Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'll crosspost from the Android thread, as suggested.

My main team is Saiyans/Ginyu/a robot featuring the event SR Vegeta, the R Pilaf Fusion Machine the SR Burter (AGI), Recoome (PHY), Nappa(TEQ) and the R Jeice (STR). Jeice is REALLY good Z-Awakened. +1000 attack if he goes first and even better if I get Burter to go first. Tough as Nails and Brutal Beatdown tie Nappa and the Pilaf Robot in with the Ginyu guys. Almost any set of 3 here has good links. I wish the SR AGI Goku I had fit in better, but he has no Saiyan links, so he's basically stuck on Z-Warrior teams, which is lame since he was my starter pull.

I also built a respectable World Tournament Reborn team. This is led by a R AGI Videl that I Z-Awakened, with the Z-Awakened N Hercule (INT), Jewel (TEQ), Killa (STR), and Pintar (AGI). Also that PHY Recoome because I needed a PHY guy and why not Recoome? Z-Awakening's type modifications cover a lot of the gap left by these guys being mostly R*.

Really, I feel like Z-Awakening Rs is the way to go at least in the mid-game. The Super and Extreme <attribute> bonus is really nice. That World Tournament team should be junk by all reckoning, but they hold up okay. My only decent INT fighter is that Pilaf Robot, too, so I'm focusing on getting them up to snuff with a Z-Awaken.

I've spent too much money, but oh well. I need Captain Ginyu and Guldo, then poo poo can get REAL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

How do you go about getting more than one Gohan? I just re-played the final mission and got nothing.

You get one every time you clear the last stage on Normal. You don't get it on hard or z-hard.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Wow, that seems like a bit of an oversight... oh well. That attack of his is insane.

The event tells you that's how it works. The Goku event doesn't even have a fight in Z-Hard if you re-do it, so it's intentional.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, it took me like two solid days of grinding to get Vegeta, I doubt Tao will be any different. At least I have a drat good set of AGI guys to pound on him with.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Are you guys going for 1 of each type, or some overlapping types and using a color as a "wildcard", or what is your strategy?

I was attempting 1 of each type, but ended up with overlapping Blues and Greens.. I keep flip-flopping my Int/Phy slot because I don't have anyone great to fill that niche. I was using a R Z-awakened Chi-Chi until I landed a bunch of Krillins, which upped his Super enough for him to be more viable than her. If I found an SR+ Str, I'd replace him pretty quickly..

Really depends on what I'm doing, but I feel like I do better with a balanced team. I feel like having good links and at least having someone to take neutral or reduced damage most of the time is way better than doubling down on a good leader ability like Vegeta's. I was running three AGI guys and was getting rocked by any TEQ trash that came down the road and that's stopped while still leaving Vegeta and Burter to be my big special guys.

Now, Z-Awakened AGI guys obviate a bit of that need, so go whole hog if you have a bunch of AGI SR/SR*s and Saiyan Elite Vegeta or a 15 or 20% attack boost guy like Jeice (STR), Android 19 (PHY), or Gohan (TEQ).

Kid Gohan is a fantastic leader for a Z-Warriors team, for example. It's pretty easy to rack up at least R* Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu and a Goku.

I've had a hell of a time finding a good INT character. I seriously have two. A R* Chaiotzu and my freshly SR* Fusion Machine Pilaf. Pilaf is pretty good, though, has the fantastic Brutal Beatdown link and a +1200 atk with a 5 Ki meter passive.

Edit: I am up to my neck in SR AGIs, dang. I have Vegeta, Burter, Goku, and now Piccolo. There's also a SR* Videl in there.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 24, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

vulturesrow posted:

Anyone found a particularly effective way to grind awakening medals? Also I'm torn on spending stones for pulls but my team is kinda bad so I'm feeling like it's slowing my progress. Or am I better off waiting for a rate up event?

Just stack up whatever you can that's strong against the type of medal you're getting, forget links and anything else. I.E. TEQ medals loving suck since nobody has any INT. One you start getting Z-Awakened characters of that type, they're good picks for the medal stages, too.

