Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Shine posted:

So glorious.

ahem.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
For Mecha Frieza event, it's more important to get PHY characters to absorb attacks than to field your strongest attack team. My best rainbow team of 70s hard hitters do not survive as well as my average PHY team of 40s. I'd rather get a lovely Z-awakened R PHY in the team than put my Z-awakened, max level, SR TEQ Kid Gohan with Level 10 Super.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I got 4 Mecha Freeza in my first 5 tries, then nothing since. But this minor luck is compensating my horrendous luck on everything else. I am level 50 with no SSRs pulls ever. EVERY single multi-summon pull I did (I did 5 of them during this event) gave me the bare minimum one SR that they guarantee. The sheer amount of lovely redundant R pulls like lvl 5 Mercenary Tao, lvl 5 Guldo, lvl 4 Yajirobe, lvl 4 Dodoria, lvl 3 Cui, lvl 3 Jeice, etc is making me think that I need to put down this game.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Quick tip of EXP in case people do not know.

For those with multiple SR Frieza (or any high rarity character in general) of the event, lvl them up before you feed them off.

Example.

Lvl 1 SR INT Frieza gives about 5300 exp. Feed it a Z-Awakened INT fodder of 44000 exp, said SR INT Frieza levels to 20 and gives a whopping 110,000 exp. No need to feed anymore as the added exp increase thereafter shrinks significantly.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Has anybody got Kid Vegeta to drop in the last stage "Last Stand"? I know he appears in the stage "Planet Vegeta" on Z-Hard, but frankly I don't have the team to properly survive Z-Hard.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Paying for this game might be worthwhile if they actually made this game worth paying money for. If you are making people drop a very expensive meals worth of money on some shiny digital character, then make sure they get a higher chance of a SSR, not a SR and a bunch of worthless Rs that has a worse haul than if you single pulled each one.

And the fact, they severely limit stone do not make people more impulsive to buy, they make people quit after they realize this is a poorly built game relying on a famous comic.

Plenty of successful games that have pay to win feature make sure the payer is happy dropping money not getting frustrated that the money they paid does not give them at least some advantage.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Lvl 10 Super Piccolo Jr. complete. One of the few strike events I don't need to do 80 times to get ONE card (gently caress King Vegeta and King Cold) and can actually farm up the super.

Edit: Also, did two multi-summon, no SSJs as usual BUT the awesome [R] CUI luck of mine has it at lvl 8 SUPER!!!

isme fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 30, 2015

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Echophonic posted:

Now that I've got Bardock to a good place and awakened the SR Ginyu Force, I don't really know what to tinker with next. I guess I should awaken a TEQ SR since the only TEQ SSR I have is Guldo?

Here's a few of the SRs I was looking at working on, anyone have any suggestions of who to focus on? Nappa seems like a good candidate. Maybe I'll get someone that jumps out from the new banner this week.

TEQ Nappa
TEQ Jackie Chun
PHY Raditz
PHY Vegeta (level 4 super)
AGI Android 18
STR Videl
STR Chi-Chi

Maybe a Frieza or two? I have EoI awakened already and the STR 2nd form and TEQ 3rd form. No SSR, unsurprisingly.

Definitely Jackie Chun for the +3 TEQ KI, in fact I would say the same for any character with +3 KI. +3 KI leadership skill is pretty powerful for single color teams which is almost necessary for lots of Strike event and daily awakening runs.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I am not going to even divulge how many stones I wasted with not even one SSR to show for it. It's a gambling addict mentality. "The next pull will DEFINITELY be a SSR". *pulls the 8th R CUI*

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Cozz posted:

Finally got Mighty Mask up to Super Attack Level 10. Now to get him up to 60 and get some Bubbles to awaken him. I don't think his links are that good though. At least I can farm the awakening medals today, since I have just about everything else done with the game so far.

If they were redoing the Bardock summoning event, I might have considered dropping some cash on the game again, since SSJ Bardock would give me an awesome strength character. Since it's just the farming event, maybe I'll see if I can challenge Kid Vegeta and get him to drop again.

In events like this, you should have saved the extra Might Masks until you had at least 6 of them.
-Then individually level each up using the Awakened N-card fodders to lvl 20~30 (gives about 100K to 150K exp).
-Then combine them all + training grounds + some training items and you have a easy effortless level it to 60.
-Awaken it, then do the same for of the last 4 of them and you should be almost level 80 with level 10 super.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Trying to fit two SRs I got in my team, but I'm not sure who to bench for them

My current lineup is:
Leader: SR Frieza 2nd form (str)
SR Android 18 (agi)
R Krillian (agi) (definitely going to be one of the people replaced)
SR Raditz (teq)
SR Videl (str)
SR kid Goku (agi)

What I want to put on my team:
SR Perfect Cell (phy)
SR Teen Trunks (teq)

I honestly don't know the inner workings of this game and mostly just put all my SRs in my team so I'm not sure who exactly to bench besides Krillin.

