Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
tumbleweed.jpg

Oh, turns out Club Brugge plays Manchester United this evening. Second qualifaction round for the champions league group stages. They never played each other before, but obviously Brugge is the underdog here. I'm pretty curious about the game to be honest. Would be cool and good for Belgian football if there were 2 teams in the group stages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Cool dude Duarte knows how to shut down english garbagemen, looking forward to this.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Sweet. I only managed to catch half of the match but I hear my main man, Bryan "The Rocket" Verboom, managed to get in on the action and I'm down as gently caress for that. Get in there, son.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Let's take a look at the results from the weekend:

Anderlecht got lucky, scoring in the 92nd minute. Oostende keeps being good and won at Sclessin, always nice if you can do that. Didn't see much of the other games, but STVV winning the derby against their rival is nice. First time in their history that they managed to beat Genk. Totally deserved by the way, they were much better. So far they have been a breath of fresh air in the JPL, wonder how long they can keep up their current level.
Kortrijk-Gent was a snoozefest and I literally fell asleep. Gent only managed to score 4 times in 5 games, so they might want to improve on that.

Anyway, here's the table so far:

Oostende leading with 13 points, I don't think anyone saw that coming. They already won against Anderlecht and Standard too. Only draw so far was against STVV.
Anderlecht are in third place, but the level of play is atrocious. So far they've been saved by last-minute goals two times, so their points don't really reflect the level of play.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
First trainer death of the season is a fact! Standard just fired Muslin.

Next year, remind me to do an over/under on number of matchdays before the first trainer gets sacked.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
lol standard wtf

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

beedeebee posted:

First trainer death of the season is a fact! Standard just fired Muslin.

Next year, remind me to do an over/under on number of matchdays before the first trainer gets sacked.

Yannick Ferreira (who was coaching Sint Truiden) is the new coach of Standard. Johan Boskamp will become the new STVV coach. Wonder how that'll all work out.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Some real bullshit reffing in the Essevee - Ghent game last night.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

Some real bullshit reffing in the Essevee - Ghent game last night.

Was it because the ref tackled Leye? :v:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Also yes. I did like seeing Leye salty af because that's when you know he's going to score

and he did

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Oh wow, dang.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Let's start a betting pool on when Preud'homme will walk.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

beedeebee posted:

Let's start a betting pool on when Preud'homme will walk.

After the home defeat to Oostende, so 10/19.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Good thing I missed the first half of this one haha :pram:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

RIP Standard, I'm glad you're bad now.

lol ferrera

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

So beedeebee, how do you feel about Sels, Kums and Depoitre being called up? (as well as babby Lukaku and Cavanda, I guess)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

So beedeebee, how do you feel about Sels, Kums and Depoitre being called up? (as well as babby Lukaku and Cavanda, I guess)

:feelsgood:

Really happy for Sels, and I also feel like it's better for the national team. He's still young, he can and will learn a lot and can maybe (if Courtois and Mignolet are both injured that is) step up. More than old man Gillet anyway. Also, he's good. drat.
Kums and Depoitre, I'm happy, but... We already have a ton of midfielders, although I'd totally pick Kums over Defour at the moment. Let's see how he does against Andorra I guess? He's good, and he's obviously in killer form at the moment, but I doubt he'll become a household name for the national team. Same for Depoitre. I love him and he's very good, but the national team is something else. But on the other hand, I'm sure he'll do better than Origi, and our strikers aren't all that good either. So I guess we'll see how it goes? Anyway, it'll also increase their value, and that's a good thing, because if they keep playing like this, I don't think think they'll still be at Gent next season.

As for today, really happy we beat Brugge. Always special games. But they were bad, drat. Wonder what will happen to Preud'homme.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol anderlecht by the way. Penalty crisis is back and stronger than ever!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

beedeebee posted:

:feelsgood:

Really happy for Sels, and I also feel like it's better for the national team. He's still young, he can and will learn a lot and can maybe (if Courtois and Mignolet are both injured that is) step up. More than old man Gillet anyway. Also, he's good. drat.
Kums and Depoitre, I'm happy, but... We already have a ton of midfielders, although I'd totally pick Kums over Defour at the moment. Let's see how he does against Andorra I guess? He's good, and he's obviously in killer form at the moment, but I doubt he'll become a household name for the national team. Same for Depoitre. I love him and he's very good, but the national team is something else. But on the other hand, I'm sure he'll do better than Origi, and our strikers aren't all that good either. So I guess we'll see how it goes? Anyway, it'll also increase their value, and that's a good thing, because if they keep playing like this, I don't think think they'll still be at Gent next season.

As for today, really happy we beat Brugge. Always special games. But they were bad, drat. Wonder what will happen to Preud'homme.
I kind of have a sneaking suspicion Kums, Depoitre, etc have all been called up because Wilmots thinks he can fix his problems with different players rather than doing something about his tactics. Not that he'll use them outside of matches like against Andorra.

lol @ anderlecht also

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

just read about the anderlecht thing, that's incredible

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

I kind of have a sneaking suspicion Kums, Depoitre, etc have all been called up because Wilmots thinks he can fix his problems with different players rather than doing something about his tactics. Not that he'll use them outside of matches like against Andorra.

lol @ anderlecht also

I could totally see that this might be the case for Kums and Depoitre, but I don't see why Sels can't become 3rd keeper. But Wilmots should walk anyway :)

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

beedeebee posted:

I could totally see that this might be the case for Kums and Depoitre, but I don't see why Sels can't become 3rd keeper.
That spot's taken, friend.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

two yellow cards for complaining. what the poo poo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Have any libs made a fuss about Gent's logo?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

African AIDS cum posted:

Have any libs made a fuss about Gent's logo?

No. It owns, Gent owns. And that's that.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lokeren should be renamed to Lmaokeren

EDIT: yowzers, after posting this they almost came back from 0-2.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 27, 2015

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Well then, hope Depoitre isn't injured. He works really really hard for the team and is a constant hassle for the opposition.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

It's really painful watching Kums do this for another team. I'm still not over it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
If you had told me a year ago that gent would not only play, but actually win a champions league match, I would have thought you had a mental illness. But here we are!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
*opens up creaky door* *peers into darkness*

Hello? Is there anyone there? Just wanted to drop in and say: lol anderlecht.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

beedeebee posted:

lol anderlecht.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

but also ghent didn't deserve to win

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

but also ghent didn't deserve to win

I know. Maybe we'll do better tonight? :)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I am drunk and gent is still number one. Yay!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

boo you whore

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Bossut was very good though

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Don't gently caress this up, Ghent.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

beedeebee posted:

If you had told me a year ago that gent would not only play, but actually win a champions league match, I would have thought you had a mental illness. But here we are!

Yeah, I confess I'd have reacted the same way a year ago. Well done Ghent! Really good showing, they've deserved it as well. Somehow they're among the best 16 teams in the world right now? I live 3 km away from the stadium and I can hear the supporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wow, just got home from the game. Can't believe it. The knock-out stage!

And the supporters were so loud, it was awesome. My throat hurts and I fell down 3 rows when they scored the second goal but it's totally worth it!

• Locked thread