Also, just spend the stones on some pulls. That's all they're really good for, save a few for increases, but you need those Rs and SRs to get stuff done. Also there's no point in saving for a 50-pull, since there's no rare bonus or extra pull, so it's the same as 10 5-pulls.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 24, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

vulturesrow posted:

It's there a list somewhere of what levels have which medals? Also my hesitation on spending stones is from my PAD days.. :)

If you want specific medals, they daily ones are really your best bet, same as any other gacha game. I'm pretty sure any other medals (or other capsule) for that matter are random among the rarity.

Seems like most things use the common medals and only differentiate when you get up to R.

I mean, I have no idea if they're going to do rate up events, but I look at it as "I can have fun now before I get bored" rather than "maybe I'll have a better shot of something cool later".

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 24, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, seems like it's 10. I can't add any more to Gohan from further Gohans.

Finally beat the stupid Ginyu Force level. It's very much a team variation check. Also if you have a Senzu Bean or a Dende because it's like 4 boss fights in a row.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Jeice and the Pilaf robot really need links to shine, I think. I use both on my team and Jeice is a real beatstick, that +1000 atk for going second is drat nice. Even better if you get a Burter to pair with him, then he's one of my heaviest hitters.

The Pilaf robot has Brutal Beatdown with Nappa and Recoome, who generally seem to be pretty strong no matter the incarnation. I mean, if I ever get a Ginyu or Guldo it's gone, but seems solid enough for now, especially after a Z-Awakening, considering how few INT guys there seem to be.

Edit: Aww yeah, got Cyborg Tao.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 25, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

You needed a facebook anyway. I'm still like the only person in the world without one. Oh well, I'll have to keep an eye out for its proper release so I can grab it on day one or something. It's not that hard starting off anyway.

Anyway I typo'd my name in this game without realizing when I grabbed the English version and fun fact: it has an easy restart option when you reinstall. So many other games make it a pain in the rear end to restart or don't let you restart at all.
EDIT: I got a freezer! I'm pretty happy with this starter.

Is there any trick to this I'm missing? I never seem to be able to get my super attacks off and every event stage kicks my rear end.

Yeah, do some more story mode. You need the stones for early pulls, plus your first Shenron wish is pretty important.

As for specials, dudes with bonus ki are really good. Vegeta from the last event and Cyborg Tao make really good team leads, even if you only have two of that type.

Keep an eye out for links and good secondaries. The people who link can surprise you and those secondaries can make R guys like Jeice really good. You're kind of stuck with the Z-Fighters early on, but you can get good type variety from them until you find some support for your Frieza. Hopefully you'll get some good folks that link with him, I know I've seen a bunch of links with him in them.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh neat, a R Yajirobe! I wonder what he has going on.

Tough as Nails :stare:
+1500 Atk when 3rd. :catstare:

I have no idea who my friend charater is, I end up taking the wrong team in half the time, so I have no idea where it saves your current team. It's probably Saiyan Elite Vegeta? But I will glady add Shine so as to take advantage of his Milky Cannon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Petiso posted:

Just so you know, that Kid Gohan's leader skill is TEQ (green) type ATK increased by 20% :black101:

The major problem with that is that on a non-gimmick team (I.E. my Z-Fighter all TEQ one) running 3 of one type is a liability. I was trying that with Vegeta and SR Burter and SR Goku and had major issues until I balanced my team out (leaving two AGI). I think a lot of that was Goku and Vegeta had very few links, so they sort of gimped any row they were on. If I got all three in a row? No buffs and getting wrecked by TEQ guys.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wonder how good those R Vegeta and Nappa are going to be. I have an SR TEQ and an R STR Nappa and they're pretty soild and we all know about the SR event Vegeta.

Also got a R Spopovich. Why is there an R Spopovich? I mean, he has Brutal Beatdown and Tough as Nails, so heck yeah, but still, why?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What's the sweet spot for XP? I see everyone with higher level dudes than mine and I'm not sure how they're managing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'll have to keep that in mind. I could definitely add some junk to a team with some of my better guys for the medal dailies.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Saiyan event is up. Seems like a good opportunity for people to get an INT guy in the R Nappa. The Vegeta is an STR character as well. Just going through on Normal, it looks like you get two of each. Haven't replayed a level yet, so not sure if you can get more, but you probably can.