For myself, I almost always run single color teams. As long as you know the boss' color in advance, it's much easier to play and easier to survive. Links are less critical, but I would not hesitate to promote a SR over a R if it gives me links.

For rainbow color teams, I would say it is more important to find links and the mindless way to do it is to first build by what most of your best cards are affliated to like Z-Fighters only, Androids Only, Ginyu Team Only, Saiyan Team Only, Frieza's minio...ugh.....gently caress that team. Then just tinker off that.

isme fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 21, 2015

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Are you using +3 Ki (Pikkon) as leader and friend? As long as you string couple nice supers before he kills you off, you should do fine. My AGI team is a mixture of Awakened SRs and Rs and I do fine with Z-Hard Cyborg Tao and use up a Cargo or a Capsule at most, most time I do fine without even healing.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Fallorn posted:

I pulled SSR Kaioken goku to go with SSR STR SSJ goku and SSR SSJ2 Agi Goku. I have given up hoping for a SSR that is not Goku, my team will just be lots of goku doing Kamehameha.

Some people have yet to pull a SSR, so you should be happy you have any SSR.

*pulls another SR Cui*

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
When you pair TEQ Android 17 as leader and friend for the Vegeta event, after the initial 7K hit from the super, you get hit only 10 for every attack thereafter, super or not, making this impossible to lose the fight.

It's can't get as easy mode as this.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

cptn_dr posted:

Man, they're giving out Kid Goku like candy. This is great.

Edit: On that note, is it worth Dokkan Awakenign Teq Goku to AGL Goku? I have a poo poo-tonne of AGL characters, and not a lot of TEQ at this point. Is the boost worth losing one of my handful of decent TEQ characters?

Double Edit: On the subject of that TEQ Goku, you can now farm the event - he auto drops on Z-Hard, so it's trivially easy to get his Super Attack up to 10 now.

Yes, it is worth it. Stack all the AGI Goku, Kid Goku, Goten you have, with double +3 KI Character. Spam specials attack for Kamehaha/All in the Family/Siblings links for ridiculous high damage outputs and superb defense.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Definitely SR TEQ Beerus over SR TEQ Nappa by far

-Beerus has base 6406 attack that balloons to 7687 from the +25% attack passive vs 5513 attack that balloons to 7513 from the under 30% HP +2000 passive. You do NOT want to be under 30% to get there
-Beerus has +700 attack link from prodigies which has less link than the Saiyan Warrior race that Nappa has, but Beerus does have it.
-Beerus special is "Extreme damage" vs Nappa "Huge damage". Obviously stronger specials usually beats most attack stats difference. Your Beerus would be rocking 50K+ specials vs Nappa would be somewhere in the mid 20K.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I'd say no to the switch just because of the Kamehameha links with Kid Goku and Roshi.

But then I say yes for the SHORYUKEN Crotch Upper Cut.....

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I have about 8 Supreme Kai and 12 Old Kai, will trade for SSRs that never drop for me.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

cptn_dr posted:

I used to run a PHY/STR team, but it never really did much that a rainbow team, or a monotype, wouldn't have done better.

Edit: Here's the team I'm currently running. I really need to get a better TEQ character. Mighty Mask is a bit of a weak link.

What's so weak link about Mighty Mask? It has superb HP, does decent damage and if you max his super, his specials hits pretty hard. It is a fairly serviceable card.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I'm still grinding the medals to get my Angel Goku max level. It is ridiculous low drop rate for an average SR card. That's said, the high EXP and the other items it drops makes it worth the hassle.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Did 6 multipulls, 3 of them showing SSJ Goku, so I was excited that I will get at least a SSJ SSR on each pull.

I was right.

It was SSJ PHY Vegeta.

All 3 times. Which I already had.....

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
You shouldn't ever be feeding unique SR characters to anybody. Are you guys so fucken miser to spare 1 stone to expand your character slot to start cannibalizing unique SR cards?

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

CzarChasm posted:

Hmm...Why would the company that makes money off of you pulling over and over until you get what you want make it difficult to get what you want? What an odd concept. It's almost like, they don't care about what you want, and instead are in the business of making money.

All sarcasm aside, that's exactly why they are doing it like this. "Oh, I didn't get the new guy I wanted. Better try again. Oh, I didn't get the new guy I wanted. Better try again...)

All companies are in the business of making money, you can achieve this by swindling and pissing the customers off or having happy customers that come back over and over again.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Does anybody have a list where the Android 13 awakening medals drop exactly? For example, I been running "All Guns Blazing" "Aggressive Circuitry" "Martial Warrior's Offensive" "Intense Onslaught" on Z-Hard and still cannot get Android #15 medal to drop.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I would says INT team is the weaker team. For the longest time I was fielding a crappy INT team that included Master Shen and Dr Gero (not the damage reducing one) and Hercule because there was lack of good SR INT and my horrendous RNG on SSR means I never got perfect Cell or Gohan or Trunks. Farmable good cards are not so many and usually have horrible drop rate (Mecha Frieza, King Vegeta, Kid Vegeta)

TEQ teams are pretty decent. After the usual +3 KI character, FF Frieza+3rd Form Frieza are an amazing link and hits hard, Beerus hits hard and links with the Frieza, Fusion Android #13 has crap links but hits hard. Add the last character with the eventual Dokkan Awakend Android #17 or Cooler. Not to mention in the beginning you had the ridiculous and east to get TEQ Kid Gohan.

