Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
On that note, I'm a little colorblind so a lot of colors can look different to me or are hard for me to distinguish.

I'm bringing this up because until like last year I swore on my life that Perry Saturn was an African-American gentleman because even in wrestling I've never seen such a deep even tan (without the guy just being orange I guess). He's Italian by heritage so it's not unlikely he was darker than a typical Caucasian to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
WEll that's not inaccurate. If wrestling were 'real' then one would imagine it would have legal protection similar to boxing or MMA, wherein if you kill a guy during a fight (and it can be illustrated that you had no desire or motivation to kill him) you're not legally culpable because that's an inherent risk.

Granted if you have a secret move that kills people every week you might get in trouble for that if you refuse to stop using it. That was a storyline in early 1998 WCW, Nash really badly hurt the Giant because he was too big to take the Jacknife safely and this was turned into an angle on TV where the Jacknife is banned and Nash keeps incurring fines because he refuses to stop using it.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
There's still people who think Sid breaking his leg live on PPV was a work even though it was a huge disaster because WCW needed him as their top babyface. If you watch the video on youtube a lot of comments are like "that's his boot bending, lol it's so fake"

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
When I heard about Owen I was so sure that it meant wrestling was real (I was 9 at the time) because I misheard the story and thought he died during a match

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
As you'll learn from reading the ROH thread I thought Dalton Castle was a heel and the booking of Silas against him was deeply troubling and problematic as a result

• Locked thread