Nappa has Saiyan Warrior Race, Brutal Beatdown, Tough as Nails, Berserker, and Over 9000. Pretty similar to other Nappas, but it looks like Over 9000 is an event character link. His passive is INT attack up by 10%. Definitely seems like a solid card, like all Nappas.

Vegeta has Saiyan Warrior Race, The Vegeta Family, Big Bad Bosses, Prodigies, and Over 9000. Also has a 'rare' attack up by 100% ability. Seems alright, but he's being compared to Saiyan Elite Vegeta and Jeice for me, so he's not really stacking up.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 29, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Doesn't look like you can repeat Normal to get more copies, sadly. Just did Saiyan Rapmage Normal again and got nothing.

Shame I already have a SR TEQ Nappa. I had another good TEQ guy that fit, I'd probably trade the new one for my Pilaf robot. The R TEQ guys I have like Piccolo and Goku don't have links with the Ginyu dudes or Vegeta, who kind of anchor the team. Could be Spopovich's time to shine?

Also, wow, Demon is a really unimpressive link. +1 Ki is not that useful. Shame, too, since I have several Piccolos, Cymbal, and Tambourine.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 29, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh hey, a Gaptain Ginyu! Oh, it's the STR one. Guess I don't need uh.. wait, poo poo. :(

Edit: See ya, Pilaf Fusion Robot. Welcome aboard, Captain. Everyone but Guldo has been waiting for you.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 29, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
This STR Ginyu is pretty solid. I have no idea how to trigger his Teamwork passive reliably, but whatever, I guess? Supposed to be +1000 atk for all allies if all three attack in a row, but it doesn't seem to work all the time. Weird.

Wonder who'd be a good 6th for a Ginyu-based team if I got a Guldo. Probably Nappa or #16.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm having that issue with Burter. I have an R and an SR and they both have awful stats. I mean, with Saiyan Elite Vegeta, that least SR Burter can hit his special all the time. For less than 7000 attack power. :(

On the other hand, I did get a Genius of War Vegeta today. Wonder if he'd be worth using over Saiyan Elite. I mean, Nappa works so well with Recoome, it's hard to pass up another Saiyan to fill a slot. I also have a R Raditz, but he's AGI. That'd move Jeice to leader to boost him and Ginyu, the use GoW Vegeta and event Nappa for type coverage.

Also Jackie Chun fits in awesome with my World Tournament team. Makes Jewel a bit better, hits hard by himself, links with Hercule.

I would totally trade someone for a Guldo if that was a thing, though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
For any complaints on Burter, Jeice is pretty drat good. I have the R STR one and he's a beast. I just did Red-Hot Rumble on Hard and he did like 22k to Vegeta combined with Burter and my R STR Captain Ginyu. It was awesome and you can do poo poo like this all the time with him.

In total:
Teamwork (+1000 Atk if attacking 2nd, Jeice)
Teamwork (+1000 Atk if all 3 attack in a row, Ginyu)
Ginyu Force (+25% Attack)
Tag Team of Terror (+500 atk, Burter)
STR+ for advantage

Sadly he doesn't have Brutal Beatdown or anything else, just Ginyu Force and Tag Team of Terror.

To answer my own question from earlier, seems like all three people need to attack before the enemy to trigger STR R Ginyu's Teamwork thing, but it's fully sick when it goes off.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The loving scouter has Guldo in it, taunting me. I don't even want Frieza, but I'm tempted to throw down for a 10-pull just for that. I have no idea how this game has gotten me to spend money.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, I went for it, since I'm a chump. Got another SR PHY Vegeta, SR Str 1st Form Frieza, SR Zarbon, SR Master Shen, the R Hercule, the TEQ Jeice, and a bunch of Androids I'm probably not going to use.

R TEQ Jeice should be nice. 10‰ enemy attack debuffs for 3 rounds and a type I don't have in my current deck. It's going to be tough to beat the STR Jeice, though.

Not bad, but I still need a Guldo or an Android 18. I could run a good mix of Androids if I had her. 17 needs her to really shine, just from a casual glance.

