Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Amergin posted:

No way in hell did I draft that well.
The Draft Rank tool is pretty bad. It basically takes only the preseason projected points total for a players entire season and then adds them all up. That is not how fantasy football works though and making preseason point totals for possible breakout rookies and high injury risk aging veterans is basically impossible. For example, my lowest projected player is Ronnie Hillman at 88.01 PPR points. That is over 80 points less projected than Joique Bell (169.99), also on my team. Adding those 2 up point wise to my score is a poor indicator of both what is likely to happen and what could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Whoops forgot about this as I had a family issue last night. Thank you for my backup kicker yahoo autodraft. I'm gonna take this team turd to the top baby.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Ahhh sorry bout being MIA, traveling out of the country and for work. I'll send money right now.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I had home drama and missed it as well. Fortunately I set the top 100 pre-draft rankings and ended up with a decent top 5. Unfortunately, Yahoo handled the rest and I also ended up with two kickers and a bench full of people that will never play. Oh well, TEAM MANAGEMENT TIME.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Sorry for the delay, my payment was sent in

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Everyone is paid up, $240 in the coffer. Have a good season you fuckers!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Week 1 and I'm already here with some inexplicable points from scrubs with Mariota being on the bench probably making me miss the mark.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'm going to win week one despite my three WRs totaling 5 rec for 53 yards, no TD.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Once again my paper tiger team manages to win riding off Gronk's coattails

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Who has a terrible 4-0 team? This guy :coal:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Daedra posted:

Who has a terrible team? This guy :spooky:

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
You guys should trade with me to make your team better.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
What's up with the waivers in this league. They seem like the settings are messed up.

I get they are rolling based on standings, but even during the week they never change. If the 12th place team puts in 10 requests and the 11th place guy puts in the same 10 requests the 12th place guy will get all of his waivers approved and the 11th place person would not get any. Usually every successful wavier will make you go to 12th on the waiver list so the last place team can get the first waiver pick, but can't get all the waiver picks for the week.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

dalstrs posted:

What's up with the waivers in this league. They seem like the settings are messed up.

I get they are rolling based on standings, but even during the week they never change. If the 12th place team puts in 10 requests and the 11th place guy puts in the same 10 requests the 12th place guy will get all of his waivers approved and the 11th place person would not get any. Usually every successful wavier will make you go to 12th on the waiver list so the last place team can get the first waiver pick, but can't get all the waiver picks for the week.

I am using the exact settings as last year, and there were no complaints of waiver priority; maybe something is broken?

PS, my season is ruined along with Jamaal's ACL. Gurley, do your thang.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Dubious posted:

I am using the exact settings as last year, and there were no complaints of waiver priority; maybe something is broken?

PS, my season is ruined along with Jamaal's ACL. Gurley, do your thang.

Could be no one noticed before. If you look, this week Boom had 2 waiver pickups before Ciroc who also had 2 waiver pickup, then the other guys had one.

loving Jamaal, I had him in almost all of my leagues.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

dalstrs posted:

first 3 draft picks: eddie lacy, andrew luck, alshon jeffrey
11th place in a 12 team league, cannot add charmander west because the 12th placed dude with 23 moves has higher waiver priority than me with 3 moves
truly fantasy football purgatory

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I would like to thank everyone so far that I've played that decides to score their lowest each week against my 5-0 paper tiger team

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Daedra posted:

I would like to thank everyone so far that I've played that decides to score their lowest each week against my 5-0 paper tiger team

that trend will continue this week because i'm dead in the water :spooky:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Turns out my former coworker is a huge loving baby.

I adjusted the waiver to take effect after this week to be rolling based off of reverse standings, which should fix the issue we're seeing. I'm gonna just give him his 20 bucks back and eat his fee to keep the pot full, and if he cuts his team I can use commissioner tools to restore ti.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Dubious posted:

Turns out my former coworker is a huge loving baby.

