that is Rare can be awakened eventually, but I was curious what other rares I should keep around. I've been trying to purge a lot of rares at this point since I'm now at the stage where I have a decent amount of SR's awakened or not.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

You mean this? https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3g6p1g/japan_dokkan_awaken_characters/

As was proven with Goku ( Angel ), there's no guarantee that the Japan Dokkan Awaken list will be the same as Global.

It was what I was thinking, but I totally quit for a little bit apparently and missed the fact that angel goku was added. Still got a couple of days before my 90 logins.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I did an accidental multi pull on the bojack machine as I mentioned before, but now I have another multipull ready and debating on using it on the ssj machine or waiting. Waiting is winning right now due to not having my iPad.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
What is the secret boss on snake way? I'm still a bit of a scary cat when it comes to Z-Hard, though I'm almost done the regular campaign on Hard now.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

cptn_dr posted:

It's STR Grandpa Gohan

That's actually pretty cool. If you can get him to drop that would be neat too. Maybe I'll have to try it out on Z-Hard later tonight.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

So I just completed Hard on the campaign and celebrated with a multi pull.

Used the bojack machine thinking maybe I would level up his super. Got SSj Goku on the pull, resulting in my first natural SSR in Whis. :swoon:

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 10, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I found out very quickly that Whis, while he hits like a truck, does not have very good links. :(

His leader skill still makes up for it enough for my team though.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

Just four more Zangya medals.

I feel like I might regret blowing my dragon stones on trying to grind these out but damnit I'm almost there.

You feel like you regret it? I was in the same boat, 2 weekends ago when the event was ending on Tuesday. :argh:

I did however use both Bojack and Gohan from the event to break through my wall and get through all of the Normal Campaign and now I'm burning through Hard almost as easily. So many multi-pulls!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

That is correct. Nothing. Gohan event is back.

On the other hand, they added the Resurrection of F stuff. Super Saiyan God cards and Golden Frieza. Also Cop Krillin, Android 13, and a lot of other Dokkan Awakening cards.

Aw poo poo, using my latest mult-pull on that!

New Leaf posted:

Well it's "there" but not usable. At this rate, we'll get access to it sometime after Thanksgiving.

Wait... it's not a new machine to pull now? Well gently caress. :effort:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

Time to pray for more dragon stones as compensation!

e: Haha wow that's a lot of data to download.

2? Stones for compensation for the extended maintenance if I recall.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I am trying to grind out Jackie Chun before the end of the day. I assume he's a good replacement for kid Gohan when they both are at Super Level 10. I need to upgrade my team, and that gohan I got week 1 is STILL my best Teq. Still need 4 more cards t o max out Chen though, and doing the event on Z-Hard burns me through a senzu and some other healing. It hurts every time!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Rolled a multi-pull for the hell of it:

Not bad by any means, but I was hoping for something Buu saga.

On a lighter note, I maxed out Jackie Chun finally, so he replaced Gohan on my team for Teq. At this point I need to farm Hercule for zenny because holy hell stuff is super expensive to awaken!

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 10, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

cptn_dr posted:

I'm sitting on 100 stones, which I've been saving up for the RoF/BoG events, so I can do some multipulls. I've never bought any stones, mostly just kept them stocked up from missions/map clearing. I've also Z-Cleared it though, so I won't be getting many more until we get some new maps (though I do have the 100 day login bonus tomorrow, which I might use on a single-pull) .

I'm attempting to save all my stones I get now for the resurrection f machine when we eventually get it. I should still have enough levels to z-hard clear to get back to 100 stones. Just going to need some extra will power!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

This is the SR, Call of Duty. I have a Phy Vegeta that's Super too, so I guess some are messed up and they never bothered to fix them. I don't think 16 should be considered evil either but meh..

While I can see Vegeta going either way, Nail? Not so much. I guess there was a little bit of time before they teamed up he wasn't really on the crew's side... But that is stretching it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Wuxi posted:

Or its like the Broly event, where you need special characters with special links to do special things in order to remove the special thing Cell does, so you do more than 10 damage per attack.

In other news, Ressurection of Freeza is incoming and with it a free SR Super Cyan Goku! Its a decent enough SR card, good leader skill, good attack, extreme super, a somewhat hard to use passive.
The real power is in the links though, Kamehameha and SSJ are always good and he shares +15% ATK and +700 ATK with Golden Freeza, while also being Int.
So I hope you all farmed your Mecha Freezas, because those three alone makes an awesome Int team (when all three are on the field Golden Freeza gets a nice +1400 ATK, +30% ATK and +2 KI) and are basically free.

Mecha Frieza and King Cold are on my poo poo list of drops. :( Only got like 3 of Frieza and 2 Colds so far, but then again the double Exp, and cheap cost of the new missions but a damper on me farming the events for a while.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

This just makes me more mad that even after 150 stones I never got Cell during the event.

This, and the fact that he (Perfect) and Gohan ( Father&Son ) are the only supers with alternate animation art. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just finally z-awakened Whis, and I was so grateful that z-hard Hercule is sleep walkable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cozz posted:

It took a while, although the Rank Up event means if you have the time to constantly play the story events, you'll be ranking up. Grinding Goku medals beating Jackie Chun really helped, and having 22 Million Zeni as a high before starting the awakening. I now only have 15 million Zeni (leveled up a couple of other SR's during the process), but I have a level 75 Super Android 13 and a level 80 Android 13, both with level 10 Super Attacks. I need to get 50 Gregories to Z-Awaken Super Android 13 though.

How do you get more Android 13's? Does it become a random drop on his level on normal/hard after the first drop? I thought we were limited to like, level 3 super on him, 2 from normal/hard, and one from the mission.