I wish the Frieza links were better, I have SR Frieza, Zarbon, and Dodoria now.

To answer New Leaf's question, I just hold on to everything and condense my duplicate Rares down. Never know when I'm going to get the linchpin for a cool combo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, all these pulls made me rethink my teambuilding. Emperor of Inequity Frieza's leader ability seems pretty sick, but I have no idea how to pair him with anything in my Ginyu team, though. Seems a shame to ditch all the work I put into the Ginyu Force guys, seeing as two of them are SR.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You jerks with your Guldos and your SR Ginyus. :negative:

That new Krillin seems pretty dang good. Wonder if it'd be worth experimenting with him on my team, too. Ginyu links be damned.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 2, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

Is guldo even any good? He has some links with Frieza and Nappa but I already have enough greens.

I have an SR Burter, SR Recoome, an R TEQ and STR Jeice, and a R STR Ginyu. He'd be the ideal INT guy for my team. Right now I'm running the event Nappa for that, since he links with Nappa. Ginyu Force is a REALLY good link.

Just traded the AGI Event Vegeta for my first form Frieza's +15% attack leader ability. Who needs links when you get +1500 atk for showing up on the line? Makes the TEQ Jeice I just swapped in look a lot better, too, since that +15% covers the loss of the Teamwork bonus. Now it's a 10% enemy debuff, which sounds fun.

Kelp Plankton posted:

All of Frieza's forms can be on the same team and link with each other :getin:

This is good because Zarbon and Dodoria don't seem to be very good. Metamorphosis is lame at a 5% heal, Frieza's Minion is only +300 atk, and Frieza's Army is +1000 defense, which is okay. They also link to nobody else. The SR PHY Dodoria's leader ability seems alright, though, +20% HP for TEQ, STR, and PHY and SR INT Zarbon is +25% INT attack.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 2, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Links can be weird, I've found. SR Ginyu does not link with Frieza (at least not with 1st Form Frieza that was in the game before this event), but he does link with Master Roshi.

That's because Frieza does not have any Respect. :v:

It is kind of weird that the Ginyu guys don't have a link with Frieza, though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's really a team check. You need good variety of types to clear it. Also a Senzu Bean.

I just did another 10 pull with a Super Saiyan Goku on the pull and only got one SR, the SR PHY Vegeta. I did get three Guldos (one INT, two PHY) and two of the new Killin, though!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 2, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Petiso posted:

Did the Dragon Stone Multi-summon, didn't get any of Frieza's transformations and my only SR was a TEQ Raditz...

Well, at least I can start a saiyan team with him and the Nappa and Vegeta from the event, I also got a STR Android 19 and a INT Dr. Gero so now I have a full balanced android team with Androids 16 through 20 with a Cell Jr. as a pet. Also got an INT Guldo which I heard are valuable for Ginyu teams, just missing Jeice and Ginyu to complete mine.

Really seems like it depends on which Ginyu guys you get. There's a PHY Guldo, too. The reason the INT one is useful to me is because the INT Ginyu is the SR and I don't have him, I have the R STR one.

I got the other SR STR Frieza 1st Form. Shame his leader ability isn't as general, because he has Brutal Beatdown. Now, if I wanted to do a STR heavy Ginyu team, he'll be good. +25‰ attack to Frieza, Jeice, and Ginyu and links with Guldo and Recoome. :getin: But for general purpose, +15‰ to everyone is much more useful on a balanced team.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I tried Elemental Wings, too. I think that's what you're supposed to do? I suck at shmups anyway, though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, what a hassle. Seems like every time I work on a some Ns to awaken, I end up with them at 19 with like 150 XP to go.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Of course after all of my grousing about needing him, I get another Ginyu, the R INT one. He doesn't even have a passive ability. :mediocre:

The R STR one has a really nice one, so I guess it'll be a matter of what types are useful. I have a lot of redundant Ginyu Force dudes now, leading to pretty solid options for teambuilding if I level the others. Shame none of them have good generic leader abilities, but that's what Frieza's for.