I adjusted the waiver to take effect after this week to be rolling based off of reverse standings, which should fix the issue we're seeing. I'm gonna just give him his 20 bucks back and eat his fee to keep the pot full, and if he cuts his team I can use commissioner tools to restore ti.

Make sure you emphasise how much of a bitch he is. You should keep his money too.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

dalstrs posted:

Make sure you emphasise how much of a bitch he is. You should keep his money too.

I won't let him hear the end of this. loving christ, sorry he went loco.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Some people are just lovely, ain't your fault Dubs.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I was wondering if it was someone in this thread having a meltdown, heh. Stuff happens; don't blame you.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I like how he is salty towards the top four teams. I'm 6-0 because of loving luck and working the waiver wire. I missed the draft and my WR core was Sammy Watkins, Charles Johnson, Marques Colston, Brandon LaFell, & Kenny Britt. :barf:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Pretty lame, I would kick him out on the basis of threatening to be a dick on the waiver wire. Is this a grown adult throwing this tantrum?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Gyshall posted:

Pretty lame, I would kick him out on the basis of threatening to be a dick on the waiver wire. Is this a grown adult throwing this tantrum?

Yes this is a grown rear end man throwing this hissy fit.

I can't kick him without deleting the league and manually rebuilding everyone's team, so i'll just be ready to fix the damage cutting could cause.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Daedra posted:

I like how he is salty towards the top four teams. I'm 6-0 because of loving luck and working the waiver wire. I missed the draft and my WR core was Sammy Watkins, Charles Johnson, Marques Colston, Brandon LaFell, & Kenny Britt. :barf:

I don't think any team is really out of it with smart ww play. There isn't a team in the league that is so dominant no one has a chance. I have good WRs, but tumbleweed at RB (someone trade with me).

And Dub, like Daedra said, some people are just children, not your fault.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
To I sent out like six trade offers for wr. Send me counter if you don't like. It'd be cool to have one good wr.

My whole team is on the block So don't be scared with offers.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I hated to give up Demarco but drat did I need a receiver, even one with a bum hip.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Daedra posted:

I hated to give up Demarco but drat did I need a receiver, even one with a bum hip.

I wanted to draft Demarco this year. I really did, but I just couldn't trust him. I'd have made the same trade in your shoes.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Daedra posted:

If it makes you feel better I think you got a good deal. I really think Allen will put up more points the rest of the season than DeMarco. If I didn't have Matthews I probably wouldn't have done the trade.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I can't stop laughing at that guy I invited from work.

He's a grown rear end man, definitely not a fast food worker. We both make bank.

That's why i'm so goddamn shocked by him being such a baby over it. Whatever, i'm gonna just quit replying to his rear end about this if he can't be an adult over 20 goddamn dollars. If he cuts anyone, i'll just readd them to his team.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Daedra posted:

My 4th place team is solid but I lucked into Freeman and sometimes that happens.

Dubious posted:

I can't stop laughing at that guy I invited from work.

He's a grown rear end man, definitely not a fast food worker. We both make bank.

That's why i'm so goddamn shocked by him being such a baby over it. Whatever, i'm gonna just quit replying to his rear end about this if he can't be an adult over 20 goddamn dollars. If he cuts anyone, i'll just readd them to his team.
He took Shady in the second and PFM in the fourth in a 3 WR, full point PPR league. I have no sympathy for someone who throws a fit when their bad draft leads to them having a bad team.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Hey Dubs I figured out how you can get rid of that idiot in our league. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-football/sln6240.html

Just make an email address and send it to yourself.

Pimpcasso fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 24, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I scored all of the points today and there's still 3 players left to go :laffo:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'm sorry for doubting you Breesus. Shame me from my bench.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
There is a good chance I'm going to lose starting Big Rape over Brees. :waycool:

Also lol at giants d outscoring the seahawks.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Stefon Diggs and Todd Gurley gonna save my season

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Lost three in a row now. My team is as big a fraud as the Falcons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I may go from 6-0 to not making the playoffs lol

• Locked thread