That said, my favorite team is still AGI because so many characters are +KI magnets (Android 17#, #18, Fasha) or Kamehaha monsters (Kid Goku, various Gokus)

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Good thing you all are giving the heads up about the World Tournament, so I can be sure not bother doing it. Wasting a bunch of $40~$50 of stones AND spend huge amount of time to grind up a event? No, thanks.

As if spending hundreds of dollars to get guaranteed.......DUPLICATE SRs are not frustrating enough.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I am fine that Coora is a low drop rate (took about 12 attempts for my first one), but do they have to put the Coora also in the summon pool? I did 4 summons to get 2 usual trash Rs and 2 Cooras. I rather spend 20 gems burning stamina to farm 10 Coora than to take my chances to pull two.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I just want to understand something. Even though the opponents cards are from real players, the gameplay is not really controlled by those players, right?

What I mean is, I have been blowing through with 40K points per battle vs single digits for my opponents card set, but my opponents are probably doing the same to my card sets. Meaning I am not fighting real live players, just their AI controlled predetermined card sets.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I have been told that there is a 4% chance that you can summon SSR in a pull, so I have been keeping a personal tally of every single stone pull I have done since the game started. And behold, my suspicion that I have a horrendous luck is indeed pretty true. So here is my personal stats for your reference.

Total summons made (including single/multiple pulls): 138 (690 stones)
SSR: 6 summons, 2 duplicates, summon chance 1.43%
SR: 86 summons, 37 duplicates, summon chance 20.53%
R: 419 summons, 291 duplicates, summon chance 78.04%

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

This is my default tournament team using Frieza team+Cooler. Of course, since it is maxed out, I actually switch two characters out in a carousel of EXP grinding.

That said, the links are amazing with all the +KI going around and they all hit like a truck. Almost all my fights end with each character comfortably killing off everyone without drawing.

isme fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 22, 2015

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Talking about Awakening medals, at this stage, I rather get 100 Gregories than 100 Old Kai or Supreme Kai. Which said Gregories will be used up easily on awakening two characters.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Is there a faster way to sell the items in Baba's trade shop than 10 at a time? I have 900 Tree of Might awakening medals to sell.:argh:

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I have done this event 4 times and failed all 4 times.

This is my team for your reference, all max level.
AGI Vegeta-Saiyan Elite (For +3 AGI leader)
AGI SSJ Trunks-Talent from Dad
TEQ SSJ Goku-Legendary Super Saiyan
INT King Vegeta
STR Great Saiyaman 2-Goddess of Peace
TEQ Might Mask-Titanic Tag Team

Friends are usually either another AGI Vegeta or the STR Event Goku

I don't get what I am doing wrong when 5 of 6 of my team has Blazing Battle ( I use +3 Agi Vegeta to boost my AGI chars). If I block his super with Trunks it still does 20K+ damage and with someone else like INT Vegeta, I take 50K.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
The fight for 5000 and under is pretty brutal. Yesterday I started just a hair under 5K, spent my natural generated stamina without using stones and wake up to rank 7K. Doing the same today and now I am around 8K.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I see several people running with SA8 and above Broly, that might call for some serious intervention.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I might be having terrible luck, but I have only 3 drops TOTAL on the Metal Coora. And this with at least 500+ kills of Metal Cooras so far running the last two on Z-Hard.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
If I had AGL SSJ2 Goku, it would be my best AGL card instead Max Power Roshi with Kamehameha link followed by +3 Ki Vegeta. Not everyone is lucky enough to get those super SSR AGL card (with my 1.83% summon chance!) that will never drop for me.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I should stop reading this thread and tempting myself to pay for multi pulls because it always ends in tears.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I passed using Turtles, Babidi, General Blue, and Bulma as Stunners, Mecha Freeza and SSJ Adult Gohan as my gunners. If I get a Turtles friend, I drop Bulma for Perfect Cell. SSJ Adult Gohan+Perfect Cell Kamekameha links helps speed the fight. 4 strong stunners pretty much insures a safe fight without need to even heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
For those doing the Cell games and trying to proc the stun, just note the game already predetermines the stun rate before that round starts.

I tested this theory today by doing the same round various time (by jumping out of the game and resuming game to reset).

So this was the setup.

I had Babidi (Stunner), General Blue (Stunner), and a non stunner.

Cell in that round will regenerate in the 2nd position, so this means I HAVE to stun him in the first attack.

-Using Babidi on first attack, General Blue on second, ran 10 times, no stuns on first attack, ALWAYS stun procs on second attack.
-Using General Blue on first attack, Babidi on second, ran 10 times, no stuns on first attack, ALWAYS stun procs on second attack.