Ginyu - R STR, R INT
Recoome SR PHY, R STR
Jeice R STR, R TEQ
Guldo R INT, R PHY
Burter SR AGI, had an R AGI that sucked.

I'm pretty close to getting that SR PHY Recoome (Never-Ending Assault) up to Xyber Huge/SSR*, so that'll be cool. Most of those Rs are SR* already.

I've had pretty good luck with the events so far, only Vegeta took more than than a handful of runs to drop for me and I have a better team now. I haven't been grinding for multiple copies, though.

On a more general note: What links are people finding useful? Obviously I think Ginyu Force is good and obviously Saiyan Warrior Race is great, but I'm wondering if anyone's been impressed with others. Brutal Beatdown is good and pretty common, as is Tough as Nails.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 6, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Added both of you, my code's 1487212337 if you want some random SR leader depending on what I'm doing. My A-Team lead is Emperor of Inequity Frieza for a sweet +15% Atk boost for everyone.

Also, aww fuckin' yeah. SSR* Recoome. Next on the SSR* block is that dumb fucker Burter, when I can scrounge up another 250k Zenni. Maybe he won't suck as hard at SSR*?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I did the Ginyu one with a Senzu. Take one and a Dende and it's probably fine.

Got Mecha Frieza on my 4th attempt. It's not too bad as long as you have a team with some z awakened folks due to the damage reduction. He still does like 3k to resistant characters, so it's really a damage race.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have that AGI Goku and Piccolo, too. I use Saiyan Elite Vegeta and R Raditz in my AGI team. Yours has way better synergy. Sadly, Determined Defender Goku doesn't have Saiyan Warrior Race.

Speaking of AGI characters, I Z-Awakened my SR Speed Tactics Burter. His attack went up by 900, hits harder than SSR* Recoome. :eyepop: Still made of glass compared to a lot of other folks, though.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 7, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Hmm I've got him sitting around too, just liked 17 more. I'm swimming in Blues. Just need a couple more Grandpa Gohans and I'll Z-Unlock Krillin. I'll have his Super at like 6 or so by then..

And yeah, I'm a big dummy who didn't farm that old Vegeta. I figured "hey, I've got a SSR Vegeta, why would I ever need another one?" Whoops.

Burter only really shines with other Giynu Force guys, that +25% is a big deal for them. He's not a great fit for all AGI teams, but he does work well with Saiyan Elite Vegeta. Starting at +5 Ki for going first is a pretty nice perk. I think Speedy Retribution (a Burter/Yamcha link for some reason) is okay at +300 atk if you have an AGI Yamcha.

I wish the androids had better links. I just got an SR AGI 18. I have a mix of 16s, a 17, two 19s, SR Dr. Gero and the Pilaf Fusion Robot. The 16, 17, and 19s I have are all PHY, limiting things somewhat, but I don't know if Android Assault and Twin Terrors/The Innocents is worth trying to build a team around.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Didn't even occur to me to add a piece of chaff to my Mecha Frieza team. I really only need Recoome and PHY Guldo with Recoome's leader ability. Burter's not bad, either. This'll hopefully help get my Emperor of Inequity Frieza leveled up and Z-Awakened.

And if we're going to post teams, here's my current Ginyu Force. I'm also working on the R PHY Guldo (who is tanky as all hell) and have a level 60 SR* STR Jeice. Deciding on if I want to work on R INT Ginyu or not, since the SR Ginyus are INT.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

I got an R Nail from a friend points pull. He has a "Namekians" link. It's just him and Piccolo.

Anyway Mecha Frieza is pretty crazy strong, even at low levels his super hits really hard.

Nail also has Hero with Hercule, so that's pretty good! :v:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just turned a bunch of my training items from logins into an SSR* Emperor of Inequity Frieza. :eyepop: Should be suitably brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Rapner posted:

So is this thread going to be the home for horrible degenerate gambling addictsgacha games in general or just DBZ stuff?

If you've got one, post about it. We've had people talking about Element Wings or whatever that shump one was. I'm sure there's a bunch.

I used to play Soccer Spirits (aka Big Titty Anime Soccer) and it wasn't bad. Teambuilding was neat. Actually has a thread.