Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Man to think people got soooooo pissed about Nero when DMC4 first came out.

How little we knew of what was to come.

Edit:About Griffon, even if you don't have Ifrit's moves to do the maximum amount of damage doesn't just having the fire effect of Ifrit's DT on the grenade launcher do a lot of damage to him? Last time i played the game was when the HD collection came out so i'm a little rusty myself.

To be fair the game takes as much of a piss on him as it does on Dante.

Speaking of DMC4, it's the most polished and deep DMC in terms of character gameplay, especially with DMC4SE, but the level and boss design, while not dire, is fully mediocre.
I mean theres nothing as bad as Griffon here, but theres nothing as good as half the DMC3 bosses.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well and Angelo Credo. Who I didn't mention for reasons unknown to me.
then again he's a vergil fight so hes a given.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The ff12 bestiary was also kickass in that the unlocked addendums are written in a variety of styles and about a variety of subjects. One might be written in a very historical style explaining some background information about the ruins youre in, while another may be street gossip about a bazaar recipe. Theyre also short, like a small paragraph each which avoids the usual problem with Codexes in games: always long winded, incredibly dry diatribes.

The bestiary is well written is what im trying to say, and actually has a bit of fun instead of trying to be overly 'factual'.

• Locked thread